The Student Room Group

Queen Mary's vs Brunel vs City

hey, just wanted to know overall what uni is better?
I think i'm leaning more towards QM, as it's got a better law department and its part of UoL. But Brunel, offers a sandwich course so I get a work placement, but its lower in the league tables. And City I don't know much a about except the social life is poor!
what are your views? If you had to choose between them where would you go, need help!!:smile:
QM or Brunel in my opinion! :smile:
Reply 2
but which ONE? loll
sorry to sound a bit off, but i'm so confused, as I think i'm gonna get rejected from ucl/kings, so looks like it's gonna av to be one of these!:frown:
Hmmm. Why do you think you'll be rejected? AAAA at AS is excellent, assuming the rest of the application is in order. Well, I would choose QM for law, although I do like Brunel for some reason. I wouldn't choose City. King's has a very decent reputation for law as does UCL - UCL having the slightly better all-round repuatation, IMHO.

Good luck with the other two London universities :smile:
Reply 4
i have heard about a problem at Brunel - racial segregration. i have tried to get more information about the problem but i can't at the moment. since it is mainly ethnic, it is putting me off applying there because i am not ethnic. it's a ridiculous problem but i'm not sure quite how severe it is
Reply 5
QMUL definitely- hands down.

you got AAAA at AS and if you have decent GCSE's (like a good number of A*'s, A's and probably not more than a couple of grades lower than A) then you should stand a pretty good chance of getting an offer from KCL, providing you have a strong ref and strong PS.

KCL seems easy enough to get an offer from provided you have an academically strong application. They give out lots of offers.
Reply 6
^ thanks for that guys,
btw at reloaded - My background is Indian, but I was born in London, but I would like to meet lot's of people from different backgrounds not just indian! I was leaning more towards QM anyway.

And to redroadkill and fuglyduckling - my a/s grades were good, but my gcse's were preety ****!! (3b's6c's) so that's why I doubt i'll get an offer from kings/ucl! Let's hope I will, but I think my chances are slim tbh!
Ah - I see. King's' speciality is Law. I would personally be tempted to phone up and speak to someone in the law department who handles admissions - you run the risk of pissing them off, but it could just as easily go the other way. (If you are polite, and explain that you have rung because you are really taken by King's and would like to explain why your GCSEs are, perhaps, not indicative of your potential, or typical of what King's would expect from a student, so as to maximise your chance of studying at King's next year.) I think if you come across as eager, sharp, and polite, you may do well :smile:
Reply 8
yes you will struggle with 3 B's and 6 C's though it's not an impossibility.
Reply 9
I'd definately go for QM out of all those unis. The sandwich course at Brunel is good but you'll have better job prospects after completing a degree at QM. Also instead of the sandwich course, you could always do some work experience at a law firm in your holidays if you went to QM. Your GCSEs are a drawback but your AS grades/ precited A-level grades are really good so theres still hope for offers from Kings/ UCL. What subjects did you do for AS and which ones are you carrying on to A2?
Reply 10
i applied Kings- my gcses are **** 2A 5B 2C, AS-ABBC and predictions are AAB would i stand a chance of geting an offer from kings??

ive applied soas,kings,queen mary,city,warick :s and leeds...... wht now where would i get offer?
i would really want to go kings or soas if not then?
Reply 11
^^^ i won't lie to you, you will struggle to get offers from KCL, Warwick and Leeds wit your academic history and predicted academic performance.

I don't know how you'd fair regards SOAS, City or QMUL but methinks all 3 will be very competitive.
Reply 12
Definitely QMUL, City then Brunel.
richie_009
i applied Kings- my gcses are **** 2A 5B 2C, AS-ABBC and predictions are AAB would i stand a chance of geting an offer from kings??

ive applied soas,kings,queen mary,city,warick :s and leeds...... wht now where would i get offer?
i would really want to go kings or soas if not then?

you got all the ame as me, except you got better as grades. i got offers from city and qmul so im sure you will too

Latest

Trending

Trending