The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lazy smurf
Elia = Babel

Babel was a good impact player in his first two seasons, and I would take Babel of that form back.

And tyvm, just because he's dutch and black doesn't mean that he's the same haha. He's not a bad player at all and definitely has better ball skills than Babel.
Original post by Straight up G
Babel was a good impact player in his first two seasons, and I would take Babel of that form back.

And tyvm, just because he's dutch and black doesn't mean that he's the same haha. He's not a bad player at all and definitely has better ball skills than Babel.

Not sure what tyvm means so ill ignore it.

Its nothing to do with him being dutch or black, they play the exact game, have the same temperament, ie want to be top dog at the club, playing in the position they want.

Just wouldn't fit in our team.

I could of course be wrong, but Downing fits in nicely, we should of got him 2 years ago. He's quick enough, one thing is for certain, he'd leave Dirk in the dust in a race!
Original post by Kevmeister
I can't tell if you're serious about the title talk.... yeah, Downing will turn you into champions. :yy:

Ignore that guy. In all honesty we need a CB, LB, DM, CM, LW and RW to get anywhere near the title. Not only to pad out the squad with quality, but to actually improve our first XI.
Man ush*ted look the more likely to sign young... ffs!
Reply 184
Downing would suit Carrol definitely, would be an astute signing from the King, constant supply line, some real width. The King knows how to build a title winning side, so I've total confidence in any transfers he makes this summer.
Original post by Limesasquatch
Man ush*ted look the more likely to sign young... ffs!

Don't worry about it. There are plenty of other players out there, for less money, with more to offer.

He had an average season.
Reply 186
Original post by lazy smurf
Don't worry about it. There are plenty of other players out there, for less money, with more to offer.

He had an average season.

Agree with what you said plus he wants champions league football so don't see him joining us.

I do like the idea of Downing joining
Reply 187
Just been reading up on the Giggs sage and apprently his wife has walked out on him and is going for half of everything.

If she's successful she'll have 6 more league medals than Steven Gerrard.
Original post by mau5
Just been reading up on the Giggs sage and apprently his wife has walked out on him and is going for half of everything.

If she's successful she'll have 6 more league medals than Steven Gerrard.

No idea why you got negged for that, it's funny, people need to lighten up. They'd be rolling around crying with laughter if it was the other way round.
Reply 189
Downing would suit our style of play, Young has had an average season and ironically he isn't so young anymore, 28 I believe? .. No point signing someone for a few seasons, I say get someone young, though with some creative ability and crossing. MATA xD
Reply 190
Just saw the Reds sign with Honda and got excited thinking we'd signed Keisuke Honda :frown: Had that hope shot down quickly ^^. This deal is great nontheless will hopefully bring some extra attention to the club
Reply 191
Original post by Stirlo
Just saw the Reds sign with Honda and got excited thinking we'd signed Keisuke Honda :frown: Had that hope shot down quickly ^^. This deal is great nontheless will hopefully bring some extra attention to the club

Damn XD ... do you think Honda would be any good in the prem though ? I mean, isn't he aldo a very similar player to that of Gerrard and Merieles ? Attacking minded, long shots etc
Reply 192
Original post by Raguman
Downing would suit our style of play, Young has had an average season and ironically he isn't so young anymore, 28 I believe? .. No point signing someone for a few seasons, I say get someone young, though with some creative ability and crossing. MATA xD

Young is 25 or 26 AFAIK. Downing is 27 or 28. You contradict yourself there :p:

But Mata talks are gathering pace...trying not to get too excited :biggrin:
That Honda deal is fantastic! No doubt we're getting some cash in return from this and it'll definitely boost their sales in Thailand as well!

Ian Ayre has done a tremendous job on the commercial side of things since he came in and he's still pulling it off now! Loving the way we have the right people in the right areas now - a football man in charge of the football business, Comolli, and a business man in charge of the business, Ayre.
Reply 194
I was in India over Easter and there are billboards all over Mumbai about Standard Chartered's partnership with us. Like they had Gerrard, Carra, Kuyt and Reina modelling the Home kit.

Ayre has done a great job promoting us all over the world!
LeBron in America
SC in India
Honda in South East Asia.

Yesterday's post-game of Lebron's basketball game!
Reply 195
Original post by Raguman
Damn XD ... do you think Honda would be any good in the prem though ? I mean, isn't he aldo a very similar player to that of Gerrard and Merieles ? Attacking minded, long shots etc

Possibly, I'm not sure how he'd handle the premier league tbh. You can never really tell until a player gets here. I think he's a very good player and would like to see him in the club, particularly due to the massive commercial value he'd bring to the club from the Asian market
Reply 196
Original post by kuks
Young is 25 or 26 AFAIK. Downing is 27 or 28. You contradict yourself there :p:

But Mata talks are gathering pace...trying not to get too excited :biggrin:

xD I should research into things before saying something like that, but yes Mata would certainly be an incredible signing !
subscribes
Reply 198
Original post by ChrisWilliams
That Honda deal is fantastic! No doubt we're getting some cash in return from this and it'll definitely boost their sales in Thailand as well!

Ian Ayre has done a tremendous job on the commercial side of things since he came in and he's still pulling it off now! Loving the way we have the right people in the right areas now - a football man in charge of the football business, Comolli, and a business man in charge of the business, Ayre.

I got excited there, though we actually signed Honda the player :tongue:
So excited for this transfer window!

Latest