The Student Room Group

Edexcel Linear Higher Non-Calc June 2011 Model answers on the actual paper (1st post)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by saralovesyou
with 2a, didnt you have to describe the relationship, not correlation? i put the more pages there were, the longer it took to read

either is fine
Reply 61
Original post by examgirl
i got h=2x as well i think that is right because the formula for the hemisphere was 2/3 pi r^3? and that dumb density question i did one silly mistake! for the gradient i got -1/2 for the last question was easy... cant remember what i wrote!

It was asking for the surface area. The formula above is the volume.
Reply 62
Original post by examgirl
for the make k the subject i got:
tk-2t=k
-2t=k-tk
-2t=k-tk
-2t=k(-t+1)
k=-2t/-t+1

That's fine. You can simplify it to 2t/t-1 by multiplying top and bottom by -1 but your answer will get full marks.
i (generously) calculated i got 85 marks on this paper, how many would you say i need in calc to get a*?
Reply 64
I've counted up and I think I got somewhere in the region of 82-89 marks (82 being really harsh)... does anybody know if this will be an a* as I'm hoping the grade boundaries are low on this one!!
Reply 65
Original post by saralovesyou
i (generously) calculated i got 85 marks on this paper, how many would you say i need in calc to get a*?

I would say 85 is more than enough for the *. Just concentrate on Friday and try not to make any silly mistakes and you should be fine. another 80-85 should do it.

Good luck!
Reply 66
Original post by Taliahart
I've counted up and I think I got somewhere in the region of 82-89 marks (82 being really harsh)... does anybody know if this will be an a* as I'm hoping the grade boundaries are low on this one!!

I would say 80 would be enough but we'll have to wait and see!
Reply 67
Original post by Gibbo81
I would say 80 would be enough but we'll have to wait and see!

Reply 68
So he thinks, the grade boundary for an A* could be around 80%?
Reply 69
I agree with Gibbo, I would be surprised if it was over 80 for an A* on this paper.
Original post by Arsey
I agree with Gibbo, I would be surprised if it was over 80 for an A* on this paper.

Arsey, are you by any chance going to scan the calc paper on Friday as well? Thanks.
Reply 71
Damn I think im gonna get 62 hope the grade boundaries are lowered
Reply 72
yeah no probs
Reply 73
Original post by test_drive
Nice :smile: Think I got 97!!!
Dropped one on the transformations by doing it going Q onto P
Another on the prism, because i didn't realise the length was in metres
And one on the one with the cone and the hemisphere because I wrote SQRT(3x^2) and didn't simplify it to x(SQRT(3)

Stupid, stupid mistakes...never mind though

Hey, I'm glad you did well. But don't come on a thread full of people hating how badly they did and complain that you made a few silly mistakes and didn't get 100% even though you have secured an A*.
Reply 74
Yaaay, thought the paper went really bad but now looking at this i think i got 68 plus around 3/4 marks for working out on some of the harder questions!!!

Is this enough for an A? And if so how much would I need on the Calculator paper???
Reply 75
Scrap that, new one works fine!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 76
Do you have the Unit 3 copy? All the questions featured I have done terribly on :frown:
if we do bad, can we retake in november?
Reply 78
^If you are in Yr10 yes, if you are on study leave, it may take up a college option.
I honestly think I've failed.
Original post by ginister
^If you are in Yr10 yes, if you are on study leave, it may take up a college option.
I honestly think I've failed.

samee :s im year 11, next year doing a levels but one is maths, so it wouldnt take up much time cause id already be studying it and may just have to do a bit more revision

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending