The Student Room Group

Best advice you could give to a fresher?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Don't be the boring git (usually a girl) who goes on about all the bargains they found on their first supermarket shop. Nobody gives a **** if you got Coco-Pops at 2 for £3, piss off.
Reply 141
Original post by Schmucks
Don't be the boring git (usually a girl) who goes on about all the bargains they found on their first supermarket shop. Nobody gives a **** if you got Coco-Pops at 2 for £3, piss off.

I for one would want to hear the bargains someone got, could be helpful information!
Reply 142
Original post by Dbrown18
I for one would want to hear the bargains someone got, could be helpful information!

Not when you went shopping with them and saw them get it.
Get work experience during your first and second year summers.
Reply 144
Original post by wanderlust.xx
Get work experience during your first and second year summers.

This. Relevant work experience if you know what you want to do afterwards - an internship if possible. Start looking as early as you can. I haven't managed to get into anything relevant this year or last and it's going to make things rather difficult next year...
Reply 145
Buy plenty of hoodies if you're not living in halls. Heating isn't cheap.
Reply 146
You'll want them in halls, too, come to think of it. Heating will be **** there.
Reply 147
Original post by roarbanana
I thought I might bump this for incoming freshers :smile:

roarbanana lol the name cracks me up!!! lool

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Reply 148
Screw my other posts. Sarcastic and sensible *******s doesn't help anyone.

Read my signature. Take a bloody risk. Don't be scared to try new things, don't be scared to make new friends, don't be scared of your course and don't be scared of your tutors. Even in the tough moments, embrace and enjoy every bloody second of it. Stick two fingers up to those that don't appreciate you for who you are (at Uni, this will happen. Too many clashing ego's) and surround yourself around the people you will meet and love. Don't take them for granted. Treat every relationship and friendship you make whilst at Uni with the respect it deserves. They'll be part of the biggest period of your life and will most likely become the people you look back on and remember fondly. They'll be friends for life.

Be positive and bloody enjoy it, 'cause the whole thing's a ****ing blast. I wish I was in all of your shoes again, starting out again. I'm lucky enough to have one year left of it, but you lot. You have it all ahead of you!
Reply 149
Don't be silly, wrap your willy.

:colondollar:
Original post by roarbanana
I'm genuinely terrified at the prospect of starting at university and especially the idea of the first couple of weeks. What piece of advice would you give to someone just about to start uni? For example, should you go out the first night or unpack and settle in? Should you bring food with you? Should you throw yourself into meeting people or let it happen naturally? All thoughts and snippets of advice are appreciated :smile:

Bring lots of condoms, alcohol and a guitar; befriend a girl, tell her there's a party and that everyone's predrinking in your room; once she's in your room ready to predrink, sit her down on the bed, pour her a drink and let her fall for the guitar trap; when she asks you if you're a guitarist, pick the guitar up, get down on one knee and serenade her; her heart will melt, she'll begin blushing and that's you're queue to go in for the kiss; she'll be overwhelmed - so lock the door, tell her the party has arrived and take off your pants.
Original post by Stalin
Bring lots of condoms, alcohol and a guitar; befriend a girl, tell her there's a party and that everyone's predrinking in your room; once she's in your room ready to predrink, sit her down on the bed, pour her a drink and let her fall for the guitar trap; when she asks you if you're a guitarist, pick the guitar up, get down on one knee and serenade her; her heart will melt, she'll begin blushing and that's you're queue to go in for the kiss; she'll be overwhelmed - so lock the door, tell her the party has arrived and take off your pants.

Stalin you horny git.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending