The Student Room Group

Pharmacy applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lambo_93
Hey :smile: Well done on the interview :smile:, I just wanted to know, how you will answer them? I know some people have a part time job in a pharmacy but how are you meant to know them if you have never seen/worked in a pharmacy?
This isn't a question just to you though.

I think I know some because I have a job in one, but what about those that don't

:frown:

Please dont neg :colondollar:

Thankyou! :smile: Aww haha I wont be neg! I don't have a part time job in pharmacy but have had work experience in two pharmacy's. I guess it depends on what you wrote in your personal statement. The interviers can't ask you something that isn't written on the personal statement so they'll most probably ask questions relating to you and your personal statement specifically (I'm not 100% sure though obviously lol!)

I'm going to go through all the questions I can do and know will apply to me, however I read on a past thread that someone who had an interview had gone through all these questions but did not get asked anything at all.

:smile:
Original post by supersping
Thankyou! :smile: Aww haha I wont be neg! I don't have a part time job in pharmacy but have had work experience in two pharmacy's. I guess it depends on what you wrote in your personal statement. The interviers can't ask you something that isn't written on the personal statement so they'll most probably ask questions relating to you and your personal statement specifically (I'm not 100% sure though obviously lol!)

I'm going to go through all the questions I can do and know will apply to me, however I read on a past thread that someone who had an interview had gone through all these questions but did not get asked anything at all.

:smile:

Ah thanks :smile: But some are so hard!
Name some drugs which you will find exclusively in a hospital pharmacy (my Pharmacist didn't know this :P)
If a patient wants to take insulin orally, what must be done to the drug?
Name a POM (I wouldn't know any If I didnt work at a pharmacy :frown:, nevermind what they do!)

But If you need any help on POM or somthing just send me a PM And will be happy to answer :smile:
Ah thanks :smile: But some are so hard!
Name some drugs which you will find exclusively in a hospital pharmacy (my Pharmacist didn't know this :P)
If a patient wants to take insulin orally, what must be done to the drug?
Name a POM (I wouldn't know any If I didnt work at a pharmacy :frown:, nevermind what they do!)

But If you need any help on POM or somthing just send me a PM And will be happy to answer :smile:

What uni's have you applied to and what are your predicted grades?
And yeah I agree some are so hard!! Aw thankyou I'm gna go through it now so will definitely pm you if help is needed!
What uni's have you applied to and what are your predicted grades?
And yeah I agree some are so hard!! Aw thankyou I'm gna go through it now so will definitely pm you if help is needed!

ABB in Biology Chemistry and Politics

Keele, Demont, Medway, Hertfordshire and Sunderland :smile:

Is sent of my Ucas to school on thursday, but they didn't send it, so will have to wait til going back after half term D: I'm so annoyed :angry:
ABB in Biology Chemistry and Politics

Keele, Demont, Medway, Hertfordshire and Sunderland :smile:

Is sent of my Ucas to school on thursday, but they didn't send it, so will have to wait til going back after half term D: I'm so annoyed :angry:

That's good! Oh no :frown: Dont worry after half term is still an early application :smile:
That's good!

Ah Where are you applying? :smile:
Ah Where are you applying? :smile:

Hertfordshire, Medway, Portsmouth, Kingston and Brighton :smile:
Hertfordshire, Medway, Portsmouth, Kingston and Brighton :smile:

Double snap :P Which ones are your favourite?

Whats Med and herts like? Haven't been to the open day? But Medway in a few weeks :smile: x
Reply 388
Guys do you think there is any chance nottingham would give a student with ABB predictions an offer?
Reply 389
Original post by Smiile
Guys do you think there is any chance nottingham would give a student with ABB predictions an offer?

to be honest, if u are predicted anything lower then their requirements i think they would just give u a straight rejection because u dont meet their standard requirements, so they wont look at ur PS or anything else! I could be wrong and maybe under some circumstances they do but personally, i wouldn't risk it! hope this helped
Original post by Isomer
Urgh, I can't believe people are getting interviews while I'm approximately fifteen words into my personal statement :rolleyes: all of my reasons for wanting to study Pharmacy sound ridiculously cliché on paper. Good luck with your interviews, everyone!

Haha! This sounds too much like myself :s-smilie:
Reply 391
Original post by danaxx94
to be honest, if u are predicted anything lower then their requirements i think they would just give u a straight rejection because u dont meet their standard requirements, so they wont look at ur PS or anything else! I could be wrong and maybe under some circumstances they do but personally, i wouldn't risk it! hope this helped

DO you think if after retaking in jan I get higher results, lets say overall AAB in AS I can request them to reconsider my application?
Reply 392
Original post by godknows
DO you think if after retaking in jan I get higher results, lets say overall AAB in AS I can request them to reconsider my application?

um i really dont know sorry! because u dont get ur results till march right? which is way after an deadline! i mean u could like beg ur teachers to predict u a grade higher and bring ur folks in and stuff, schools are afraid of teachers so it could work in ur favor! i would honestly do that !
Reply 393
Original post by danaxx94
um i really dont know sorry! because u dont get ur results till march right? which is way after an deadline! i mean u could like beg ur teachers to predict u a grade higher and bring ur folks in and stuff, schools are afraid of teachers so it could work in ur favor! i would honestly do that !

alright thanks... I am trying my best .. lets see what happens :frown:
ahh! im really scared now hearing everyone's offers. how long did they take to come through, my application went off on friday (21st)??? thanks for any help :s
Reply 395
Oh no :frown: get well soon! I found the interview questions last night on TSR so will be starting to go through them and make sure I have an answer for every question in some form or another. I need to go through personal statement too! Is this your first pharmacy interview?

We have applied to two of the same uni's! :biggrin: I've applied to Medway, Hertfordshire, Kingston, Brighton and Portsmouth? What are your predicted grades?

My interview is on 5th November, please let me know how the interview goes! All the best for it!! :smile:

thankyou. theres too many questions, some i have no idea how to answer :frown:

Aned yeah this is my first interview. ive got a second interview from herts end of november.

Have you heard from herts or any of the other 3?

My predicted is 3 A's which i honestly doubt im gonna get.
Original post by aneesax
thankyou. theres too many questions, some i have no idea how to answer :frown:

Aned yeah this is my first interview. ive got a second interview from herts end of november.

Have you heard from herts or any of the other 3?

My predicted is 3 A's which i honestly doubt im gonna get.

Oh wow 3 A's! :O I'm suprised you got an interview, I would have thought you would have got a straight offer!

When did you send your ucas out? I haven't heard back from Hertfordshire yet :frown: which is beginnning to worry me seeing as you have!
Reply 397
Oh wow 3 A's! :O I'm suprised you got an interview, I would have thought you would have got a straight offer!

When did you send your ucas out? I haven't heard back from Hertfordshire yet :frown: which is beginnning to worry me seeing as you have!

i sent mine on October 10th. and heard from them on the 18th.
when was yours sent off?

Dont worry about it, they get loads off applications so im sure youll hear from them soon enough :smile:
whats your predicted grades?
Reply 398
Original post by Jessica.Jane23
ahh! im really scared now hearing everyone's offers. how long did they take to come through, my application went off on friday (21st)??? thanks for any help :s

ive heard from 2 of the unis i applied to - 2 interviews.

Medway i heard from after a day
Hertfordshire i heard from in just over a week.

Unis are starting to get loads of applications now so dont worry about hearing from them. So long as you dont get a rejection, atleast you know theyre considering you.

You know what they say, No news is good news :p:D
Reply 399
mine was sent of on the 21st too! just got emails from bath and kings saying they have received my application so guess now u just need to wait!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending