The Student Room Group

Girls lose interest in me

Like on dating apps but also sometimes IRL as in when I've met girl, struck up a conversation; got their socials and then talk, like maybe we meet up once or twice but no mention of a relationship and I find myself either ghosted, or removed/blocked. Don't know what I'm doing wrong or if I've just been unlucky in finding women who don't want anything serious?
Maybe they are not ready for a relationship. Maybe one to two times of meeting isn’t the best for them. Get to know someone a bit longer before even thinking about a relationship as it helps get less disappointed. You will find the right person when your ready
Original post by Anonymous
Like on dating apps but also sometimes IRL as in when I've met girl, struck up a conversation; got their socials and then talk, like maybe we meet up once or twice but no mention of a relationship and I find myself either ghosted, or removed/blocked. Don't know what I'm doing wrong or if I've just been unlucky in finding women who don't want anything serious?

Alright, before someone else tries to say it, I want to stress that this is almost certainly NOT, i repeat NOT about your looks, OK? If it was about your looks, chances are you wouldn't get past the first hurdle (they wouldn't talk to you at all and would've ignored you from the get-go).

I'm willing to bet a large wager that it's more likely to be one of the following:-

1) You've said or done something that's inadvertently put her off you, (e.g. you've come across as either desperate or creepy)
2) You've said or done something that shows you're incompatible or not the guy she thought you were (this can be something completely innocent; even something as small as saying you hate Love Island or whatever)
3) You've not picked up on something she's specifically said... and that shows that you don't listen to her
4) Maybe you're coming on too strong and scaring her off
5) She's talking to a few other guys as well as you... and in that time, one of them has shown he's a better catch than the rest, so she's pursuing things with him
6) Maybe she just needed an ego boost, now she's got one, she can't be asked to chat to you.

Also, when talking IRL, remember not to talk to her chest... she's clocking EVERY TIME you're looking and when you get past a certain number, you're just another creepy purvey guy she can't wait to get away from. If you're naturally quite a horny guy, it may be an idea to have a *ahem* "Tactical Tug" before your date, so sex isn't on the brain 24/7 (see There's Something About Mary (1998) for further details :wink: )

It's by no means a definitive answer, but hopefully this gives you a few ideas to think about
(edited 6 months ago)
Because you're not goodlooking so they're not interested

What a surprise!

Standard answer by an incel who's never actually spoken to a real woman :rolleyes:
Reply 4
Like on dating apps but also sometimes IRL as in when I've met girl, struck up a conversation; got their socials and then talk, like maybe we meet up once or twice but no mention of a relationship

Why do you think a girl is going to be talking about getting into relationship with you when it's only your first or second date? She doesn't know you well enough at that point to make that kind of decision, that's why you're dating, to find out if you're compatible!

I dated someone for 3 months before we got into a relationship; maybe your problem is you are coming over as desperate. Maybe there's just no chemistry between you; at some point they'll be a girl who likes you but you don't want to take things further with her and then you'll understand. Like I say on here, you don't become friends with everybody you meet, so why would every girl you meet fancy you?
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Surnia
Why do you think a girl is going to be talking about getting into relationship with you when it's only your first or second date? She doesn't know you well enough at that point to make that kind of decision, that's why you're dating, to find out if you're compatible!

I dated someone for 3 months before we got into a relationship; maybe your problem is you are coming over as desperate. Maybe there's just no chemistry between you; at some point they'll be a girl who likes you but you don't want to take things further with her and then you'll understand. Like I say on here, you don't become friends with everybody you meet, so why would every girl you meet fancy you?

No I'm saying I don't make a mention of a relationship !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending