The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kevmeister
For the love of God. :facepalm2:

Come on Kev, you know you like it :wink:
Reply 1381
I have never heard this 'Millie' thing before. I don't like it at all.
Original post by Mess.
I have never heard this 'Millie' thing before. I don't like it at all.

It just goes with putting 'our' in front of it, easier to say and type. 'Our Insua' or 'Our Emiliano' just doesn't have quite the same ring imo!
Reply 1383
It's a poor attempt to recreate the arby love.
Valencia sign Piatti

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=1649398.html

People say he plays very similar to Mata's style and is a left winger :awesome:
Reply 1385
Original post by Zerforax
Valencia sign Piatti

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=1649398.html

People say he plays very similar to Mata's style and is a left winger :awesome:

They also arranged a friendly with his old club :ninja:
Original post by L18
It's a poor attempt to recreate the arby love.

We still haven't replaced him yet. We still haven't found the player who'll always be the first to jump on top of his team mate after they've scored a goal, no matter how close to the goal he may have been!
Tbh the main reason I'm happy we've signed Adam so early in the window is not that the deal is done - I knew we would get the done sooner or later but more because now it means he'll have to do a pre-season with the Liverpool squad and the fitness team.

Bet they run him into the ground getting him fit :biggrin: He's going to regret signing for us! :p:
Original post by kuks
They also arranged a friendly with his old club :ninja:

If we do manage to pull it off, the expectation next season is going to be insane :colondollar:
Reply 1389
Original post by ChrisWilliams

We still haven't replaced him yet. We still haven't found the player who'll always be the first to jump on top of his team mate after they've scored a goal, no matter how close to the goal he may have been!

Still Blame Carragher for him leaving, for acting like a cock to him in the run in.

Loved arbeloa. IF only for the la bamba song so I could shout 'AND ARRRRRRBBBEEELLOOOAAAA'
Reply 1390
Strange how Spurs all of a sudden got out of Charlie Adam chase, even tough they almost captured in him Jan.

At least we are not losing out on signings, which is good.
Original post by L18
Still Blame Carragher for him leaving, for acting like a cock to him in the run in.

Loved arbeloa. IF only for the la bamba song so I could shout 'AND ARRRRRRBBBEEELLOOOAAAA'

Combination of Carragher/us signing Johnson/not getting him to sign an extension.
Original post by mr tim
Strange how Spurs all of a sudden got out of Charlie Adam chase, even tough they almost captured in him Jan.

At least we are not losing out on signings, which is good.

Busy trying to get signings like Rossi (which won't happen)/trying to hold onto Modric?
BBC and SSN saying Doni is close to signing too :biggrin:
Combination of Carragher/us signing Johnson/not getting him to sign an extension.

He wanted to go back to Spain anyway didn't he?

BBC and SSN saying Doni is close to signing too :biggrin:

Medical is booked for tomorrow apparently. People were worried we weren't signing players, guess who told them to be patient :wink:

Medical is booked for tomorrow apparently. People were worried we weren't signing players, guess who told them to be patient :wink:

Yea I think Arby wanted to go back. Shame we couldn't hold onto him but what can you do?

Wonder if the Doni signing means we're selling Jones? I understand Gulacsi is going to go out on loan?
Reply 1396

That's what I thought, but the interview he gave recently said differently. Depends what PR machine you believe.

Personally, I think he'd of stayed had we given him a contract earlier and Carragher wasn't a dickhead
Reply 1397
But where iz de Mata and de Aguerozz???? :angry:
People need to chill out. The club knows what it needs and knows how to get it.
Original post by L18
That's what I thought, but the interview he gave recently said differently. Depends what PR machine you believe.

Personally, I think he'd of stayed had we given him a contract earlier and Carragher wasn't a dickhead

Got a link to this interview? Don't think I've read it.
Reply 1399
Got a link to this interview? Don't think I've read it.

http://www.cleansheetsallround.co.uk/2011/04/real-madrid-star-admits-he-could-have-stayed-at-liverpool

Don't think its all over it.

And Incase anyone ever doubted just how awesome Arby is, he uses the same metaphors as Rafa..

At the same time, Liverpool paid £17m for Johnson. White and in a bottle, as we say. It was obvious.

Latest