The Student Room Group

Law Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Original post by SillyMilly
Thatss fine!:smile: i loved it everything is on campus the halls are like five minute walks and there all next to each other theres a bank shop and doctors its very green aswell (which i love im not a city girl) and theres lots of sports facilities its clean and they are building even more accom for 2012 the halls were brilliant to the kitchen was hugee and each room is en suite with a big bed ive put it as my first choice :P

Great!
So everything is basically on campus and within an arms reach?:smile: Thanks for the information. Where else have you applied to?
yeah like everything so close thats kinda what i want from a uni sort of to be surrounded by students!
ive applied to
reading (incase you couldnt guess :P)
Sussex
Surrey
Portsmouth
UWE Bristol

where have you applied too?
Reply 1182
Got my first offer today! Conditional AAA from Leeds. So relieved/happy!!
Reply 1183
Original post by SillyMilly
yeah like everything so close thats kinda what i want from a uni sort of to be surrounded by students!
ive applied to
reading (incase you couldnt guess :P)
Sussex
Surrey
Portsmouth
UWE Bristol

where have you applied too?

If I do pick Reading, then my choices would be..

Reading
Sussex (Changed from Southampton, as apparently I qualify for the Progression Accord scheme)
UCL
Warwick
Queen Mary
Reply 1184
Original post by Thegoodleftundone

Original post by Thegoodleftundone
Nice one.

PS. to the person above who mentioned QMUL open day, I believe you are invited on an open day when you get an offer, it is simply that UCAS takes a bit of time to update. :smile:

really? WAHOOO :smile: doubt ill get a*aa though.....haha
Reply 1185
has anyone got an offer from an lnat uni yet-still waiitng on notts and manc
Original post by d_aan
If I do pick Reading, then my choices would be..

Reading
Sussex (Changed from Southampton, as apparently I qualify for the Progression Accord scheme)
UCL
Warwick
Queen Mary

What are you predicted?
Reply 1187
Original post by PKaurB
really? WAHOOO :smile: doubt ill get a*aa though.....haha

Wow congratulations. I want to apply to QM as well but I haven't handed in my application yet. Does that mean the majority of places are filled as the open day is this soon?
Reply 1188
Original post by d_aan

Original post by d_aan
Wow congratulations. I want to apply to QM as well but I haven't handed in my application yet. Does that mean the majority of places are filled as the open day is this soon?

im not sure tbh- i reckon they will hold more than one open day so don't worry!
Reply 1189
Original post by PKaurB
im not sure tbh- i reckon they will hold more than one open day so don't worry!

I guess(hope:tongue:) it's for successful candidates who sent their applications months ago:biggrin:
Reply 1190
Anybody applying to Leicester and Birmingham?
Original post by Ajayta

Yes to both :smile: I got an AAA offer from Leicester a few weeks ago.
Reply 1192
Original post by Ray of Light
Yes to both :smile: I got an AAA offer from Leicester a few weeks ago.

Oh wow CONGRATULATIONS ! I'm so jealous! My Ucas was sent off today fingers crossed I get an offer too! What are your predicted grades? ( if you don't mind me asking so)
Original post by Ajayta

Brum is my first choice! LNAT is required, hence I don't think people have got offers yet.
Original post by Ajayta
Oh wow CONGRATULATIONS ! I'm so jealous! My Ucas was sent off today fingers crossed I get an offer too! What are your predicted grades? ( if you don't mind me asking so)

Thanks! :smile:

Mine were A*A*A*.
Reply 1195
Original post by silverspoonmess
All of your LNAT ones are pretty competitive unis and don't really leave you with a backup. If there is an LNAT university that you want to go to, definitely sit the LNAT, its worth the chance that you'll do well, and the test is MEANT to be really hard - no one does well really by conventional measures, the way to do well is compared to other people (50% is a very respectable mark so that gives you some idea how hard it is - so don't worry that the questions you've looked at seem difficult - they are.)

I would suggest applying to a mix of LNAT and non LNAT unis, with no more than 2 or maximum 3 LNAT unis. Of the ones you've mentioned, Warwick, LSE, and QMUL are all top choices that dont require the LNAT so its adviseable to apply to one of them. If you mess it up you still have an option of a top uni.

And then some back up unis.
Again from your list, my suggestion would be Exeter, and then either Cardiff or Reading, as I would say Exeter > Reading > Cardiff.

If you are choosing between Exeter and Reading I would say definitely Exeter... though that is my personal opinion. I think Exeter is lovely and a better university, and don't think very much of Reading. I live within half an hour of Reading and until looking into Uni's never even knew it had a university, it just doesn't have a great student feel about the place if you ask me, and isnt the prettiest. But thats reading the town, i never looked at the uni, and it depends on your preferences.

As for choosing LNAT universities, I would say just pick the ones you like the most!
From those you've mentioned, UCL would require the highest score followed by KCL followed by Notts followed by Manchester. I'm not sure what these universities policies are with regards to the essay section.

Hi Silver!
I've been thinking about it and I think I'm most probably going without LNAT. The centre is very far away from home and the LNAT universities I chose are quite competitive I agree. So I might just stick to:

Queen Mary
Warwick
Exeter
Reading
(I heard Cardiff isn't so good - are there any other universities? Are Leeds or Leicester or Kent better?)

Thank you for your reply! :biggrin:
Reply 1196
How are you finding it at Lancaster? Despite the fact that it's clearly... hard work, lol.
for anyone who has applied for Reading, I just received an offer of AAB! So anyone else should start getting offers soon I assume!
Original post by krussel
for anyone who has applied for Reading, I just received an offer of AAB! So anyone else should start getting offers soon I assume!

Well done. I've applied there, just waiting on my references now. :smile:
Original post by michiiru

Original post by michiiru
Hi Silver!
I've been thinking about it and I think I'm most probably going without LNAT. The centre is very far away from home and the LNAT universities I chose are quite competitive I agree. So I might just stick to:

Queen Mary
Warwick
Exeter
Reading
(I heard Cardiff isn't so good - are there any other universities? Are Leeds or Leicester or Kent better?)

Thank you for your reply! :biggrin:

Fair enough then. Leeds is really nice and a good university, I don't think Kent is all that great for Law but thats just going on what I was told by my careers advisor, and she has a quite old fashioned mindset when it comes to these things, so that could be wrong :smile:
I would say Leeds > Leicester > Kent - but when it comes to choosing your back up/final choice I would suggest just picking somewhere that you would be happy :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending