The Student Room Group

The Cider Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by Loz17
This is true, although if I'm not in Kent I'm in Devon so I'm never far away from good cider!

I looked for a jealously smiley and could not find one! I am yet to find a nice local cider around here.
Original post by Wheek
I looked for a jealously smiley and could not find one! I am yet to find a nice local cider around here.

Are you near-ish a countryside?

I've only found one nice local one, but I plan on spending the summer sampling many more.
Reply 782
Original post by Loz17
Are you near-ish a countryside?

I've only found one nice local one, but I plan on spending the summer sampling many more.

Sort of, I plan to look a bit harder over the next few months as I have started drinking again (I stopped for a while cos it wasn't doing me much good).

For now though I am happy to stick to magners/bulmers pear :smile:
Original post by Wheek
Sort of, I plan to look a bit harder over the next few months as I have started drinking again (I stopped for a while cos it wasn't doing me much good).

For now though I am happy to stick to magners/bulmers pear :smile:

Good good :h: That doesn't sound great either, but obviously you're better now which is always good :biggrin:

That's what I've been doing, sticking to the main stream ones I know I like just while I have exams going.
Original post by superwolf

+rep just for posting the video :biggrin: Homer is a legend!
Original post by M4LLY
Chilled Bulmers, Californication by the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, a sunny day an the countryside. Sorted.

that sounds like a good day :smile:
Reply 786
Original post by SciFiBoy
+rep just for posting the video :biggrin: Homer is a legend!

Glad to see somebody else about at this hour. :hat2: Although actually I was just about to head to bed...
Glad to see somebody else about at this hour. :hat2: Although actually I was just about to head to bed...

im often about at this hour :tongue: slept most of the day Sunday, plus I have to be awake all day today cause Sky are coming to install multiroom!

then tonight im watching football on tv so got the Thatchers and a big pizza in :yy:

should be a good day, but I will be very very tired by the end of it I imagine!
Reply 788
Original post by SciFiBoy
im often about at this hour :tongue: slept most of the day Sunday, plus I have to be awake all day today cause Sky are coming to install multiroom!

then tonight im watching football on tv so got the Thatchers and a big pizza in :yy:

should be a good day, but I will be very very tired by the end of it I imagine!

Mmm... foody boozy good times... Don't exert yourself too much. :tongue:

Now to sleep and dream sweet reboxetine dreams. :moon:
Mmm... foody boozy good times... Don't exert yourself too much. :tongue:

Now to sleep and dream sweet reboxetine dreams. :moon:

lol, I doubt I will be exerting much of anything :tongue:

good night! :smile:
Reply 790
I love it! :smile: but unfortunately where I live there is a pretty poor selection. Can't wait to move to the uk and broaden my horizons :P
I'm beggining to miss my cider. :frown: My hometown in Sussex has more ale than cider tbh, so there isn't as much of a variety here in comparison to my university town. I should be heading back on Friday though, so more cider galore :biggrin:. I'm a member of my university's cider and ale society, so I'll be hitting all the usual spots to get my favourite ciders. :smile:
Reply 792
Tried the rhubarb and custard brothers tonight - not bad, little sweet for my tastes. Also every time I took a sip I got the theme tune from the cartoon stuck in my head. :colondollar:

six bottles of Thatchers bought for the weekend :smile: or for one night if I am so inclined :tongue:
Reply 794
I'm slacking - I have had 4 bottles of pear cider in the fridge for about 2 weeks now and have yet to open the pack :colondollar:

I did put my homemade stuff in another bottle though on sunday and got rid of the sludge in the bottom but more has fallen to the bottom since then, do I need to wait until it stops before its drinkable? I am waiting till I don't have to be at work the next day to try it, so was hoping that it would be ok to drink by the weekend.
Incorporated some Rekorderlig strawberry and lime cider into cupcakes yesterday. Was so good!
I got 12 cans of pear kopparberg for £6 as the box was slightly damaged :biggrin:

Overly sweet but still damn good.
Original post by Wheek
I'm slacking - I have had 4 bottles of pear cider in the fridge for about 2 weeks now and have yet to open the pack :colondollar:

I did put my homemade stuff in another bottle though on sunday and got rid of the sludge in the bottom but more has fallen to the bottom since then, do I need to wait until it stops before its drinkable? I am waiting till I don't have to be at work the next day to try it, so was hoping that it would be ok to drink by the weekend.

Careful you don't leave it too long, it'll turn nasty. :yucky:
Reply 798
I was in an ale mood the other night, so picked up a load from Tesco, but then felt guilty and grabbed the first thing of cider I saw to appease the great zyder god. Turned out the cider I grabbed was Brothers Toffee Apple flavoured, and is the strangest taste ever. It tastes a bit like a toffee apple, but alcoholic, and bloody disgusting. Steer Clear (unless f course you're a seven year old who is considering a career in binge drinking, but can't handle the taste of anything proper, in which case this is ideal).
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by joelburr
I was in an ale mood the other night, so picked up a load from Tesco, but then felt guilty and grabbed the first thing of cider I saw to appease the great zyder god. Turned out the cider I grabbed was Brothers Toffee Apple flavoured, and is the strangest taste ever. It tastes a bit like a toffee apple, but alcoholic, and bloody disgusting. Steer Clear (unless f course you're a seven year old who is considering a career in binge drinking, but can't handle the taste of anything proper, in which case this is ideal).

Tried that back in November when 'spoons were selling it. Sickly stuff - the barstaff wanted to kick us out and told me I had to down it, I had my revenge by puking over their walls. :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest