The Student Room Group

The Magnificently Revamped Superduper Shiny Revision Thread 2011/12

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lakhvir.Singh
Hoping to get ABB. What grades do you need and which uni? :smile:

I MUST finish my user manual this morning :angry:

AAA for Edinburgh! :cool:

You finished your user manual didn't you?
Reply 4501
Original post by Whatever9999
Trying too :frown: thanks anyway .

It's very personal .

Is there anyone close who you could talk to? Like a family member/close friend? Whatever has happened, I hope you can get through it. :hugs:
Original post by Schicksal
I wasnt trying to personally critique your techniques, but in my experience posters (especially with Mathematics, a subject that requires repetition and, almost, incessant practice) are pretty useless.

Whatever works the best for you. Good luck :biggrin:

To be perfectly honest, thats exactly how your post came across. Another of your posts on ghis thread has also been unnecessarily confrontational.

Good luck with your revision.
- Make reference pages for all sections of my psychology notes
- Read After a Guilty Verdict notes
- Read Healthy Living notes
- Read Stress notes
- Read Dysfunctional Behaviour notes
- Read Disorders (Schizophrenia) notes
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by acedlol
GEOG3

I shall now attempt to do a complete whole topic (Plate Tectonics and Associated Hazards) before I go to bed. (1/3 of exam).

Kids, don't try this at home.

How did this go? I hate this unit, really really hate it - have you got any decent notes for it at all?

Today I have done a C3 paper. Having a bad reaction to antibiotics, so only want to get some economics done today.
I really, really need to start my EPQ presentation too! :eek:
Original post by Angury
Is there anyone close who you could talk to? Like a family member/close friend? Whatever has happened, I hope you can get through it. :hugs:

aww you are such a sweetheart !i'm feeling better today ,started revising ,hope i can keep up with the work .Fingers crossed
Yeah my family are supporting me ,but they know its a very sensitive subject to me ,so they don't bring it up unless i start .
Thanks again .:redface:
Reply 4506
Today:
Murder in the Cathedral introduction - Done!
Competition and Competition Policy notes - Done! All Economics notes complete! :biggrin:
(Skim) read Murder in the Cathedral and list quotes (or at least start to :\) - It's sitting beside me... So much effort...
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ninegrandstudent
How did this go? I hate this unit, really really hate it - have you got any decent notes for it at all?

Today I have done a C3 paper. Having a bad reaction to antibiotics, so only want to get some economics done today.

Sorry about your friends
Today
F.Maths:
Game Theory

Won't be doing much this weekend, as the golf is on :biggrin:
Original post by 1platinum
AAA for Edinburgh! :cool:

You finished your user manual didn't you?

Oh wow, good luck! :biggrin: Yes, I did thanks :smile:
I've realised that I've been doing project work all day every day since last Friday lol :/ So I'm going to do some other revision so I can take my mind off things :smile:

Business Unit 1:
- Enterprise
- Generating and Protecting Business ideas
- Transforming Resources into Goods and Services
(edited 12 years ago)

I failed terribly. I really hate it as well. When I'm done my notes should be pretty amazing. However I doubt if I will get them done :biggrin:DD
Original post by Lakhvir.Singh
Oh wow, good luck! :biggrin: Yes, I did thanks :smile:
I've realised that I've been doing project work all day every day since last Friday lol :/ So I'm going to do some other revision so I can take my mind off things :smile:

Business Unit 1:
- Enterprise
- Generating and Protecting Business ideas
- Transforming Resources into Goods and Services

Thanks, I'll need all the luck I can get! Yes that's a good idea; when I get tired of revising one unit, rather than giving up I try to switch it to another unit so I am still being productive.
Original post by acedlol
I failed terribly. I really hate it as well. When I'm done my notes should be pretty amazing. However I doubt if I will get them done :biggrin:DD

It is awful. I have literally very few notes, plus I've gone from getting very high As/A*s in other geography units to Ds as I simply can't structure, and I keep forgetting to source!
It is awful. I have literally very few notes, plus I've gone from getting very high As/A*s in other geography units to Ds as I simply can't structure, and I keep forgetting to source!

Are you doing AQA Maths?
Original post by 1platinum
Are you doing AQA Maths?

Edexcel :smile:
Today Review Probability,Discrete random variables and Normal Distribution (S1)
Do S1 paper
Read BIOL2 notes on Cells and Organisms, Exchange
Do Biol2 paper
EMPA BIO + Chem revision (Do a paper for each)
Do mind map on Alkenes + do questions

Hopefully Today will do:
Chem2 paper
Finish Normal distribution + Do S1 paper
EMPA BIO + Chem revision (Do a paper for each)
Revision for Biol1 +do biol1 paper
C2 paper
C1 paper
If time:
Stress revision (Psych)

Will do more C1+C2 revision tomorrow and psych! :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4516
Original post by Whatever9999
aww you are such a sweetheart !i'm feeling better today ,started revising ,hope i can keep up with the work .Fingers crossed
Yeah my family are supporting me ,but they know its a very sensitive subject to me ,so they don't bring it up unless i start .
Thanks again .:redface:

Glad to hear you're feeling better. I've been having a pretty hard time myself with something personal, but I've found concentrating on my studies and keeping focused on the grades I need to achieve is a nice way to distract myself. Good to hear that you've got your families support though, good luck with your studies. :smile:

Managed to read over everything I need to learn for Chemistry. Just need to do the last few questions, then I'm going to start doing past papers.
Original post by Angury
Glad to hear you're feeling better. I've been having a pretty hard time myself with something personal, but I've found concentrating on my studies and keeping focused on the grades I need to achieve is a nice way to distract myself. Good to hear that you've got your families support though, good luck with your studies. :smile:

Managed to read over everything I need to learn for Chemistry. Just need to do the last few questions, then I'm going to start doing past papers.

We can get through the hard times :smile: because we are strong !:tongue:

yeah true ,i was about to start crying last night then i decided to open my c4 book and concentrate on my maths rather than my problem ,and i managed to do work .

So what's your plan for today ?
me ,cover integration ,and do all the exercises.
Finish redox equilibria and do the examination style questions at the end.
Do bio 4 specimen paper and mark it .

Will try and do all of these before 6 pm then will come back and tell you how it went .
Lets keep motivating each other :smile:

xxx
Today:
Review chemistry of life
Read over biotechnology
Read over human resources management
And if I have time:
Economics essay questions

Hopefully do the rest tomorrow.
(edited 12 years ago)
Finished 1 C3 paper and added a bit to my EPQ presentation.

I want to continue revising the macro part of economics - just notes on monetary and supply side policies to do, then evaluative points. Then I can finally begin past papers, before going on to micro (just one unit to take here thankfully).

Quick Reply

Latest