The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
honestly... they might do... i guess it depends on the kind of party

if everybody else is dressed nicely... i'd expect they would think you were a bit odd :P

but if you like wearing them then go ahead... the worst that can happen is people giving you odd looks :smile:
Reply 2
Hmmm I'm all for wearing shorts in winter - I got an award this year for wearing the tiniest pair of shorts in existence in sub zero conditions :biggrin: (they were actually my pajamas - long story but i had been wearing regular shorts to lectures all term) but to a party??? Not sure...
Reply 3
I went to a very stuffy posh Christmas ball on Thursday, and one girl showed up in black shorts, stilettos and a black sheer top.

Now she would have looked really cool if she had been in a club or bar (nothing wrong there, its only like wearing a skirt!) but the older wives spent to evening loudly discussing her inappropriate outfit.

I did agree she had dressed inappropriately, but thats no reason to bitch about her for it!! So I got chatting to her, we had lots of nice wine and danced inappropriately as well. :p:

My Christmas message - each to their own! :cool:
Reply 4
You kidding? I'd freeze in shorts. Hell, I freeze even with my Russian style garb on (trenchcoat, hat etc).
Reply 5
I'm guessing you are talking about dressy shorts, and not football shorts? If so then they are totally appropriate for parties over Christmas as they are fashionable. If you are talking about football shorts, then maybe you will get some strange looks off people!

Edit: I have just realised you are male - hmmm - totally different perspective now as I'm not sure male shorts are in fashion at the minute and maybe you were talking about football shorts. :confused:
Reply 6
haha. well. erm.. i think i'll just stick to jeans. bring out the shorts in summer. Can't wait!! the thing is, i love my legs. you understand right?
Reply 7
icecreamman
haha. well. erm.. i think i'll just stick to jeans. bring out the shorts in summer. Can't wait!! the thing is, i love my legs. you understand right?

Lol, ok so you love your legs - but does everyone else love your legs? :biggrin:
Anyway, i think your own advice is the best - keep the shorts for summer - or even spring if you that desperate to show off you legs! But just wear your jeans for your parties.
Reply 8
i wear my shorts and cropped trousers IN THE HOUSE but not outside!

too cold!
Reply 9
I wear shorts all around the place....but just to show off my legs...

ohyea - and I spend a lot of time in really cold conditions, so I haven't even had to put a jumper on yet this year...
Reply 10
the only time i swear shorts in this kinda weather is when im dossing around in boardshorts and flipflops and need to go outside for a few mins, like at uni - trips to the garage etc.
all i've been wearing is shorts over tights recently! during the day i wear my knee length tweed pair but i went to a party on thursday and i wore my short shorts from primark and someone told me then liked them :smile:
Reply 12
so strong!!

牛人啊!!
Reply 13
I live in Lapland and work as a coach guide with British tourists that come to see Lapland and Santa for a couple of days. The day before yesterday when I was picking up a group of tourists from the airport I saw one most probably British tourist who was wearing shorts when he arrived! It was -20 Celsius degrees :eek: Apparently he hadn't been doing much background research on Finnish climate :rolleyes: I myself was wearing three layers of clothes under my winter overalls and my elf costume :biggrin:
I wore shorts the other day!
Reply 15
I did the old surfer dude look the other day... I got some smiles by people who looked at me and thought... BRAVE in this weather... :eek: as they wandered past in winter thermals hehe.
I know someone who wears shorts all year round. Hes known round here as 'Dave with the shorts' everyone knows him. its funny how he'll ride along on his push bike with his bere legs exposed in the snowy air, whilst everyone else is wrapped up in layers of scarves n wolly jumpers
Reply 17
Random: saw this guy today in Lidl wearing 3/4 length shorts!!
Reply 18
I think people would think you're crazy to wear anything short when it comes to guys in this weather though it has been mild in some places!
I dont see anything wrong with it. As long as you wear a pair of fairly thick knee-high socks you should be fine.

Latest