The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 9217niall
I hope we get Bellamy, if he's free/on loan then it's a great bit of business. He's versatile so there's every reason to sign him.

On a side note, Daniel Ayala is out for a few months with a knee injury (ITV Anglia reporting this on Twitter).

Some reports saying City want Bellamy completely off their books so are willing to pay off his contract to release him (money is no object for them and they have no space for him in their 25 man squad).

Bad luck for Ayala but haven't we sold him now?
Raul Meireles will be missing for one to two weeks with an injury to his collar bone.

The Portuguese midfielder left the field during the first half of our 3-1 win over Exeter on Wednesday.

The prognosis comes as welcome news as it was initially feared Meireles would be absent for several weeks.

Kenny Dalglish told Liverpoolfc.tv: "It's his collar bone that is damaged, but it's only a week or two. We've been quite fortunate with that. A week or two will be the maximum."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/meireles-injury-update

Great news, means he should be back for Stoke me thinks.
Original post by Zerforax
Some reports saying City want Bellamy completely off their books so are willing to pay off his contract to release him (money is no object for them and they have no space for him in their 25 man squad).

Bad luck for Ayala but haven't we sold him now?

With regard to Bellamy it makes sense then, surely?

Yes we've sold Ayala but would still have been nice for him to do well, which I think he will.
Reply 3983
Coates has apparently arrived at Melwood. This has been a great transfer window :biggrin:
With regard to Bellamy it makes sense then, surely?

Yes we've sold Ayala but would still have been nice for him to do well, which I think he will.

If we bring in Bellamy and Coates I think I'll be chuffed with the transfer window. Obviously we'll continue to try and shift Cole, Poulsen, Degen and Ngog but whether we do or not isn't a huge issue (just costing us money in the short run in basic wages).

Pending those 2 transfers, I think we'll have a squad which has a lot of depth, a blend of age, experience and potential and balanced across the pitch with many players being flexible but having lots of different skills to offer.
Original post by Stirlo
Coates has apparently arrived at Melwood. This has been a great transfer window :biggrin:

Definitely! :biggrin:

Original post by Zerforax
If we bring in Bellamy and Coates I think I'll be chuffed with the transfer window. Obviously we'll continue to try and shift Cole, Poulsen, Degen and Ngog but whether we do or not isn't a huge issue (just costing us money in the short run in basic wages).

Pending those 2 transfers, I think we'll have a squad which has a lot of depth, a blend of age, experience and potential and balanced across the pitch with many players being flexible but having lots of different skills to offer.

Totally agree, we've a range of midfield options too.

Last I saw Degen was wanted by QPR, as was Cole and Harry stated he was interested (again) in Cole. N'gog almost certainly off to Bolton.

We've an adequate replacement for almost every position now, okay so we'll be light in the striking department but Kuyt/Bellamy can fill in if it's needed. Happy days reds fans! :smile:
Reply 3986
So what we think of the players in and out so far this summer transfer window? I guess only Henderson maybe so far the least best player that we've signed this season and Enrique the most [until Coates joins I think].

Out: Guess maybe most is Jovanvic as he wouldn't play and least could be Ayala as Rafa had faith on him.

Overall, its been a good transfer window for us, surely the best one for years.
Original post by mr tim
So what we think of the players in and out so far this summer transfer window? I guess only Henderson maybe so far the least best player that we've signed this season and Enrique the most [until Coates joins I think].

Out: Guess maybe most is Jovanvic as he wouldn't play and least could be Ayala as Rafa had faith on him.

For me our least impressive signing this summer is Adam, I don't think we really needed him, but time will tell. He just frustrates me as he's not that quick and loses the ball, but his set pieces will be an asset. As you say, Enrique looked solid.

As for those that have gone, I've been wanting Pacheco to have a chance for ages. Unfortunately I think it will be the last of him, as he's gone on loan with the option to buy (although has subsequently been re-loaned again).

Still, it's been a good summer overall. :colone:
Original post by mr tim

Well the last good transfer window we had was in the summer of 2007 when we signed Torres, Mascherano, Babel, Benayoun. Since then, we had 7 windows of having to sell to buy and it wasn't until Jan 11 when we were forced to make some big transfers (and wanted to buy Suarez).

While people may moan about us spending, realistically I look at it as making up for 3 summers of not being able to do much due to G&H.
Reply 3989
Any news on when Gerrard's back?
Anyone here heard of a guy called "DJphal" on RAWK who always gets the Liverpool lineups correct early
Original post by Deshi
Any news on when Gerrard's back?

Someone mentioned he could be fit for Bolton :s-smilie: I think we'll see him on the bench for Stoke? Ideally I'd like to see him start against Wolves so we can ease him in and on a high note.
Reply 3992
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/kenny-explains-aquilani-move

I guess its because Kenny couldn't think of where to fit him in then? Hm... guess he's gone perm at the end of the season.
Hope Bellemy come to pool. Really need his pace up top.

I vividly remember him tearing apart Utd's defence in that 4-3 loss. He was quality that season. Easily, and i mean EASILY, the quickest player in the prem in that season and scored some screamers from miles out. Last season he was playing amongst crap, average players that couldnt improve his performace.

He class and to get him on a free would be great. who gives a flying monkeys if he's on 90k a week. what difference will that really make when 80% of our team is prob on 50/60k awk+.
Reply 3994
Original post by Da_hopeful_1
Anyone here heard of a guy called "DJphal" on RAWK who always gets the Liverpool lineups correct early

Yep, but I don't know if theres anything special about his 'connections'. A lot of people get the line up text.

Dunno if hes ever called a transfer, but none of the 'ITK' called Coates...
Original post by L18
Yep, but I don't know if theres anything special about his 'connections'. A lot of people get the line up text.

Dunno if hes ever called a transfer, but none of the 'ITK' called Coates...

Cheers pal.

Was just asking for fantasy football related info. I imagine it would be too early anyway, as Liv-bolton is the late kick off
Reply 3996
Original post by Da_hopeful_1

He seems to be spot on quite a bit....
#ACMilan announce the arrival of Alberto #Aquilani on loan from Liverpool FC until 30 June 2014.

This is what their official twitter feed has said. Something they're not letting on, or just a mistake?
Reply 3998
This is what their official twitter feed has said. Something they're not letting on, or just a mistake?

apparently a similar thing was said in Italian a few tweets down...must be a way that they say the loans? (option to keep until 2014)
Reply 3999
This what it says on the official website:

AC Milanhave completed the signing of Alberto Aquilani on a loan deal with the option/obligation to buy at the end of the season. Aquilani has signed a contract until June 30th 2014.

http://www.acmilan.com/en/news/show/135666

Guess he's gone completely then?

Latest