The Student Room Group

GCSE Students - What subjects will you take for A-Levels?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ~carly~
Wow cambridge, good luck :smile: its a lovely place, i tried to get into another university there :smile: (not quite good enough for cambridge myself!!)

Im originally from a small village with no shops, so being in Nottingham and right in the city centre is completely different, i do like having shops nearby and the university is right opposite my accommodation so thats good :smile:

By the way when you do your a levels make sure they know you want to apply to cambridge as i believe you may have to apply earlier!

As far as I'm aware you apply for Cambridge at the same time, but the deadline is sooner, in October. Never heard anything about actually having to apply earlier.
Reply 781
History, English Literature, Politics and French (for AS) - excited for the subjects, but slightly worried about the workload, considering the fact that they are all essay-ish subjects..
Original post by soindie
History, English Literature, Politics and French (for AS) - excited for the subjects, but slightly worried about the workload, considering the fact that they are all essay-ish subjects..

Those are the exact subjects I take! The workload is alot but if you organise your work effectively then it doesn't seem so difficult.
Reply 783
Original post by pink pineapple
Those are the exact subjects I take! The workload is alot but if you organise your work effectively then it doesn't seem so difficult.

I'm considering changing French because I feel as though it will be a lot of effort!!
Reply 784
History
Biology
Chemistry
Economics

I am a bit worried about Chemistry, heard it is pretty hardcore:afraid:
Original post by soindie
I'm considering changing French because I feel as though it will be a lot of effort!!

French is alot of work, you need a proper grasp of grammar that you really need at GCSE in order to succed. Although i've found it worthwhile and I'm glad I took it :smile:
I've applied for Chemistry, Biology, English Literature and History.
Reply 787
Original post by MangoFreak
As far as I'm aware you apply for Cambridge at the same time, but the deadline is sooner, in October. Never heard anything about actually having to apply earlier.

I would definitely make sure as someone was thinking about it at my college and the tutors said they should have said sooner, might be different at different places, but if you have your heart set on it, be sure :biggrin:
Original post by ~carly~
I would definitely make sure as someone was thinking about it at my college and the tutors said they should have said sooner, might be different at different places, but if you have your heart set on it, be sure :biggrin:

Ah well plenty of time.
Reply 789
Original post by MangoFreak
Ah well plenty of time.

Yeah, you've got a while yet, good luck with everything
Currently, I'm doing couple of subjects at GCSE, I only finished first part of my modules, which was Chemistry and Maths. I done foundation maths since my class isin't good standard for higher tier (I believe I stand out). My results came out pretty good. A* in Chemistry and C in Maths with full possible marks. However, I'm stressing out.

I don't know why.

I'm thinking about Chemistry, Biology, ICT for A-level and possibly Maths for AS, though I need to get myself a tutor and see how I do in GCSE in order to take it on A-level.
History, French, Economics and Biology
Hoping to do law at university.
Biology
Chemistry
Further Maths
Maths
Psychology

Intending to study Medicine at Uni :smile:
Reply 793
Im actually training to be a career's / education advisor at the moment or something equivalent at uni, so im pleased that everyone is thinking about things in advance :smile: So different to when i was in school! I only left in 2006 as well!
Original post by iheartdjokovic

Original post by iheartdjokovic
I'm doing exactly the same as you! Apart from lit instead of combined... everyone thinks I'm crazy for doing one language let alone two haha what do you want to do when you're older? :smile:

TBH, I'm not really sure... but I think a language degree is likely! What about you? :smile:
Original post by PointlessUsername
TBH, I'm not really sure... but I think a language degree is likely! What about you? :smile:

Same here really, considering Law but I don't know really :tongue:
Reply 796
Original post by Lily-Pad
Apparantley Biology is a lot easier if you do Chemistry with it so you might want to consider another option...obviously if you are good at it and enjoy it go for it ! :smile:

Haha it would only be a fourth for AS... Chemistry's not my favourite subject! :tongue:
Reply 797
I want to take
Maths
French
RS (philosophy & ethics)
Chemistry

But the way our school does it everything is in option blocks and currently chem and rs clash which is an issue for quite a few of my friends so we are trying to get an extra chem class put on. If that doesnt happen I'll be doing physics instead of chem
Reply 798
Original post by drewb
Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Further Maths.

This!
Have I already posted on here? :stupido3:
If not -

Chemistry

Biology

Modern History Politics now!

Economics

YAY! :colone:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest