The Student Room Group

Art applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joverbena
I've emailed wimbledon to try and see if they can let me know if i've got an offer before tomorrow, because I've become a bit sick and might have to cancel my Goldsmiths interview tomorrow- think it might finish me off and kill me!!! :eek:

Yours is tomorrow too? I might see you! (Well, depending on the times) I'm halfway towards a nervous breakdown because of it, so much to sort out :frown:
Original post by Ham_Sandwich
Yours is tomorrow too? I might see you! (Well, depending on the times) I'm halfway towards a nervous breakdown because of it, so much to sort out :frown:

i'm not even sorting much out.. i've gone past the caring stage and i don't think the crap work i do now will make much difference. That's exactly why I'm dreading it, I know i'm not fully prepared but i'm too ill to do anything about it. Just going to go and accept it may be the worst one and the most failure. And yes I might see you because mine is 9.30am. i think before you said yours was at 10am. I don't know your name but if I see you waiting I will remember 'ham sandwich'! to be honest not sure if i'll even get there, i always get lost at new cross!
i'm not even sorting much out.. i've gone past the caring stage and i don't think the crap work i do now will make much difference. That's exactly why I'm dreading it, I know i'm not fully prepared but i'm too ill to do anything about it. Just going to go and accept it may be the worst one and the most failure. And yes I might see you because mine is 9.30am. i think before you said yours was at 10am. I don't know your name but if I see you waiting I will remember 'ham sandwich'! to be honest not sure if i'll even get there, i always get lost at new cross!

Mine's at 12, I got mixed up - oh well! My problem is the Brighton interview I've got on Friday, I've basically got to do everything for both of them today which is just a nightmare. I'm sure even applying for medicine isn't as tiring or emotionally draining as trying to get in to art school. I bet your work will be fine though, they're supposed to be more interested in your process and how you think rather than final pieces - I hope they are anyway or I'm royally screwed. Can't you try to reschedule your interview? It would seem a bit unfair if they refused and made you go when you're not at your best.
Original post by cocacola123
Has anyone still not heard back from Brighton BA Painting since submitting their flickr? Have they started rejections yet does anyone know? Getting very worried and tired of waiting!! :-/

I emailed them a couple of weeks ago, and they said they should reply by the beginning of last week. Someone on here had an interview I think, but I haven't heard of any rejections yet. They're definitely taking their time!
Reply 1364
Original post by ehc
I was asked for one of my foundation interviews where else I had applied, and when I told the guy he told me to go to the other place because it was much better...
He also asked me what kind of biscuit I saw myself as and why (I totally messed up and said Jaffa Cake, which technically isn't even a biscuit).

lol, the infamous jaffa cake debate :giggle: That interviewer sounds like a bit of a joker - Id be tempted to go there just becasue of that!!
Update: I just got a Kingston conditional offer for BA Fine Art + History of Art, and so did my friend! One other person also on the foundation course got rejected, unfortunately. Phew, at least I have a place somewhere now.
Original post by Princeling
Update: I just got a Kingston conditional offer for BA Fine Art + History of Art, and so did my friend! One other person also on the foundation course got rejected, unfortunately. Phew, at least I have a place somewhere now.

:biggrin: yay well done!

Whoop whoop! Well done. :smile: Do you just need to have 'successful completion of the course'? (I'm guessing that just means pass.)
Reply 1368

Well done! Just the Goldsmiths interview left then?

Not too nervy about the interview, just wandering what to say :rolleyes:
Original post by Soares
Well done! Just the Goldsmiths interview left then?

Not too nervy about the interview, just wandering what to say :rolleyes:

*wondering :rolleyes:

im so unusually nervy today about it, i think it hit me this afternoon
i think it's coz i really really care about this one and it scares me
Reply 1370
Original post by kaylafrances
*wondering :rolleyes:

im so unusually nervy today about it, i think it hit me this afternoon
i think it's coz i really really care about this one and it scares me

same, i was *wondering* about my kingston interview though...

but yeah, Goldsmiths, oh man.... where do I start on how important that one is.... 10 days to gooooo..... Till my real judgement day
Original post by Soares

but yeah, Goldsmiths, oh man.... where do I start on how important that one is.... 10 days to gooooo..... Till my real judgement day

ow soz :smile:
haha yes the real one... the other ones are mehworthy hehe
Original post by Soares

10 days? Do you know if that's one of the last interview dates? Lucky you, more time! :rolleyes:
Thanks very much, everyone! :biggrin:

Original post by RunningHam
Whoop whoop! Well done. :smile: Do you just need to have 'successful completion of the course'? (I'm guessing that just means pass.)

Yup, pretty much just pass, I think. They kept stressing that some places need at least a merit to get in but I'm pretty sure Kingston is just pass.

And Soares, I still have my Goldsmiths interview next Tuesday and my Chelsea interview after Easter break on the 16th (yes, so far away, ugh).

Good luck!
Thanks very much, everyone! :biggrin:

Yup, pretty much just pass, I think. They kept stressing that some places need at least a merit to get in but I'm pretty sure Kingston is just pass.

And Soares, I still have my Goldsmiths interview next Tuesday and my Chelsea interview after Easter break on the 16th (yes, so far away, ugh).

Good luck!

that is so horribly far away, probably means won't hear back from chelsea for 8 weeks or so then! Patience is not my friend..
I GOT AN OFFER FROM LOUGHBOROUGH!!!!!!!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:

Seriously, I'm so happy! I know I said way back in this thread that I didn't want to go there, and I'm a massive hypocrite for doing so, but I went and it was amazing and I GOT IN!!!! :smile:

It's a conditional and I have to get a pass at foundation, but I plan on getting a distinction so it's fine. EEEEEEEEE!!! :excited:
Original post by Village Whisper
I GOT AN OFFER FROM LOUGHBOROUGH!!!!!!!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:

Seriously, I'm so happy! I know I said way back in this thread that I didn't want to go there, and I'm a massive hypocrite for doing so, but I went and it was amazing and I GOT IN!!!! :smile:

It's a conditional and I have to get a pass at foundation, but I plan on getting a distinction so it's fine. EEEEEEEEE!!! :excited:

Aw congratulations! your relief and happiness shows! haha, really pleased for you :smile:
Aw congratulations! your relief and happiness shows! haha, really pleased for you :smile:

Thank you! They were really quick too, my interview was only last Monday. Brighton could learn a thing or two from them about punctuality! For the past week I've been forbidding myself from looking at the accommodation, just in case it jinxed it. Now I can look, and it's waaay cheaper than everywhere else I looked at!

Haha, I need to stop with the happy stuff, everyone here is still waiting for offers! Well, so am I actually, I still have Brighton and NTU but I'm pretty sure where I'll be going. I just hope everyone else on here gets offers from their first choices! :smile:
Original post by Village Whisper
Thank you! They were really quick too, my interview was only last Monday. Brighton could learn a thing or two from them about punctuality! For the past week I've been forbidding myself from looking at the accommodation, just in case it jinxed it. Now I can look, and it's waaay cheaper than everywhere else I looked at!

Haha, I need to stop with the happy stuff, everyone here is still waiting for offers! Well, so am I actually, I still have Brighton and NTU but I'm pretty sure where I'll be going. I just hope everyone else on here gets offers from their first choices! :smile:

Thankyou! And no need to stop, the happiness stuff is a relief- it's great to have some good news amongst all the anguish :tongue: and wow the quickness, amazing. Quickness does give a university a real bonus for wanting to go there doesn't it :rolleyes:
Thankyou! And no need to stop, the happiness stuff is a relief- it's great to have some good news amongst all the anguish :tongue: and wow the quickness, amazing. Quickness does give a university a real bonus for wanting to go there doesn't it :rolleyes:

It really does! It's not that I'm particularly impatient or anything, and it's probably not a good reflection of what the communication's like within the universities for the students etc, but it definitely helps when they don't take months to reply. More prestigious (and slower!) places might miss out on a few students in the end, if they get offers, because they might've chosen somewhere else instead by that time. Oh well, hopefully they'll all reply within the next week or so (unlikely, but fingers crossed!) and we can move on from this horrible waiting game :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest