The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rock Fan
Yeah just sounds like maybe a misunderstanding or miscommunication, we'll just have to see how this alll pans out.

The reports say that they are in the process of taking a controlling share in the other 4 companies I don't see the issue..... Yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Most people don't like seeing the traditional grounds renamed but to be honest "Lotus Villa Park" isn't that invasive of a change. It's not like calling it Lotus Arena or something.

Whatever the name, the priority should be to get the pricing structure and distribution channels right to fill it as much as possible IMO. It's hard to build a global brand when people tune in on tv and see empty seats everywhere because the gut reaction is "if people there don't care then why should we care thousands of miles away".

Villa Park's average attendance was 78% of capacity for 2015-16, that and Sunderland (86%) were the only 2 of the 20 PL grounds to fall below 90% over the season. Make it as cheap as reasonably possible, comp to schools and local unis, give larger away allocations where demand is there, etc ... then put on an exciting spectacle on the pitch and make fans feel valued and they'll start to pay to come every week. That's the hook.
Original post by IanDangerously
Most people don't like seeing the traditional grounds renamed but to be honest "Lotus Villa Park" isn't that invasive of a change. It's not like calling it Lotus Arena or something.

Whatever the name, the priority should be to get the pricing structure and distribution channels right to fill it as much as possible IMO. It's hard to build a global brand when people tune in on tv and see empty seats everywhere because the gut reaction is "if people there don't care then why should we care thousands of miles away".

Villa Park's average attendance was 78% of capacity for 2015-16, that and Sunderland (86%) were the only 2 of the 20 PL grounds to fall below 90% over the season. Make it as cheap as reasonably possible, comp to schools and local unis, give larger away allocations where demand is there, etc ... then put on an exciting spectacle on the pitch and make fans feel valued and they'll start to pay to come every week. That's the hook.

No I agree it isn't the end of the world and it will still have Villa Park in the name.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3602825/Saviour-dreamer-Sportsmail-talks-Aston-Villa-s-owner-waiting-Dr-Tony-Xia.html

pretty interesting read here. long term plans to get a football museum and theme park in aston/witton area to attract chinese and indian tourists. says aims to get the best chinese talent in the villa academy, either signed up or "exchange programmes".
I would say that can't be a bad things overall
Now the Villa Ladies are at it, blowing a 2.0 lead and ended up losing 4.2 to Yeovil.
BBC understands that David Moyes will not be taking the job.
Original post by Rock Fan
BBC understands that David Moyes will not be taking the job.

Pearson or Di Matteo then.

Jack Grealish has just had a very good game for the England u21s, two assists and two goals.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Pearson or Di Matteo then.

Jack Grealish has just had a very good game for the England u21s, two assists and two goals.

Just hope this is the re-birth of him and he starts tearing up the championship.
@Wilfred Little you asked me like a week ago to start a new thread, with 18 posts left you may as well do it now
Original post by sr90
@Wilfred Little you asked me like a week ago to start a new thread, with 18 posts left you may as well do it now

I already have m8. You may as well lock this one.
Original post by Wilfred Little
I already have m8. You may as well lock this one.

And so after 5 years, this thread can now be closed.

Latest