The Student Room Group

Leeds Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3520
Original post by Leedsmedic2012
I presume you were interviewed?

Join the Facebook group x

For some reason I didn't have an interview, they just gave me the place. I'm not sure why that is, but the same thing happened to a friend last year.

It's for the 2013 entry though :smile:
i am going to medical school, i want to be a gynaecologist so i can see pussy everyday
Original post by TheDragonSlayer
i am going to medical school, i want to be a gynaecologist so i can see pussy everyday

With a comment like that. You must be gay.
Original post by rjane
For some reason I didn't have an interview, they just gave me the place. I'm not sure why that is, but the same thing happened to a friend last year.

It's for the 2013 entry though :smile:

Oh wow. How weird is that. Phone them just to check. I don't think they can take it off you now. But i'd phone and ask anyway x
Reply 3524
Original post by Leedsmedic2012
Oh wow. How weird is that. Phone them just to check. I don't think they can take it off you now. But i'd phone and ask anyway x

Well I got the email, and UCAS changed. I'm quite sure they gave me a place haha..
Original post by rjane
Well I got the email, and UCAS changed. I'm quite sure they gave me a place haha..

Well that's great news. Pleased for you. See you in September 2013 then :smile: x
Original post by *Funky-buddha*
I'd like to reassure people who don't think they're good enough for Leeds, that I, a total disaster and mediocre student currently have it as my firm, so seriously don't let anything, anyone says stop you from giving it a shot if you want to go there.
If I can get an offer, probably by sheer mix up/miracle then so can anyone.

Hey there, what were your GCSEs and Alevel predictions? :smile:
Congratulations, btw :smile:
Original post by bethalex
i am definately, went to the 2011 open day on 25th june and loved it, it is currently on a par with newcastle for my number one choice :smile:

Woah, it will be my number one choice too. :smile: and btw, I won't write my AS grades down, because they haven't been certificated yet and won't be as I'll continue those three subjects to Alevel as well (and my school doesn't cash-in). So, am I at a disadvantage? My predictions are AAA, though.
Original post by Isometrix
Any questions, feel free to ask :h:

I won't write my AS grades down, because they havent been certificated yet and won't be as I'll continue those three subjects to Alevel (Additionally, my school doesnt cash-in). So, am I at a disadvantage? My predictions are AAA, though. I'd be really thankful if you reply back :smile:
Original post by mollie.harris
I won't write my AS grades down, because they havent been certificated yet and won't be as I'll continue those three subjects to Alevel (Additionally, my school doesnt cash-in). So, am I at a disadvantage? My predictions are AAA, though. I'd be really thankful if you reply back :smile:

Not at all, our school had the same policy! I don't know if things have changed, but medical applications back in 2009 only involved GCSEs and A2 predictions. No university (bar Oxbridge) really looked into your AS grades :smile:
Original post by Isometrix
Not at all, our school had the same policy! I don't know if things have changed, but medical applications back in 2009 only involved GCSEs and A2 predictions. No university (bar Oxbridge) really looked into your AS grades :smile:

I just hope so!
Thanks, mate! ^^
Where have we all gone for accommodation then, guys? Liking the look of Charles Morris myself, seeing as I can't cook anything beyond cheese on toast, and it's only 5 seconds from the Worsley building! :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I've gone for Central Village for the same reason that it is so close to worsley :smile:
Original post by JoeLatics
Where have we all gone for accommodation then, guys? Liking the look of Charles Morris myself, seeing as I can't cook anything beyond cheese on toast, and it's only 5 seconds from the Worsley building! :biggrin:

Im also thinking of charles morris, the storm jameson buildings look amazing! :smile: and i agree on the 5 minute thing, cant see myself waking any earlier than 10 minutes before lectures! hope to see you there

Have you applied for student finance, what did you put for the month the course ends?

also what have you put for term time address, if you haven't applied for accommodation yet?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Rachael2012
I've gone for Central Village for the same reason that it is so close to worsley :smile:

I love the idea of getting up at 8.55 and just rolling out of bed and into the lecture theater :biggrin:

Original post by jaydeedonuts
Im also thinking of charles morris, the storm jameson buildings look amazing! :smile: and i agree on the 5 minute thing, cant see myself waking any earlier than 10 minutes before lectures! hope to see you there

Have you applied for student finance, what did you put for the month the course ends?

also what have you put for term time address, if you haven't applied for accommodation yet?

Yeah, to be fair it was the only one I actually looked at on the Open Day (and I couldn't make the Accommodation day! :frown: ) but I did really like it! :smile:

Really wish I could be more useful with the Student Finance stuff, but it's been ages since I did it now (like literally a whole week! :wink: ) so I can't really remember what I put - I don't remember putting in a term time address though, and the course details should have been filled out for you if you linked up your UCAS account IIRC :smile:
Original post by JoeLatics
I love the idea of getting up at 8.55 and just rolling out of bed and into the lecture theater :biggrin:

Yeah, to be fair it was the only one I actually looked at on the Open Day (and I couldn't make the Accommodation day! :frown: ) but I did really like it! :smile:

Really wish I could be more useful with the Student Finance stuff, but it's been ages since I did it now (like literally a whole week! :wink: ) so I can't really remember what I put - I don't remember putting in a term time address though, and the course details should have been filled out for you if you linked up your UCAS account IIRC :smile:

I made the day but it confused me ever more. Tbh it doesn't matter where you stay, its the friends you make at your accommodation that make it good :smile:

No worries, ive done it now haha. minimum maintenance grant FTW!
Original post by jaydeedonuts
I made the day but it confused me ever more. Tbh it doesn't matter where you stay, its the friends you make at your accommodation that make it good :smile:

No worries, ive done it now haha. minimum maintenance grant FTW!

Yeah, I'm sure we'll be happy wherever we end up :-)

Who else got feedback from Leeds today?
Original post by Priyanka456
Who else got feedback from Leeds today?

Not me, how did you get it?
Original post by tomtom415
Not me, how did you get it?

Email. Yesterday morning. The feedback email was ridiculous btw. The way admissions dealt with things this year, i doubt they will even get 1000 applications next year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending