The Student Room Group

D1 ocr - 26th may 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by fhesketh

Original post by fhesketh
what do u think the grade boundaries will be?

6 marks for an A, 5 for a B, 4 for a C, 3 for a D, 2 for an E and 0-1 for a U. 100 UMS if you get 8/72 marks.
Reply 41
For all thoses people worried about the exam, here is a list of previous marks nedd (out of 72) for an A.... lowest is 47 and it is bound to be at least that - maybe lower 40 territory.....
Jan 2005 - 54
Jun 2005 - 49
Jan 2006 - 56
Jun 2006 - 61
Jan 2007 - 53
Jun 2007 - 62
Jan 2008 - 57
Jun 2008 - 53
Jan 2009 - 58
Jun 2009 - 57
Jan 2010 - 47
Jun 2010 - 51
Jan 2011 - 50

I thought the exam was crap too - I reckon droppin around 25-30ish marks will give an A :colondollar:
Reply 42

The exam was absolutely horrendous. I did every single exam paper, and all exercises from text book (Yes I'm sad!) and yet this exam was completely different. Last question....FML
Reply 43
Great... I withdrew my offer for biomedical science so that I could take a gap year and reapply for medicine...

But after that absolutely horrendous exam I'm never going to get that A in maths! I've never known a maths exam to be so hard! :frown:
Reply 44
That was ridiculous,

I must have dropped at least half marks, hopefully about 20% will be an A.
This is crazy. I needed an B and an E for AS FM and A2 Maths respectively. I decided to commit myself to D1 (because according to my teacher is much easier) instead of M2 but now I'm not sure I've even got a B in D1. So I now have 3 weeks to learn basically M2 from grade E standard up to B grade standard. So angry.
Reply 46
Has anyone got the lowdown on the 8 mark question? Because everyone I asked got 1.9 different from the answer.
Reply 47
8 mark question was a no no for me.
simplex one seemed easy compared to the last Q!
We all failed.
Go complain to OCR. Mention that Edexcel is easier than OCR too...

So... Who is up for the January exam?

Also, is it possible to teach myself another module and just dump my D1 grade in exchange for a different module?
Reply 49
Original post by Harry.C
Has anyone got the lowdown on the 8 mark question? Because everyone I asked got 1.9 different from the answer.

Same story here actually.

My Maths teachers say that OCR will be available for comment tomorrow as to whether the question really was incorrect.

Apparently if that is the case the standard procedure is to discount those 8 marks entirely and make it out of 64. Deep joy.
Reply 50
my teacher who is an examiner has seen the paper and says 42/43 out of 72 will be an A
Reply 51
one last point:

where the hell was bubble/shuttle sort or bin packing ??? :frown:
I hope Mr.M does some answers...it'll also be interesting to see what he makes of that eight marker.
Reply 53
I swear the eight marker had a typo.. I left it cos I couldn't get it but really wish I'd just written a wrong answer now :/ apart from that and the amount of ****ing time the simplex took up I think it was alright...
Original post by Purehakkai
That was so bad :frown: My friend who got 100 in C1 and 98 S1 in Jan told me she found the paper so hard and she didn't finish. :/

But atleast everyone is complaining :/ but seriously wtf why would they just change the exam style completely...

You see thats what gets me. Fair enough if there are harder questions. But it really wasn't following the standard D1 style that we were all prepping for. The whole last two questions was a completely different set up to what I was expecting.

Also no bubble or shuttle sort :/
Reply 55
Original post by rhyseffans
my teacher who is an examiner has seen the paper and says 42/43 out of 72 will be an A

are you sure about this? the lowest boundary has been 47/72. Then again the paper was one of the worst i've ever seen. if this is the right boundary i'll get an A (got around 47/48/ 72).

When do you reckon the garde boundaries will come out?
Reply 56
Original post by AmroTT
Same story here actually.

My Maths teachers say that OCR will be available for comment tomorrow as to whether the question really was incorrect.

Apparently if that is the case the standard procedure is to discount those 8 marks entirely and make it out of 64. Deep joy.

if this happened it would be great. do you maths teachers think it was incorrect (i'd never seen anything like it before)? will they say tomorrow whether it was right or not?
Reply 57
Last question was a nightmare! I didnt even understand it. Ran out of time so didnt even get to attempt it in the end. That empty space there in the 8 mark box will give me nightmares!

Needed an A in this, its looking extremely unlikely.
Reply 58
Original post by z4y.sjc
if this happened it would be great. do you maths teachers think it was incorrect (i'd never seen anything like it before)? will they say tomorrow whether it was right or not?

My Mathmos are reluctant to say it's actually wrong, they're saying they're 'still uncertain' about it.

And they're going to get in touch with OCR and ask. So yeah, I could get a yes/no answer tomorrow about whether or not the question was wrong :smile:
yep, absolutely awful. far worse than the D2 one about a week ago and I thought that was dreadful. probably dropped about 30 marks. what was the 8 mark question about again?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending