The Student Room Group

What Book Are You Reading Now? Mk II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Annora
Nearly finished The Hobbit. I hadn't read it since I was about 11.

Next up is The Count of Monte Cristo!

There's a new US show called "Revenge" that has recently started (think it's on Episode 4, maybe) which is apparently based off The Count of Monte Cristo! I didn't have any idea that was even vaguely what The Count of Monte Cristo was about until then xD
Maus and Heavy Weather.
Reply 982
A Storm of Swords, from the Song of Ice and Fire Series - or better known as Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
Hii there im fatima , turning 16 im reading the peom vultures & and he two scavengers in english gcse class. im wondering if you can give me some advice on how i should go and write about this and the comparison to these two peoms and how it presents people . i have done a rough draft and would like to show you first then you can see where i've gone wrong in my pee (point , evdience , explain ) thanks xx:smile:
Reply 984
Shadowland - Alyson Noel
The Brothers Karamazov
Original post by xAlice
Shadowland - Alyson Noel

i have read this and the others in the series
it's not bad
the series gets a bit frustrating but it's good
Original post by fatima yusuf
Hii there im fatima , turning 16 im reading the peom vultures & and he two scavengers in english gcse class. im wondering if you can give me some advice on how i should go and write about this and the comparison to these two peoms and how it presents people . i have done a rough draft and would like to show you first then you can see where i've gone wrong in my pee (point , evdience , explain ) thanks xx:smile:

lol i remember when i first was introduced to P.E.E in year 8
man it was so funny then, thinking about it,
it still is sometimes :biggrin:

sorry am rubbish at English
Reply 988
Hater by David Moody.

Just been reading this for a day, but I've nearly read half of it. It's quite a short story and easy to understand. Simple story but definitely waiting for the twist.
It's basically about how people are suddenly (and randomly) killing off people for no apparent (yet) reason.
Just finished 'The Patience Stone'. I really enjoyed it at the beginning... the end just seemed like a cop out though! And I felt like her confessions were a bit too extreme! Oh well... always a lot easier to talk about a book you have criticism about... so that should make the seminar easier!

Off to start 'Man's Fate' now! Or watch something... it IS 11pm xD
Original post by Arcanine
The Brothers Karamazov

Good choice!

I got 1Q84 in the post today. I should probably save it until after my exam next week, but I really want to start it now.
Reply 991
A Child Called It :'(
Reply 992
Original post by chocoholicmanic
i have read this and the others in the series
it's not bad
the series gets a bit frustrating but it's good

I think I'll probably agree with you once I've read them all. I really liked the first one so bought the rest but definitely still prefer the first one at the moment. :smile:
heroes of olympus: son of neptune by rick riordan

i loved the percy jackson series and i love how this is like a follow on series to it.
i am such a child :colone:
Dolores Claiborne by Stephen King, only a few pages into it but I'm liking it so far.
Reply 995
The Elegant Universe - Brian Greene , pretty interesting so far. As an aside, my brother recently came home from uni and decided to borrow half my books >.> but it does give me an excuse to shop for more books on amazon, which is possible the funnest thing ever :biggrin:
Original post by Annora
Nearly finished The Hobbit. I hadn't read it since I was about 11.

Next up is The Count of Monte Cristo!

I'm reading CoMC too!

And 'Wildwood: A Journey Through Trees' as my current non fiction.
Reply 997
A Sense of Ending by Julian Barnes. :pierre:
Reply 998
now wait for last year by Philip K. Dick

amazing science fiction writer, hoping one day to have all his stuff
Reply 999
Original post by simonbrew
now wait for last year by Philip K. Dick

amazing science fiction writer, hoping one day to have all his stuff

Still yet to read something by him. :frown:

EDIT: Also - just noticed - welcome to TSR! :tsr:
(edited 12 years ago)