The Student Room Group

Haven't seen my friends for weeks/months. They never want to do anything.

Hey,

I keep trying to arrange things with my friends but they never want to do it. They're all either 'busy' or say they can't afford. They go out every weekend in town but I really don't want to go out right now (my mum died last year and I got bad panic attacks just after she died. They went away but they've come back badly the past month or so).

I miss them so much - I feel like I have no friends and like they just don't want to see me. I don't even feel like I have anybody to talk to anymore and they don't know the real reason why I'm not up for going out so they think I'm just being boring.

I'm really fed up :frown: I feel so lonely especially when I try and arrange things time after time and all the replies I get back are a 'no'. I've told them I miss them and they say if I wanted to see them that much then I'd go out or drink with them before they go out and then go home but I can't think of anything worse than sitting with my friends whilst they all get drunk and then I just go home.
time for some new friends perhaps?
My friends stop talking to me because I called one of them fake and the others took his side. I just haven't got time for drama so I just left them and try to make other friends most of whom are awesome. When you make your life about your friends, you just set yourself up for disappointment. Always put yourself first and don't do anything you don't want to. I suggest you get out and meet other people, maybe one day our paths will cross and we'll become good friends!
Reply 2
I just don't get why they won't meet up to do anything that isn't going out in town :frown: I aren't going to do anything I don't want to do - my mums death has made me realise not to do that as anything can happen. I just want my friends back :frown:
Reply 3
Wait until they all have GF's at least you get texts back! What i would say is new friends. I went through similiar when i was younger. I now have two groups of friends. My original group of friends have grown up finally. But my best friends are the friends i have known for 3 years, not the ones i have known for 10+ years, sad but true
(edited 12 years ago)
Aw, that's not a great situation..I'm sorry, I don't really have anything useful to say. Ask them to come over and chill at yours? That's free, they can't complain about that surely..
Reply 5
Am I best off just not arranging anything else do you think? Even though I do miss them, they don't seem bothered about seeing me so I don't want them to think it's funny or anything :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending