The Student Room Group

Exeter vs QMuL Medicine

Hi,
I've gotten offers from Queen Mary University of London and Exeter to study medicine (undergraduate), and I'm torn between the two.
I didn't expect to get a QMuL offer so Exeter was always my first choice but now I don't know.
I always thought I didn't enjoy big cities like London but from recent experiences, I am reconsidering this view. The cost of living in London also makes me a bit worried because I don't feel like I would be able to afford a decent standard of living after Year 1 free accommodation at QMuL, since student accommodation is expensive in London (or so I've heard).
In terms of the course structure, I enjoy both so that's not a big worry for me. But a lot of people told me that QMuL is just the better university (i assume they say this because of rankings)
Also, I've heard that QMuL give offers to a lot of graduate students, so I'm worried that if I'm in the first year with a bunch of Bio-Chemistry graduates, I'll fall behind rapidly and it will take a toll on my mental health.
If anyone has advice on the cost of living thing or the graduate thing, advice would be sincerely appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending