The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1040
Original post by karina71291
thanks so much for your reply. yeah cambridge too, i have no clue if they've even received my documents!

Haha, at least Cambridge has an online tracker at all (Oxford does not). So you can check whether or not a decision has been made ;-)...but what degree did you apply for at Cambridge? There is no Marketing programme at Judge, right? At least I do not know anybody who studies Marketing here :confused:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 1041
Hi guys,

I have not applied through UCAS -- because i am a postgraduate applicant-- so i only received st. Andrews portal website address by email. when I log in, only thing i see is the message box and financial aid info. And nothing about application information.

Help? -- how do I track my application? - what is the website address?

Thanks so much!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1042
Original post by Sappho
See, I checked my Track ALL the time! And the one time I was waiting for an important e-mail, I went to my inbox first and BANG there was the track update :wink: That's when I got into St Andrews :tongue:

What is the tracking website? I only see inbox and financial aid boxes.
Are those the only two thing in tracking site?
--if it is its so useless...
Reply 1043
Original post by olleh88

Sadly, no. What we had was UCAS Track, which only works if you've applied through the UCAS system. So I suspect you won't have any kind of tracking system for your application, but that you should be getting updates about the decision of your application. My guess is that you will either be told via email their offer, or that they will email you to check the online webpage.

I hope that helps! Good luck! :smile:
Reply 1044
Original post by olleh88

You should have received an email from postgrad admissions with the title "Confirmation email on application". This one includes the link to your tracking page. And there you can navigate to your application, the application status is displayed right at the top of the page. :wink:
Reply 1045
Original post by chinaberry
x

There's an R missing in the last line of Goethe's poem in your signature :wink:
Reply 1046
Original post by stookie
Haha, at least Cambridge has an online tracker at all (Oxford does not). So you can check whether or not a decision has been made ;-)...but what degree did you apply for at Cambridge? There is no Marketing programme at Judge, right? At least I do not know anybody who studies Marketing here :confused:

do you have any idea how competetive cambridge and oxford are for postgrad? i was wondering because it says they want a cv! i mean ive only been at school and unversity, am i suppose to have worked as well to get into a masters?! do you think you have a better chance than undergraD?
Reply 1047
Original post by adobe
do you have any idea how competetive cambridge and oxford are for postgrad? i was wondering because it says they want a cv! i mean ive only been at school and unversity, am i suppose to have worked as well to get into a masters?! do you think you have a better chance than undergraD?

First of all, if you have further questions about Cambridge postgrad, then please PM...as we should not spam the St. Andrews thread :smile:

But as you asked (and as probably many postgrad applicants at St. Andrews also applied to Cambridge): It really depends on the subject. For some subjects they only look at applicants who had a first in their undergrad, other departments accept 2:1s. The same with the admission rate...in my course (MPhil Finance) it was around 3% for this year, in less popular courses the rate can be even 50%. You can get an idea of the offer and admission rates for the courses you're interested in here: http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/univ/camdata/postgraduate.html

Also, I can only tell you that for my program they mainly looked at grades, as they only accept people with a first. So they checked this requirement first and only after that considered other factors. I'm pretty sure that for every program (at Cambridge and everywhere else) it is an advantage to have relevant work experience, but unless it is listed as a formal requirement for your course, you should also have a chance to get in without work experience if you have a great profile apart from that. It is always the whole picture they look at with grades probably being the most important at Cambridge.
Original post by Sappho
There's an R missing in the last line of Goethe's poem in your signature :wink:

Oh yes, I noticed that myself and double checked, but I copied it word for word from a book, so I think...it's just meant to be :smile: what do you think of it?
Like your name, by the way!
Reply 1049
Original post by joshwhitley
anybody had an offer from chemistry yet?

No, but I have an invitation to a visit day in February.
Original post by rr52
No, but I have an invitation to a visit day in February.

are you going on the 18th?
Reply 1051
Original post by chinaberry
Oh yes, I noticed that myself and double checked, but I copied it word for word from a book, so I think...it's just meant to be :smile: what do you think of it?
Like your name, by the way!

Should be a misprint in the book then? But even if Johann Wolfgang misspelled the word, I doubt he'd support that we copy the mistake :tongue:

I like the poem. What is it from? Reminds me of a list we once got in our German lessons "A Reader's Rights", among which was the "Right not to Read". I wonder whether we have the right not to read people. Or the right not to be read. This is quite off topic :wink: PM me if you fancy a chat :smile:
Hi, hoping to apply for economics at the university of st andrews.

I'm looking at the guidebook and I'm unable to discern what the difference between a MA and a BSc in Economics is... is the BSc math based?

I'm hoping to submit my application this week, so some help would be much appreciated!
Original post by mynameismack

I'm looking at the guidebook and I'm unable to discern what the difference between a MA and a BSc in Economics is... is the BSc math based?

I'm hoping to submit my application this week, so some help would be much appreciated!

You may be a bit late in applying as UCAS deadline was 2 weeks ago. I would contact the department and ask for further clarification and also if they will even consider your application.
I have just seen the UCAS statistics published today and applications to St Andrews have increased by a whopping 17%. I wonder if this is due to the lower fees there and no fees for Scottish students.
I went to St Andrews myself.

No, they are the same except one is in the arts faculty and the other the science faculty. The difference lies between what extra subjects you pick up in 1st and 2nd year. If you're more of a sciency and mathsy person, then do the BSc. If you're more into arts/essays/languages/etc, then do the MA.

Original post by Mulligan
You may be a bit late in applying as UCAS deadline was 2 weeks ago. I would contact the department and ask for further clarification and also if they will even consider your application.
I have just seen the UCAS statistics published today and applications to St Andrews have increased by a whopping 17%. I wonder if this is due to the lower fees there and no fees for Scottish students.

You got a link for these stats?
Reply 1056

Could have to do with the Royal Wedding :wink:

I have just seen the UCAS statistics published today and applications to St Andrews have increased by a whopping 17%.

This has made me go from 95% to 150% sure that I will be rejected.

I'm applying directly as a Canadian international student... will I be okay?
I'm applying directly as a Canadian international student... will I be okay?

Ah - I imagine that is different then if you are not applying through UCAS. I'd get in touch as soon as possible though as I imagine they are sorting out offers at the moment. The only people who have offers are international applicants so far.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending