The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Is it only that very few people post to this thread, or they really aren't giving out too many offers yet in St Andrews? I don't understand, it would definitely be my firm choice, but I haven't heard about anyone with offers OR rejections for Management. I've been waiting for soo long, and it would really be nice to hear back from them around this time of the year.
(edited 12 years ago)
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
I'd say we're not more than 1% of all applicants - an internet forum isn't really representative :rolleyes:

Original post by andras
Is it only that very few people post to this thread, or they really aren't giving out too many offers yet in St Andrews? I don't understand, it would definitely be my firm choice, but I haven't heard about anyone with offers OR rejections for Management. I've been waiting for soo long, and it would really be nice to hear back from them around this time of the year.
Reply 1782
Original post by Phia7
I'd say we're not more than 1% of all applicants - an internet forum isn't really representative :rolleyes:

I hope this is the case. Yet it would be reassuring to see people bombarding the thread with posts like 'I have an offer'... I know I have to wait, but it is almost mid-March, and nothing seems to happen. :frown:
Reply 1783
I was rejected yesterday for International Relations, not really upset but kinda disappointed. Good luck to everyone else though, I still think St Andrews is lovely!
Still haven't heard anything back. :frown: Boo.
Original post by bonesbones
just got rejected for English and French, sadly. it's a bizarre feeling, having all of your hopes and dreams dashed the very instant you see that "Unsuccessful" on your choices page.

now to decide whether to take a gap year and reapply or go to a university where I probably won't be content! woo

Best of luck in the future! :smile:
I'm sure everything will work out for you. :jumphug::jumphug::lovehug:
Reply 1786
has anyone heard back for Economics-Philosophy yet? I'm actually stressing out with not hearing back!
Rejection for History.

AS Levels AAAB(1 mark off an A)
A2 Predictions A*A*A

Good Personal statement and References.

Not quite sure why I was rejected really but guess it just wasnt to be!
Original post by Foghorn Leghorn
As much as I like physics, I think i'd be better off doing engineering career wise and bath is got a really good reputation for electronic and electrical engineering. Also I fancy a change, I've lived in scotland all my life and i feel I should "spread my wings" a bit. Ok it's only southern england but it's a start.

Just leaving for St. As is a stretch for me.
Reply 1789
Original post by Worriedstudent1893
has anyone heard back for history of art??

Hi, I've been waiting ages for a reply too (I applied in November).
I emailed the admissions department yesterday and they told me that my application is still being considered and a reply could take up till March 31st! The wait is slowly killing me, especially since I've received offers from my others unis!
Good luck!
Original post by Barrack Obama
That sucks! I'm still waiting :s What were your predictions?

I am predicted all distinctions; currently doing an access course.

They said I was in competition with people who are academically better than me :frown:
Reply 1791
Original post by skrail
has anyone heard back for Economics-Philosophy yet? I'm actually stressing out with not hearing back!

I have, got an unconditional on Monday.
Original post by ecknight
Hi, I've been waiting ages for a reply too (I applied in November).
I emailed the admissions department yesterday and they told me that my application is still being considered and a reply could take up till March 31st! The wait is slowly killing me, especially since I've received offers from my others unis!
Good luck!

I applied in October and the worst part is that I don't really think I'll get an offer and waiting SO LONG for a rejection is kind of depressing...
On verge of mental breakdown. Trying not to get my hopes up too much but it's hard not to! Especially when it's my absoloute dream uni and there are people with offers who aren't all that bothered and aren't going to take them up... they don't know how fortunate they are!
Reply 1794
Original post by skrail

I got an offer as well back in october. where else did u apply?
Reply 1795
Original post by jemowkd
I got an offer as well back in october. where else did u apply?

LSE. York. Oxford. SOAS. tbh I don't really want to study phil and econ anymore, but its just the stress of not knowing anything

Edit: why on earth has this been negged?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1796
Original post by mora94
I have, got an unconditional on Monday.

have you completed your a levels/ whatever qualifications your doing?
Reply 1797
Original post by beamie
I was rejected yesterday for International Relations, not really upset but kinda disappointed. Good luck to everyone else though, I still think St Andrews is lovely!

Sorry to hear about that :/ I've also applied for IR still waiting...and waiting
Original post by KCosmo
The EU and UK applications aren't considered in isolation though. International students only compete against other internationals, but UK and EU students all compete against each other for the places. The reason that there is roughly the same number of EU students to UK students is because St Andrew's is very well known internationally, so lots of EU students apply.

Ahhh right. That explains a lot :smile: Thanks for clarifying!
Original post by Foghorn Leghorn
As much as I like physics, I think i'd be better off doing engineering career wise and bath is got a really good reputation for electronic and electrical engineering. Also I fancy a change, I've lived in scotland all my life and i feel I should "spread my wings" a bit. Ok it's only southern england but it's a start.

I'm trying to decide between St A and Bath at the moment. Other than the course, did you like it at Bath? I love my course but the atmosophere was really unfriendly and, dare I say it, stereotypically 'suthern england'... I'm just hoping that was bad luck and the place is actually quite nice...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending