The Student Room Group

A shy hello :-) and hope I'm doing the right thing..

Hi everyone...been having a look at the forums and decided to say a hello...

I'm going back to uni...for the second time. I qualified as a nurse 8yrs ago, but have a passion for psychology,,don't regret being a nurse at all but want to do what I love and have passion for.

I'm a single mummy so absolutly worrying over money etc and that I'm doing the right thing for both of us :-)
Feel abit aprehensive about being a mature student on the course, but I think your as old as you feel, and the fact I still get asked for ID at shops should help me fit right in ( think god for anti wrinkle cream lol). Seriously though am a bit worried that I am too old to be going back to study, what do you think?

Anyway that was a long hello...:smile:

Aly x
Reply 1
Hello and welcome :smile:

Don't worry about age: it's quite normal to feel apprehensive, but it's not a big deal, honestly. For most of the modules I studied at university, I was the only mature student.

Have you got childcare sorted? Most tutors are sympathetic to parents, the university where I study is very traditional, with only a few mature students, but I found everyone to be supportive whenever I had problems, such as no childminder or illness, etc.

HTH
Reply 2
hi,,thankyou :-)

My little girl goes to school..not quite sure what to do about childcare until I know my timetable. (after school club or childminder?)

Aly
Reply 3
You're welcome :smile: I was in a similar situation with timetables and booked up a childminder in advance, as there were no after school clubs at my daughter's school.
Reply 4
I'm a single mum and am lucky that my parents are able to look after my daughter when required - I really couldn't do this without them! It has been difficult at times but it is well worth it - am starting the second year of my degree in September and can't wait! Good luck x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending