The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Original post by lazy smurf
I'm bit peeved at our wonderful club.

For the past few seasons I've bought tickets on fancard/general sale and had no problem. But this year I decided to buy a membership card for £30 to get guaranteed tickets.

Tickets for between Aug and Jan went on sale today, just went to buy some, and apart from boxing day and new years eve (Blackburn/Newcastle) they are all sold out!!

This is bloody ridiculous, what a waste of £30, anyone got any suggestions?

There will probably be sales on just before each game, on late availability, keep looking around. There's a sale on Monday aswell. You should've tried to get in yesterday morning at 8.15, I managed to get Bolton, QPR, and Man City hopefully on Monday. Glad I'm sitting in the Kop. Did take 45 mins to get in though.

It is a bit of a joke though tbf. Not really the cleverest sales system, should hopefully change it back to normal next year.
(edited 12 years ago)
Fact of the day:

The 37,800 crowd at @LFC training today in Malaysia was greater than 18 of the 22 Everton home attendances last season
Reply 1982
Original post by ChrisWilliams
Fact of the day:

The 37,800 crowd at @LFC training today in Malaysia was greater than 18 of the 22 Everton home attendances last season

Haha good fact. I was in awe at how many had actually turned out to watch us train yesterday, was entry free or did people have to pay? I'm expecting a capacity crowd tomorrow for the actual game!
Signed sealed delivered, he's ours!

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/reds-seal-downing-deal

Downing signs.
Reply 1985
Signed sealed delivered, he's ours!

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/reds-seal-downing-deal

Downing signs.

Ninja'd!

Now we need an LB, maybe a back-up striker too. Hoping we don't stop there, we need to sell now I think.
Original post by mr tim
Ninja'd!

Now we need an LB, maybe a back-up striker too. Hoping we don't stop there, we need to sell now I think.

You beat me to it by seconds! :wink:

LB between now and 4 weeks and I'm happy tbh.
Reply 1987
Original post by mr tim
Ninja'd!

Need a LB, Winger, Back up striker & CB IMO. That's if we want to clearly challenge for the league indefinitely. LB is the most pressing issue though.
Original post by Pn94
Need a LB, Winger, Back up striker & CB IMO. That's if we want to clearly challenge for the league indefinitely. LB is the most pressing issue though.

We need a LB, back up striker in Kuyt/Ngog/Pacheco and CB's were fine for.

Plus if you read the Comolli interview on lfc.tv now, he pretty much says we're all but done for signings, so it looks like a LB will be the final incoming deal.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1989
Coady isn't a striker :s-smilie:
Original post by Mess.
Coady isn't a striker :s-smilie:

Aha, I knew that, I've had a few beers. I meant Pacheco, god knows where I got Coady from.
Reply 1991

Aha, I knew that, I've had a few beers. I meant Pacheco, god knows where I got Coady from.

Very strange thought process going on there!

I still can't see Pacheco ever making it at the top end in England if I am honest. I haven't seen anything from him that justifies his hype from others either.
Reply 1992
We need a LB, back up striker in Kuyt/Ngog/Coady and CB's were fine for.

Plus if you read the Comolli interview on lfc.tv now, he pretty much says we're all but done for signings, so it looks like a LB will be the final incoming deal.

I don't think we're fine at CB. Carra's getting on, Agger's quality but isn't reliable, Skrtel's inconsistent and is rubbish in the air as well as being rash in the tackle, Soto's got the turning circle of a truck and is slow, a liability, then we've got Wisdom & Wilson who won't break into the first team anytime soon. We have got Martin Kelly however, who I think could do an excellent job at CB, but he hasn't been tested there yet, so a proven CB to come into the first team would be good.

And since when the **** has Coady been a striker? :biggrin::s-smilie::biggrin: He's a CM. (Oh, I'll excuse you as you've been on the bevvies)
N'gog will also likely be sold, and we need 4 strikers, especially seeing as Kuyt will start a lot of games down the right probably.

Also, Comolli doesn't say that. What he says is that we've done 'most of what we wanted to do' and that we'll 'sit down and reassess the situation'. That means that there certainly is the possibility for a few more signings to me, but also that we've got our primary targets in.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1993
United Scum!:

Original post by Mess.

I still can't see Pacheco ever making it at the top end in England if I am honest. I haven't seen anything from him that justifies his hype from others either.

He's 3rd choice back up, so 5th choice overall.

Its not a great situation but it could be worse.

We can't be splashing out fortunes because of UEFA FFP rules, so 5 forwards in Suarez, Carroll, Kuyt, Ngog and Pacheco will have to do for this season. Could be worse :ahee:
Original post by Pn94
I don't think we're fine at CB. Carra's getting on, Agger's quality but isn't reliable, Skrtel's inconsistent and is rubbish in the air as well as being rash in the tackle, Soto's got the turning circle of a truck and is slow, a liability, then we've got Wisdom & Wilson who won't break into the first team anytime soon. We have got Martin Kelly however, who I think could do an excellent job at CB, but he hasn't been tested there yet, so a proven CB to come into the first team would be good.

And since when the **** has Coady been a striker? :biggrin::s-smilie::biggrin: He's a CM. (Oh, I'll excuse you as you've been on the bevvies)
N'gog will also likely be sold, and we need 4 strikers, especially seeing as Kuyt will start a lot of games down the right probably.

Also, Comolli doesn't say that. What he says is that we've done 'most of what we wanted to do' and that we'll 'sit down and reassess the situation'. That means that there certainly is the possibility for a few more signings to me, but also that we've got our primary targets in.

Actually he's a CB, whats your excuse? pahhhhh :biggrin:
Reply 1996
Original post by Mess.

He impressed at Norwich. He deserves a few appearances tbh. Probably in the Carling Cup this season.
Original post by jvasos
United Scum!:

What the **** did I just watch? Yes it was a dumb thing to wear, but that was just forcibly stripping off a randomer then booing him until he got had to leave a seat he (I assume) had paid for with no shirt on.

Not good.
Reply 1998
Actually he's a CB, whats your excuse? pahhhhh :biggrin:

He's a CM. He's played in both though. He also played in CM against Guangdong. CM is where he'll make it if he does, not CB. He plays in CM for England too.

From the F.A website:
'Comments. A good all-round midfield player who captained England U17s to Euro success in Liechtenstein in May 2010'
Original post by History-Student
What the **** did I just watch? Yes it was a dumb thing to wear, but that was just forcibly stripping off a randomer then booing him until he got had to leave a seat he (I assume) had paid for with no shirt on.

Not good.

It was a free seat, and its in Malaysia, so we can't exactly be held accountable for their actions :rolleyes:

Latest