The Student Room Group

Loans/Grants

Hi,

This is gonna sounds a silly question, I have my student fin all sorted and approved, i was with a 3 year full degree, and was told i would get nearly 7k in loans and grants for my first year.

I moved to a different course, a 2 year foundation course(different uni too). and now they are saying i will get just under 5k.

is this normal?
Moving from a London uni with a bursary to an outside London one without a bursary then maybe.
Reply 2
hmm, maybe, although both uni are not in london, (cambridge) and near northhampton, but maybe the same idea.
Reply 3
Original post by theyareseven
Hi,

This is gonna sounds a silly question, I have my student fin all sorted and approved, i was with a 3 year full degree, and was told i would get nearly 7k in loans and grants for my first year.

I moved to a different course, a 2 year foundation course(different uni too). and now they are saying i will get just under 5k.

is this normal?

Considered that it could be something to do with fees loan, if fees for foundation course are lower? If not, then nothing SHOULD have changed, and you need to give them a call and explain everything carefully.
Reply 4
surely it will depend on the price of your degree?

you're not doing a full 3 yr course now, so tuition fees would, theoretically, be cheaper and so your tuition fee loan would be smaller.
Reply 5
the course costs are the same, for both years, then a top up, i am talking about the grants/loans that are paid to me... just seems odd that is odd
Reply 6
Original post by theyareseven
the course costs are the same, for both years, then a top up, i am talking about the grants/loans that are paid to me... just seems odd that is odd

Oh well then it seems a mistake has probably been made give them a call. Maybe you didn't apply for the full amount, or forgot to tick the box saying you wanted bursaries as well as loans or something....? Though knowing student finance, much more likely to be something they've done! :rolleyes:
Reply 7
Would be easier for people to help if you actually listed each loan and grant, rather than just summing them all up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending