The Student Room Group

Can I get an conditional offer?

Hi

I am from Pakistan and I'm appearing for my full A levels through CIE board in the October/November session 2011 for Physics, Maths and a third subject I'm not sure of... :P

I had BCCCDD in GCE O levels... not very impressive I know. :P
So I'm also repeating my O levels Maths (in which I had a D and I hope to bring it upto A or B).

I want to apply for the International Foundation Course (starting in January 2012) in the following universities:

1) Lancaster University
2) University of Surrey
3) University of Leicester
4) University of Manchester
5) University College London

I want to apply for foundation course because I know I can't get the required grades to enter these universities (no arguments about this pls!). :/

So do you think the above mentioned universities may give me a conditional offer?
Most of them only require 80 UCAS points, which I'm sure I'll be able to get easily!
the course would be starting in January and my result would also come in late January... :s-smilie:

Thanks a lot!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Abbasi

Original post by Abbasi
So do you think the above mentioned universities may give me a conditional offer?
Most of them only require 80 UCAS points, which I'm sure I'll be able to get easily!
the course would be starting in January and my result would also come in late January... :s-smilie:

If the course starts before your results would come out, then you will not be able to start the course. There will be a date that you have to have met the terms of the offer by, so unless you can get 80 UCAS points from elsewhere I do not think you would be eligible for a January start date if your exam results were not released until the end of that month. Have you considered a September 2012 start date instead?
Reply 2
Yes I can always apply for the September intake but I really wanted to get in to January course...
Thanks for the helpful reply! :smile:

Does anyone else have any thought about this?
Reply 3
Original post by Abbasi
Yes I can always apply for the September intake but I really wanted to get in to January course...
Thanks for the helpful reply! :smile:

Does anyone else have any thought about this?
Well it seems that you can't, unless you bring forward your exams and will have the results of same back in time.

Not sure that there's anything else to add, really.
Reply 4
Bump!

Sorry but I'd like to ask one more thing.
As you know that my result would come late (after the course starts), I was wondering if I appear for SAT and then apply for January 2012 intake? is SAT acceptable in UK? :/

Thanks. :smile:
Original post by Abbasi

Original post by Abbasi
Bump!

Sorry but I'd like to ask one more thing.
As you know that my result would come late (after the course starts), I was wondering if I appear for SAT and then apply for January 2012 intake? is SAT acceptable in UK? :/

Thanks. :smile:

SAT is primarily for entrance to American universities. British universities will want the results from your A level exams given you're doing them and as we've already said, you will not get them early enough to start in January 2012.
You cannot start in january

ok?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending