The Student Room Group

Official Physiotherapy Student Society Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
JackieS
Congrats! Thats fab!

Speaking of dissertations, I better go start downloading some journals!

What you doing it on?

Just to make you really jealous- I officially finish in 7 weeks!!!:biggrin: Just wish I had a job to go to!:rolleyes:

Well done everyone that got thier places on Physio:biggrin:
Reply 781
SamJL
What you doing it on?

Just to make you really jealous- I officially finish in 7 weeks!!!:biggrin: Just wish I had a job to go to!:rolleyes:

Well done everyone that got thier places on Physio:biggrin:
oh shush you! lol

Our official title was "Does a 6-week community confidence group improve self-efficacy in patients following stroke. A retrospective study". Although I think its going to change slight - but effectively we're analysing if a community group improves self-efficacy in stroke patients. Very interesting - lots of bandura! lol

Have you been looking at Jobs? Or are you waiting till you're officially done?
Blimey - that's an interestign angle, I used lots of Bandura when I was doing teacher training!

Internal and external loci of control

*removes geek specs*
Reply 783
iainmacn
Blimey - that's an interestign angle, I used lots of Bandura when I was doing teacher training!

Internal and external loci of control

*removes geek specs*
Yup - thats what we're gonna have to write about lol
Reply 784
JackieS
oh shush you! lol

Our official title was "Does a 6-week community confidence group improve self-efficacy in patients following stroke. A retrospective study". Although I think its going to change slight - but effectively we're analysing if a community group improves self-efficacy in stroke patients. Very interesting - lots of bandura! lol

Have you been looking at Jobs? Or are you waiting till you're officially done?

God that sounds complicated!

Well I haven't started yet as most of the jobs that come up say you need to be HPC registered before applying (we don't get that till early Nov) so it's a bit pointless now....but I am going to give my CV into the place I'm on placement now as they're going to be looking for bank staff in a few months so fingers crossed!:rolleyes:

Oh the fun!
Reply 785
SamJL
God that sounds complicated!

Well I haven't started yet as most of the jobs that come up say you need to be HPC registered before applying (we don't get that till early Nov) so it's a bit pointless now....but I am going to give my CV into the place I'm on placement now as they're going to be looking for bank staff in a few months so fingers crossed!:rolleyes:

Oh the fun!
is it sad that I've already been downloading job descriptions and personal specs so I can start writing my personal spec?! lol
good luck Sam!

Just taken my acceptance of a place form into George's and given it to the admin person so it's all official now :biggrin:
Reply 787
iainmacn
good luck Sam!

Just taken my acceptance of a place form into George's and given it to the admin person so it's all official now :biggrin:
excellent! See you in 4 weeks and 6 days lol
Reply 788
Hello,
I am thinking of studying Physio in uni. I have just got back my AS results AAA: BIOLOGY, MATHS, ENGLISH.I just want to ask a few questions. I was wondering if you need to have a very big passion in sports? As I dont lol quite the opposite. But I am interested in strokes, cystic fibrosis the health and disease factors? Does the course content contain this? I know this is also lol a very shrewed question but.. I was also wondering how good the salary is for physiotherapists? Anyone who can give me an insight some main back ground knowledge. thankyou very much for any help :smile: (btw i am using my friend Malaz ID for anyone confused )
malaz_197
Hello,
I am thinking of studying Physio in uni. I have just got back my AS results AAA: BIOLOGY, MATHS, ENGLISH.I just want to ask a few questions. I was wondering if you need to have a very big passion in sports? As I dont lol quite the opposite. But I am interested in strokes, cystic fibrosis the health and disease factors? Does the course content contain this? I know this is also lol a very shrewed question but.. I was also wondering how good the salary is for physiotherapists? Anyone who can give me an insight some main back ground knowledge. thankyou very much for any help :smile: (btw i am using my friend Malaz ID for anyone confused )

The vast majority of physios couldn't care about sports. The rest of your questions can be answered on the nhs careers website. As for salaries the point is to actually get a job first!
Reply 790
malaz_197
Hello,
you've already posted this in another thread - there really is no need to post twice. See your other thread for answers
Reply 791
I say a band 5 job advertised today. One of the essential requirements on the person spec was that you had a First Class classification!!!!! *runs away to start revising!*
Reply 792
JackieS
I say a band 5 job advertised today. One of the essential requirements on the person spec was that you had a First Class classification!!!!! *runs away to start revising!*

Ouch(!) Only problem is, some of the unis don't mark placements...so surely a first class degree is going to mean different levels of competence depending on where you did it?
Reply 793
swiftuk
Ouch(!) Only problem is, some of the unis don't mark placements...so surely a first class degree is going to mean different levels of competence depending on where you did it?
well yes. But to be honest I think they're doing it in order to limit the number of people who apply (as the number of people who get a first is quite small, most get a 2:1) so it means they have to sort through less applicants, considering they are getting 400/500 applicants per post at the moment, rather than becuass they think someone with a first is more competent
Reply 794
On a completely unrelated non physio topic I just liked to tell everyone I met Orlando Bloo at work today and he is a total hunk lol
Reply 795
JackieS
is it sad that I've already been downloading job descriptions and personal specs so I can start writing my personal spec?! lol

:eek: god you're keen! I haven't even thought about doing that yet.....any tips?!! Must start that task soon though....I HATE personal statements!!:mad:

Just finished another placement, stroke rehab- it was fab!....one more to go:wink:
Reply 796
SamJL
:eek: god you're keen! I haven't even thought about doing that yet.....any tips?!! Must start that task soon though....I HATE personal statements!!:mad:

Just finished another placement, stroke rehab- it was fab!....one more to go:wink:
yes - download all band 5 posts even if they're not rotational! I just thought I'd do it because if they wnated specific things I could try doing them in my remaining placements..........I saw one the other day that wanted someone who had audit experience.................so guess what I' going to be trying to get in on when I'm on placement next?! lol
Reply 797
JackieS
yes - download all band 5 posts even if they're not rotational! I just thought I'd do it because if they wnated specific things I could try doing them in my remaining placements..........I saw one the other day that wanted someone who had audit experience.................so guess what I' going to be trying to get in on when I'm on placement next?! lol

I know, some of them are so demanding, especially when it comes to having done placements in specific areas- don't they know we can't choose what placements we get?!:confused:
Reply 798
SamJL
I know, some of them are so demanding, especially when it comes to having done placements in specific areas- don't they know we can't choose what placements we get?!:confused:
yeah I know, its stupid!
Reply 799
speaking of personal statements Jackie I almost had a nervous breakdown yesterday over mine:eek:

I got home at 5pm, there was a letter from my last placement saying they're having bank physio interviews in a couple of weeks and if I wanted to be considered I needed to fill out the application form and send it back by 12 midday tomorrow:eek: So I spent all last night on my personal statement (from 8 until 12:30!), and nearly had a complete meltdown over it! I sent it back special delivery (before 9am- £9.35!!!) in the hope it arrives on time....God I can't face this performance every time a job comes up!!

I've truly never written such a load of rubbish in a personal statement in my life- I'm sure I didn't include half of the stuff I needed to! But then I planned on spending ages doing it over several days/weeks....let this be a lesson to you- get it ready early!:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending