The Student Room Group

AQA ict gcse

Hii
the exams on the 16th of june :redface:
hows revision going??

btw I got As for the cwk and the project,
78 for the cwk
and 68 for the project

i know the cwk + project are 60% so what kind of mark do I need in the exam to get an A*, is it possible to even get one?
Reply 1
I've got an A* in all parts of the coursework and the project yet i still need 75%+ to get an A*!!! Someone else in my class has got A in the coursework overall yet he needs exactly 100% to get an A*! 99% and he gets an A :s-smilie: I'd say you have a chance but you probabley need to be getting 90%+ to stand a chance. :smile:

That's the thing with AQA I.C.T! The papers are very easy, so much so you don't really need to learn much BUT the grade boundraies are VERY hight. Compare it to maths. For a C in maths you need about 30%! For I.C.T you need 60% in the exam!

Same story with the coursework really. Once you've done task 1 it's very easy just very long and time consuming to make sure you get every little mark to hit the top grade boundraies!
Reply 2
Original post by wastry
I've got an A* in all parts of the coursework and the project yet i still need 75%+ to get an A*!!! Someone else in my class has got A in the coursework overall yet he needs exactly 100% to get an A*! 99% and he gets an A :s-smilie: I'd say you have a chance but you probabley need to be getting 90%+ to stand a chance. :smile:

That's the thing with AQA I.C.T! The papers are very easy, so much so you don't really need to learn much BUT the grade boundraies are VERY hight. Compare it to maths. For a C in maths you need about 30%! For I.C.T you need 60% in the exam!

Same story with the coursework really. Once you've done task 1 it's very easy just very long and time consuming to make sure you get every little mark to hit the top grade boundraies!

okay thanks :smile: yeah the papers are pretty easy and I found out last year you needed 226/280 rawmarks overall to get an A*
and i got 68+78=146 so i need 80 more and the test is out of 80 so thats 100% for me too lol... not gonna happen :|
anyway good luck for the exam!
Reply 3
How did everyone find the ICT paper today?
Reply 4
Original post by dxbgirl
How did everyone find the ICT paper today?

i thought it was easy apart from like the what if question... what did you get about the reptile thhing and how long the temperature should be checked?
Original post by itsmehello
i thought it was easy apart from like the what if question... what did you get about the reptile thhing and how long the temperature should be checked?

I debated over that one for about 5 minutes :s-smilie: Couldn't decide between 5 minutes and 6 hours. I remembered a past paper we did that had a central heating question, the answer was 1 hour. Extremely unhelpful! 5 minutes seemed too short but 6 hours way too long! Went with 6 hours in the end :confused:
Reply 6
Original post by hrbrox
I debated over that one for about 5 minutes :s-smilie: Couldn't decide between 5 minutes and 6 hours. I remembered a past paper we did that had a central heating question, the answer was 1 hour. Extremely unhelpful! 5 minutes seemed too short but 6 hours way too long! Went with 6 hours in the end :confused:

Yeah now come to think of it I wish I'd chosen 6 hours most people thought that's as the best answer anyway. But I did that question on a past paper too and I thought as it was a reptile house cos it was 23-27 I assumed going above or below wouldn't be good for them lol so 6 hours seemed way too much... Ahh well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending