The Student Room Group

Pharmacy applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Surge1991
Yea italy really does have a nice weather i can agree to that and don't worry my italian is 100% perfect either because i'm an italian that lived in the United States for a good 12 years hahah so in my opinion i think my english is better than italian xD

Sadly i haven't been to Ostia :frown:

Yes my sister she speaks perfect but me I get my grammar wrong sadly do u live I. Uk? Or Italy
Original post by otrivine
Yes my sister she speaks perfect but me I get my grammar wrong sadly do u live I. Uk? Or Italy

I live currently now in italy so that has helped me improve my grammar but i still got issues with it. Where do you live in the UK ?
I live currently now in italy so that has helped me improve my grammar but i still got issues with it. Where do you live in the UK ?

London
Actually there are still some top uni left like east anglia and reading are on clearing and there is Aston as well:smile: are u studying pharmacy raj

How do you know they are in clearing when no spaces have been given yet (apart from those with UC offers)?
Original post by mathsclown
How do you know they are in clearing when no spaces have been given yet (apart from those with UC offers)?

It is says is it with a small x which shows it is in clearing
Hey guys :smile:

Has anyone else applied to UCL school of pharmacy and got an unconditional offer? :smile:

Mee :smile: Have you? And oh wow this thread has reached 200 pagess :eek:
Original post by FunkeyMunkey
Mee :smile: Have you? And oh wow this thread has reached 200 pagess :eek:

Yep i got an unconditional offer so im pretty excited about studying pharmacy at UCL :smile:

Congratulations as well on getting the unconditional offer :smile:
Hope your enjoying your summer guys! XD
Thanks Otrivine :smile: How do you find out which schools of pharmacy still have places available for clearing for 2012 applicants before results day? :smile:
Original post by lovetoparty
Thanks Otrivine :smile: How do you find out which schools of pharmacy still have places available for clearing for 2012 applicants before results day? :smile:

No probes ok what u do is go to course search and click on pharmacy then u get te list of all uni for pharmacy and beside the course they put the small x which indicates it's in UCAS extra
No probes ok what u do is go to course search and click on pharmacy then u get te list of all uni for pharmacy and beside the course they put the small x which indicates it's in UCAS extra

ucas extra is different to ucas clearing, is it not?
Otrivine, this is fantastic!! Many thanks :biggrin:
Original post by James A
ucas extra is different to ucas clearing, is it not?

Really?? Not sure I thought is the same?
I got accepted today in my MPharm course, done an access course in a college with no previous qualifications and got word on my UCAS form that I had been accepted. So Those with A-levels etc...relax, I'm sure you will get in :smile:

Think it was the 96% in maths that got me in to be honest. Just need to sort my student finance.

overall percentage of 80% with distinction. Looking forward to all the hard work now:o:D
Reply 3994
Original post by Mature student99
I got accepted today in my MPharm course, done an access course in a college with no previous qualifications and got word on my UCAS form that I had been accepted. So Those with A-levels etc...relax, I'm sure you will get in :smile:

Think it was the 96% in maths that got me in to be honest. Just need to sort my student finance.

overall percentage of 80% with distinction. Looking forward to all the hard work now:o:D

congrats! which school?
University of Ulster...It's all I applied for, didn't want to aim any higher as I had no other qualifications and it is closest to me.

Considering I left school at 16 without a single GCSE I'm pretty pleased with myself. So to all GCSE and A-Level students, it's not the end of the world if you don't get your desired grades this year.
So how hard is this course? Can anyone recommend any books for me?
Reply 3997
Original post by Mature student99
So how hard is this course? Can anyone recommend any books for me?

To be fair, there's no point buying any books in first year apart from the BNF. I got in last year thinking I'll need textbooks and then shipped them all in from amazon, I ended up not using any and still managed a first class. Plus the library has loads of the books you will be needing anyway.
Original post by AL_93
To be fair, there's no point buying any books in first year apart from the BNF. I got in last year thinking I'll need textbooks and then shipped them all in from amazon, I ended up not using any and still managed a first class. Plus the library has loads of the books you will be needing anyway.

Which uni are you at?
Reply 3999
Original post by oliviagunapalan
Which uni are you at?

John Moores

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending