The Student Room Group

Talking to someone you've met once?

i go to a girls school so i dont know many guys. but one id met once and text regularly i saw for about an hour a few days ago when i went to harrow to see him and he was with his friend, who i thought was really funny and cool so i want to get to know him better. he goes to a boys school so he probably doesnt see many girls either.
were friends on fb and i want to start a conversation but i didnt talk much when i met him because id just got braces which weere rubbing so it kinda hurt to talk. so he probably doesnt like me much.
i liked his status once but he didn't acknowledge that and didnt like anything of mine so... shall i talk to him or not?
Reply 1
Send him a message or casually write on his wall asking him how he is?
I dont understand how people over think these things...
Reply 3
I have similar problem: a girl I met at a varsity match in Norwich - each of us compete for the two opposite teams involved in this multi-varsity games event. We met and had some fun together in the UEA's LCR after the end of all sports and after the announcements of the official result has been announced.

I knew how to stop her from bantering me in an unpleasant way (UEA hit Essex really hard at this multi sport varsity event) because of Essex's defeat. I told her that I wished to continue my studies at UEA (which is the truth) and that I have had this desire for more than a year at that time. She then was pleased to hear that; so pleased that she cuddled me a few times. We have added each other as friends on Facebook.

I did write on her wall indeed the next day to remind her of the funny moment we've experienced when I gave her my Essex Blades hoodie for a minute as she requested. She did not respond, nor did she like what I wrote on her wall. Then I tried to chit-chat with her on FB but then she went offline (it could not be her fault, it could simply be that her internet was down or that she wasn't really on FB). I am not sure what happens.

What can I do? Keep trying to chat or write on her wall? I don't wanna provoke her to remove me from her friends list.
I would just start an online chat, what's the worst that can happen? Just keep things casual, asking how he is and what he's upto. Hopefully the conversation will flow but obviously the advantage of talking online is that you have time to prepare what you're going to say. I honestly wouldn't read anything into the fact you liked his status and he didn't respond too by the way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending