The Student Room Group

Camp america 2012 ???????????

hey guys.. basically was wondering if anyone has been considering applying to do camp america in 2012 or doing it this summer??

if u have any advice... or how it went let me know pleaseeeee:smile:

thanksssssss xx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Kenza's
hey guys.. basically was wondering if anyone has been considering applying to do camp america in 2012 or doing it this summer??

if u have any advice... or how it went let me know pleaseeeee:smile:

thanksssssss xx

Leaving for my second summer next week :smile:
BUNAC is better to go with IMO, its a charity so takes less of a cut in the fee's etc.
Good luck and hopefully you get placed somewhere!
Reply 2

how did your first summer go? x
Reply 3
Original post by Kenza's

how did your first summer go? x

No problem, it was awesome! Really good experience :smile:
Reply 4
wow, i've wanted to do this for ages but next summer's going to be the first time i'm free over the right period (no more pesky A levels :tongue: )

BUNAC does look like the best to me :smile:
Reply 5
yeah im thinking of doing it just before university next year!

same ive heard alot about it.. now im 18 i can finally do it :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by Kobie
wow, i've wanted to do this for ages but next summer's going to be the first time i'm free over the right period (no more pesky A levels :tongue: )

BUNAC does look like the best to me :smile:

Cheers Kobie, our Summer Camp USA 2012 programme will be opening in Sept 2011 so if you're interested in applying and have experience of working with kids in a leadership capacity (and/or teaching kids a particular activity), please apply as early as you can as earlier applications have a great chance of placement! www.bunac.org.uk/summercampusa

Original post by jimber
Leaving for my second summer next week :smile:
BUNAC is better to go with IMO, its a charity so takes less of a cut in the fee's etc.
Good luck and hopefully you get placed somewhere!

Have an awesome summer at camp! :smile:
I think I'll be doing this. The only thing holding me back is that I'd miss the rescheduled blink 182 tour haha ! But I'm pretty sure I will go to do this. I've been looking at mainly Americamp so far, though I have a friend who's going with Camp America so I'll have to check with him how it was when he gets back.
Reply 8
Original post by BUNAC
Cheers Kobie, our Summer Camp USA 2012 programme will be opening in Sept 2011 so if you're interested in applying and have experience of working with kids in a leadership capacity (and/or teaching kids a particular activity), please apply as early as you can as earlier applications have a great chance of placement! www.bunac.org.uk/summercampusa

Have an awesome summer at camp! :smile:

for summer camp bunac are flights included in the costs, as this is a major factor if i be able to afford it or not next year :/
Reply 9
Original post by Foster88
for summer camp bunac are flights included in the costs, as this is a major factor if i be able to afford it or not next year :/

Absolutely! Flights are included for all Summer Camp USA applicants with BUNAC.
The programme is now closed for summer 2011 but will reopen this Sept for summer 2012 www.bunac.org.uk/uk/summercampusa
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by BUNAC
Absolutely! Flights are included for all Summer Camp USA applicants with BUNAC.
The programme is now closed for summer 2011 but will reopen this Sept for summer 2012 www.bunac.org.uk/uk/summercampusa

how long do the programmes run for?
also since i have a sailing qualification would this be put to use in any way/advantage me? or is it negligible?
Reply 11
Original post by runningfromlions
I think I'll be doing this. The only thing holding me back is that I'd miss the rescheduled blink 182 tour haha ! But I'm pretty sure I will go to do this. I've been looking at mainly Americamp so far, though I have a friend who's going with Camp America so I'll have to check with him how it was when he gets back.

lol gutted camp america you can start applying in august, i when on youtube and i think you have to make a video or something basically talking about urself there are only couple minutes long! yeah let me know if he said it was any good!
really want to do it.. it does look like a great experience and something different!!:smile:
Reply 12
Original post by toofaforu
how long do the programmes run for?
also since i have a sailing qualification would this be put to use in any way/advantage me? or is it negligible?

Well as it's summer camp, the programme runs for the duration of the summer, usually from June until late August,
(tip: the earlier you can travel to the USA, the more camps we can send your application to, giving you a better chance of being placed at camp)

Having a sailing qualification is awesome and will definitely help with your qualification since sailing is an in-demand activity that not many people have experience of.
However, having a qualification is not enough on its own, you'll also need experience of teaching the activity and experience of working with kids in a leadership capacity. For more info about Summer Camp USA, please call 02072510662 or visit www.bunac.org.uk/summercampusa
Applications for Summer camp 2012 open this Sept, get your application in as early as you can to boost your chances of placement!
Work will set you free!
hi everyone im hoping to go camp america and will be applying in august but have soooo many questions can anyone who's been camp america before or anyone who knows help me please? Questions from how much spening money will i need to do i tr5avel to america by myself and do i get picked up m an american airport and taken to camp??? Thank you
Reply 15
Original post by Kenza's
yeah im thinking of doing it just before university next year!

same ive heard alot about it.. now im 18 i can finally do it :biggrin:

mee too, finally 18 !! il hve to go nxt summer (2012) ..but it sounds soo good ! ..one of my teachers went and she said it was a good experience which changed her career path.

:smile:
Reply 16
I have been looking into doing Camp America!
Or BUNAC but I have no idea which one!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by iturhs
mee too, finally 18 !! il hve to go nxt summer (2012) ..but it sounds soo good ! ..one of my teachers went and she said it was a good experience which changed her career path.

yeah let me know how u get on applying in august, the quicker u apply the faster u will be placed in a camp! oh really? what was her career path?

Reply 18
Original post by Lana_07
I have been looking into doing Camp America!
Or BUNAC but I have no idea which one!

go on the websites... and youtube it...
ive found out loads of information about it by doing thisss :smile:
hope that helps
Reply 19
Original post by Kenza's
go on the websites... and youtube it...
ive found out loads of information about it by doing thisss :smile:
hope that helps

I have done, I think I might apply for it next year as I will get better references and get more experience on a sport :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest