The Student Room Group

GCSE Students - What subjects will you take for A-Levels?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1360
English literature, Maths, French and Business studies
Reply 1361
Original post by Llewellyn
What does "a*" mean? :confused: You can't get an A* at AS-Level.

Regardless, I'm with Groat in thinking that achieving the maximum for what you did is "better". Furthermore, the difference between an A and an A* is much greater than the difference between a B and an A.

Exactly. With AS-Levels and modules, the A grade is much easier than the A*.
Original post by Llewellyn
What does "a*" mean? :confused: You can't get an A* at AS-Level.

Regardless, I'm with Groat in thinking that achieving the maximum for what you did is "better". Furthermore, the difference between an A and an A* is much greater than the difference between a B and an A.

AS equivalent, like extended essay or EPQ :smile:
Who thinks 5 a levels is justbtoo much i gotvinto 1 of the best colleges in london they want us to do five : chemistry physics maths economics and critical thinking is compulsory... too much also is economics time consuming?
heyy!! Hoping to do Biology, Chemistry, Maths and the fourth i'm not sure about maybe...... Government and Politics :tongue:

P.s. I want to do medicine are these good a levels?? :biggrin:
Mathematics
Further Mathematics
Chemistry
Physics
History
French

Want to go into Chemical Engineering :biggrin:
Original post by shadab786ahmed
Mathematics
Further Mathematics
Chemistry
Physics
History
French

God help you my friend

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Mathematics
Further Mathematics
Chemistry
Physics
History
French

Wow that's a lot
Why so many?
Original post by ThatGuyCalledMo
God help you my friend

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Original post by izpenguin
Wow that's a lot
Why so many?

Why? Because they're awesome! :biggrin: and I'll have two ASs before sixth form anyway :biggrin:
It's interesting to see so many people doing multiple Science A-Levels...I used to love Science when I was in Year 7 but after going two years without an actual science teacher (and this is a school that's supposedly "outstanding" :s-smilie:) , I lost interest.

It's a shame because scientists are really in demand. I'm still good at Science but the thought of taking Biology+Physics+Chemistry is just too much...however, I really respect people that do Science A-Levels - they're amazing.

Anyways, after a lot of switching and swapping, I think I'll go for these:

English Literature
History
French
Latin (or Classical Greek...it's the subject I know least about, but it's the most interesting)
PLUS I should *fingers crossed* have a Maths AS-Level by the end of Year 11

I wanted to do Philosophy but it seems that it just isn't as respected as History or Classics for example. Should I do Latin, the subject I know more about - but is less interesting - or should I do Classical Greek, which is crazy hard, but fascinating?
Original post by TotallyJustMe
It's interesting to see so many people doing multiple Science A-Levels...I used to love Science when I was in Year 7 but after going two years without an actual science teacher (and this is a school that's supposedly "outstanding" :s-smilie:) , I lost interest.

It's a shame because scientists are really in demand. I'm still good at Science but the thought of taking Biology+Physics+Chemistry is just too much...however, I really respect people that do Science A-Levels - they're amazing.

Anyways, after a lot of switching and swapping, I think I'll go for these:

English Literature
History
French
Latin (or Classical Greek...it's the subject I know least about, but it's the most interesting)
PLUS I should *fingers crossed* have a Maths AS-Level by the end of Year 11

I wanted to do Philosophy but it seems that it just isn't as respected as History or Classics for example. Should I do Latin, the subject I know more about - but is less interesting - or should I do Classical Greek, which is crazy hard, but fascinating?

I say
English Literature
History and French (I'm taking these along with my other sciences and Maths)
Classical Greek :biggrin:
I should have maths AS too!
Original post by ab786
If I get the grades I will be taking: Maths, Chemistry, Geography and Economics.

My options are similar to ur one but I'm going to take Biology instead of chemistry.:redface:
Biology
Sociology
History
Spanish

Hoping for the best!
I say
English Literature
History and French (I'm taking these along with my other sciences and Maths)
Classical Greek :biggrin:
I should have maths AS too!

Ah yes, well, great minds think alike...:wink:

BUT WAIT You're taking all of these AND Sciences and Maths? Seriously?

There's only one smilie for this...:adore:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by TotallyJustMe
Ah yes, well, great minds think alike...:wink:

BUT WAIT You're taking all of these AND Sciences and Maths? Seriously?

There's only one smilie for this...:adore:

Yes, yes they do...
Yeah, I'm going to take:
Maths, F.Maths, Chemistry, Physics, French, History...

It'll be possible because I'm going to have my AS ib maths and history before hand :smile:
Reply 1375
I'm taking English Literature, Psychology, Classical Civilization and Law. If I was sensible I'd take some science and maths subjects... but decided to do which ones interest me the most. Ask me in two years time and I'll most likely regret this lol.
Original post by _jake_
I'm taking English Literature, Psychology, Classical Civilization and Law. If I was sensible I'd take some science and maths subjects... but decided to do which ones interest me the most. Ask me in two years time and I'll most likely regret this lol.

Why law? :smile:
Maths, Further Maths and Business studies :cool:
Any of you going to Vyners?
Reply 1379
Biology, Chemistry, Psychology and Law.

Quick Reply

Latest