The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TornadoGR4
I heard Liverpool are eyeing up your boy Delph. I think on his day the lad is incredibly influential on the pitch, certainly one to keep hold of.

Unbelievable dithering from us. Obviously it's well past the point of him signing an extension so it's either get some money for him in January or let him leave for free in summer.

Probably be the latter, as we'll need him.

He seems like the sort of player Liverpool would sign. Delph said he wanted to repay the club for standing by him I don't know why if he wants to join a club challenging for the big trophies, why he can't sign a deal of say, another year or two years to get us some extra money from the transfer fee tbh.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Unbelievable dithering from us. Obviously it's well past the point of him signing an extension so it's either get some money for him in January or let him leave for free in summer.

Probably be the latter, as we'll need him.

He seems like the sort of player Liverpool would sign. Delph said he wanted to repay the club for standing by him I don't know why if he wants to join a club challenging for the big trophies, why he can't sign a deal of say, another year or two years to get us some extra money from the transfer fee tbh.

He may worry that a price tag on him would decrease interest from the bigger teams. Still, I'd say he's worth at least £10mil. Didn't he cost you £8mil from us?
Original post by TornadoGR4
He may worry that a price tag on him would decrease interest from the bigger teams. Still, I'd say he's worth at least £10mil. Didn't he cost you £8mil from us?

Yeah true, still though one more year, ain't gonna break the bank for the likes of Liverpool.

Yeah 8/9m I think.
Although Villa have been charged with failing to control their players. I think when a decision is clearly wrong (shown by the red being rescinded) there needs to be a bit of leniency.
Definitely, a certain amount of frustration is to be expected when you get stupid decisions like that. I'm not saying that Weimann wasn't wrong for touching the ref, but players have crowded and argued with refs this season far worse than our players did on Saturday. Different rules for different clubs. The FA wouldn't dare charge the likes of United for a similar offence.

They're directing blame elsewhere to distract people from the incompetence of one of their own. Nothing more to it.
What about the two points?
What about the two points?

Not won at home since 95, you really think we would have won?
Original post by little_wizard123
Not won at home since 95, you really think we would have won?

With 11 men yes.
With 11 men yes.

You have too much faith. On the baileys a day early?
Original post by little_wizard123
You have too much faith. On the baileys a day early?

We had the better chances even with ten men.

No reason to believe we couldn't have won with an extra man on the break. Imagine Gabby sprinting into the box to get on the end of Bacuna's cross. 2-1 Villa. Light work.
Team to face Swansea Guzan, Hutton, Vlaar (c), Okore, Clark, Cissokho, Delph, Cleverley, Sanchez, Agbonlahor, Benteke.
Subs: Given, Bacuna, Weimann, Herd, N'Zogbia, Lowton, Grealish.
Should have left Robinson on loan shane as he was playing well. Anyways come on villa
****ing hell so unlucky! What a goal though he is quality wished we bought sigurdson but he would have gone swansea anyway
(edited 9 years ago)
We need to wake up, they have been all over us from the start
Okore and Hutton looking a bit shaky and brad shouldn't have got beaten on that side
I wish we had a player like montero or Routledge in our current predicament. A good wide player is what we lack. The ball breaks down with aly as he isn't that fast
Surprised we didn't start with Bacuna or Grealish
Sticking some money on us to turn this around.
Very poor first half, mostly Swansea although Benteke did have a chance from a free kick. Seriously need to step it up if we want anything from this game.

Latest