The Student Room Group

Official Physiotherapy Student Society Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
i can back that up im formally a nurse and though my a+p was adequate but omg the detail we are having to learn to ahhh! would recommend you definitly complete a2
Reply 381
chris_boyson
yeh, the places im applying to dont require it to A2. So hopefully i will get at least one offer! thanks

where are you applying?
Hey there.

I am really interested in the job situation at the moment in the NHS. Does anyone think it's time to look else where for jobs? :confused:

Or is it gonna be okay by the time we all graduate etc? :smile:

I just saw these stories on Therapy Weekly:

http://www.therapyweekly.co.uk/nav?page=therapy.news.story&resource=5810625

And this one too:http://www.therapyweekly.co.uk/nav?page=therapy.analysis.story&resource=5821279

What do you guys think?

Fuzzy Bear
Thanks for all your advice guys but the reason why i am not doing the full A2 Biology is because we're not doing human bio! I hate the plants stuff etc. where as i love the human part. There is no chance of doing human bio at my school! My application has been sent and i am hoping for at least one offer!

Thanks again! If you have anymore advice (and good lucks) it/they will be greatfully recieved:biggrin:
Reply 384
chris_boyson
Thanks for all your advice guys but the reason why i am not doing the full A2 Biology is because we're not doing human bio! I hate the plants stuff etc. where as i love the human part. There is no chance of doing human bio at my school! My application has been sent and i am hoping for at least one offer!

Thanks again! If you have anymore advice (and good lucks) it/they will be greatfully recieved:biggrin:

what uni's are you applying to?
Reply 385
chris_boyson

Yea what uni is only accepting AS biology i though A2 biology was compulsory? but hey good luck!!:smile:
Reply 386
hey guys hasnt been much talk so i thought i would say hi!! hope everyone that is on placement is enjoying themselves and anyone that is in their first year are having a good time!! :smile:
Reply 387
Hey people, im new so thought i'd post my story and see what you think about my chances

I applied for Physiotherapy last year and got 2 offers from Liverpool (BBB) and Coventry (BBB) but i got A(sport science) B (drama) and C (biology) and therefore failed to get a place. So ive taken a year out to improve my Biology grade, in February im going to Ghana for 3 months to volunteer and help with the physiotherpay out there...Ive done boat loads of work experciance and feel my ps is fairly strong. But Im a bit anxiuos about not getting any offers as i am retaking Biology but just trying to concentrate on the Bio atm

I applied for...

Leeds Met
Liverpool
Southampton
KCL
UWE
Nottingham

Thanks

Si
Reply 388
simon88
Hey people, im new so thought i'd post my story and see what you think about my chances

I applied for Physiotherapy last year and got 2 offers from Liverpool (BBB) and Coventry (BBB) but i got A(sport science) B (drama) and C (biology) and therefore failed to get a place. So ive taken a year out to improve my Biology grade, in February im going to Ghana for 3 months to volunteer and help with the physiotherpay out there...Ive done boat loads of work experciance and feel my ps is fairly strong. But Im a bit anxiuos about not getting any offers as i am retaking Biology but just trying to concentrate on the Bio atm

I applied for...

Leeds Met
Liverpool
Southampton
KCL
UWE
Nottingham

Thanks

Si

well get your Bio up to a B and i think you stand a strong chance with ABB grades. Most places offer BBB so to be above this will stand you in good stead
Reply 389
Any tips on how to master the sit to stand, and stand to sit muscle movements, step up and step down. The raeson I ask is becasue they have really messed up my head.

Cheers
Reply 390
Please could you allow me thread, I am Studying physio at Salford uni and it is my first year, may be I can share some of my experiences with others.

Cheers
Reply 391
abby2
Please could you allow me thread, I am Studying physio at Salford uni and it is my first year, may be I can share some of my experiences with others.

Cheers

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=6559237#post6559237 here's the link to your own thread :smile:
Reply 392
Heeey! Haven't been on the forum in ages. They've got us working hard at Notts...crazy amount of stuff to learn, but loving the people and it is interesting. Got a number of different bones spread out on my floor at the minute, which are alarming my block-mates...!
Reply 393
simon88

I applied for...

Leeds Met
Liverpool
Southampton
KCL
UWE
Nottingham

Thanks

Si

It might be a good idea to email the admissions tutors at the unis that offered you a physio place last year and explain that you are re-taking your biology a-level, and ask whether they would be receptive to another application from you this year. After all, they must have been impressed with your application the first time, and a C is not a bad grade - it's very feasible that you can get it up to a B.

It might sound obvious, but don't waste your choices applying to universities that didn't offer you a place the first time around. There's a lot to be said for approaching admissions tutors at unis you are thinking of applying to, explaining your situation, and asking whether they would be likely to consider you - but if you send emails, please remember to spell check them first!

Above all, remain positive. You're obviously using the extra year to extend your knowledge and experience of physiotherapy, so make use of this in your personal statement - and try to nail those biology grades. It took me a couple of gos to get the grade, and the unis I applied to didn't hold it against me, so it can be done.
Reply 394
hi i was wondering if any one new of some good anatomy flash cards to buy
just to help remember origins and insertions and muscle action.

Thanks!
Reply 395
JDJ
hi i was wondering if any one new of some good anatomy flash cards to buy
just to help remember origins and insertions and muscle action.

Thanks!

http://www.harcourt-international.com/catalogue/title.cfm?ISBN=0323034527 tghese are the ones I have - fab!
Reply 396

www.getbodysmart.com is pretty useful too
Reply 397

thanks very much, they look good!
Reply 398
Just 2 let you guys know:
I applied to 6 universities for physiotherapy DEFERRED ENTRY:
Oxford brookes
Southampton
Plymouth
St George's
Keele
Brighton
having acheived 5a*s 4 a's 1 b and a C (in french lol) in my GCSE's and 4a's in chem, bio, geology and critical thinking in my AS levels with 2.5 years work experience in a nursing home, an amazing reference (even if tht does sound slightly stuck up) and personal statement. Voluntary work in my local Oxfam AND work experience in my local hospital shadowing a physiotherapist which was all in writing. You'd think id stand as good a chance as ne1 in getting into physiotherapy
WRONG
I was rejected from southampton also having attended a summer school there
Because... I'm doing deferred entry and they cannot garantee places for 2008 because they can't guarantee funding from the NHS
so.... If you're still applying don't tick deferred entry
The reason i was doing deferred was explained in my personal statement
Reply 399
megmogz
Just 2 let you guys know:
I applied to 6 universities for physiotherapy DEFERRED ENTRY:
Oxford brookes
Southampton
Plymouth
St George's
Keele
Brighton
having acheived 5a*s 4 a's 1 b and a C (in french lol) in my GCSE's and 4a's in chem, bio, geology and critical thinking in my AS levels with 2.5 years work experience in a nursing home, an amazing reference (even if tht does sound slightly stuck up) and personal statement. Voluntary work in my local Oxfam AND work experience in my local hospital shadowing a physiotherapist which was all in writing. You'd think id stand as good a chance as ne1 in getting into physiotherapy
WRONG
I was rejected from southampton also having attended a summer school there
Because... I'm doing deferred entry and they cannot garantee places for 2008 because they can't guarantee funding from the NHS
so.... If you're still applying don't tick deferred entry
The reason i was doing deferred was explained in my personal statement

This will not be the case for all uni's - don't let it stop you from applying for deferred entry. Jsut cos that;s the case for Southampton doesn't mean it'll be the same everywhere. I know Georges don't usually have problems with students applying for deferred entry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending