The Student Room Group

Pharmacy applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

This is going to be my third time applying >.< with grades BBB going to be soing retakes in June to hopefully get AAA.

Applying to 3 unis that have higher requirements so not to sure on getting offers from them, have made a much better personal statement than previous years so hopefully that will help!
LSOP
Reading
UEA
Herts (on the site it says using the full UCAS points tarriff they want 320 points, does this mean A2 + AS? If so I have 350, so any chances of unconditional offer if that is true?)
Bradford (going to change it to a BBB uni just saw requirements gone up to ABB)
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by mathsclown
This is going to be my third time applying >.< with grades BBB going to be soing retakes in June to hopefully get AAA.

Applying to 3 unis that have higher requirements so not to sure on getting offers from them, have made a much better personal statement than previous years so hopefully that will help!
LSOP
Reading
UEA
Herts (on the site it says using the full UCAS points tarriff they want 320 points, does this mean A2 + AS? If so I have 350, so any chances of unconditional offer if that is true?)
Bradford (going to change it to a BBB uni just saw requirements gone up to ABB)

For Herts, 320 is only the requirements for candidates not taking 3 A levels if you are taking 3 A levels you are only required to get BBB :smile:
Original post by Inspire12
Hiii Im reataking Biol 1, C3, C4, and Chem 5 u???
I've not yet sent off my form but im worried as everyone else wanting to do pharmacy has , do unis take people on a first come first basis?? they have to consider everyone don't they???
I didnt apply last year because i knew i would be taking a gap year, i'm worried because ive not done any of this before, i still havent found any work experience, my personal statement is a mess and I achieved 3C's at alevel but i feel that i mite just get rejected!!! But im not going to give up !!

What grades did u get at a levels and which unis have u applied to??
Btw did u include what u do in ur spare time now that ur on a gap year??? Confused as to wat to include in my personal statement!
Thanks in advance for ur help :smile:

Heyy! Firstly don't worry! Unis will look at all applications that come in before the 15th January. The main thing is that you're predicted the appropriate grade for the uni, you have a good personal statement and a good reference; those are what unis will base their decisions on. Some unis may see early applicants as better because they feel they're more organised but on the other hand other unis don't even start looking at applications till after the deadline..so don't worry! You don't have to put your alevels down on your ucas application, but it is a good idea to let them know somehow either by email or tell your referee to put them in the reference (that's what I did). Where are you thinking of applyin?

I got ABC in august so I'm retaking the B and the C. I've applied to Medway, Kingston
, Portsmouth, Brighton and Manchester; last year I applied to LSoP and Reading instead of Medway and Brighton. I didnt write anything about my spare time but I wrote that I'll be working in my gap year. The section about your gap year doesn't have to me long, mine was 2 lines! Dont worry, this time last year I hadn't sent my form yet either! You'll be fine! :biggrin:
Original post by charb16
For Herts, 320 is only the requirements for candidates not taking 3 A levels if you are taking 3 A levels you are only required to get BBB :smile:

Phew!! Thanks! Hope I get an unconditional offer from them would be nice to have a secure place beforehand :smile: thanks again :smile:
Original post by Pink_dreams
Heyy! Firstly don't worry! Unis will look at all applications that come in before the 15th January. The main thing is that you're predicted the appropriate grade for the uni, you have a good personal statement and a good reference; those are what unis will base their decisions on. Some unis may see early applicants as better because they feel they're more organised but on the other hand other unis don't even start looking at applications till after the deadline..so don't worry! You don't have to put your alevels down on your ucas application, but it is a good idea to let them know somehow either by email or tell your referee to put them in the reference (that's what I did). Where are you thinking of applyin?

I got ABC in august so I'm retaking the B and the C. I've applied to Medway, Kingston
, Portsmouth, Brighton and Manchester; last year I applied to LSoP and Reading instead of Medway and Brighton. I didnt write anything about my spare time but I wrote that I'll be working in my gap year. The section about your gap year doesn't have to me long, mine was 2 lines! Dont worry, this time last year I hadn't sent my form yet either! You'll be fine! :biggrin:

but i dont get it, people have already got interviews, so doesn't that mean they have already looked at the applications??
Original post by James A
but i dont get it, people have already got interviews, so doesn't that mean they have already looked at the applications??

Yeah they can look at applications as they come. But you don't have to have sent off you ucas by the end of october for you to get an interview. Interviews still take place in February and march after the ucas deadline, I had my LSoP interview last year in February. The will still look at your application as long as its in before 15th Jan.
Original post by Pink_dreams
Yeah they can look at applications as they come. But you don't have to have sent off you ucas by the end of october for you to get an interview. Interviews still take place in February and march after the ucas deadline, I had my LSoP interview last year in February. The will still look at your application as long as its in before 15th Jan.

oh right, so lets say i apply to bath, and they interview candidates with an AAB prediction, and i fall in that category, will i get an interview?? then after the jan exams we'll receive our offers? sounds good to me :biggrin:
Reply 587
Original post by James A
oh right, so lets say i apply to bath, and they interview candidates with an AAB prediction, and i fall in that category, will i get an interview?? then after the jan exams we'll receive our offers? sounds good to me :biggrin:

I know Bath at the moment are doing interviews every Tuesday and Thursday until the 15th December then they might start up again in January I guess :smile:
Reply 588
Original post by secret-geek
I also have an interview at hudds x

OMG ive got the interview and test too... sooo scared of messing it up:frown:, when have you got urs?
Reply 589
Original post by shuty
OMG ive got the interview and test too... sooo scared of messing it up:frown:, when have you got urs?

what were your predicted grades dont mind me asking, and the subjects
Reply 590
Original post by kingam

AAC:s-smilie:
Reply 591
Original post by shuty
AAC:s-smilie:

more less equal to my ABB, erm what C in
Reply 592
Has anyone else applied to

LJMU
Huddersfield
DMU
Bradford
Kingston?
Reply 593
Original post by kingam
more less equal to my ABB, erm what C in

C in Physics
Reply 594
Original post by kingam

Chemistry A
Biology A
Physics C
Reply 595
Original post by shuty
C in Physics

allright where you from haha
Reply 596
Original post by kingam
allright where you from haha

:biggrin:
where have you applied to?
Reply 597
Original post by shuty
:biggrin:
where have you applied to?

Not applied yet , sending my application next week.
Bradford
Huddersfield
Manchester
Sunderland
Keele
Reply 598
Original post by kingam
Not applied yet , sending my application next week.
Bradford
Huddersfield
Manchester
Sunderland
Keele

Oh Ok cool... Good Luck :biggrin:

Ive applied to Huddersfield n Bradford 2 :biggrin: might see you there
r u going for the 4 year course or the 5 year one at Bard?:smile:
Reply 599
Original post by shuty
Oh Ok cool... Good Luck :biggrin:

Ive applied to Huddersfield n Bradford 2 :biggrin: might see you there
r u going for the 4 year course or the 5 year one at Bard?:smile:

4 year one went to open they it was okay haha i guess, not the best of unis to be fair , how about you 4 year course or the 5 year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending