Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by lekky
Seems that way.

I like the sound of that! :biggrin:
Reply 21
Original post by JoeLatics
I like the sound of that! :biggrin:

Sorry read your question wrong - to me it read that 1K grant from NHS, and then the remaining 2,000-whatever loan
Reply 22
Original post by lekky
Sorry read your question wrong - to me it read that 1K grant from NHS, and then the remaining 2,000-whatever loan

So you get £1k for free (regardless of background), then £2k repayable?
Reply 23
So... if I'm starting Dietetics in September I miss out on £1000 non-means tested grant? :frown: That SUCKS. That would have really helped me this year... My loan (plus whatever bursary I get won't even cover my rent for the year). And then I have another 3 years of not getting it? I hope not..

I'm happy for people that get it though :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by JoeLatics
So you get £1k for free (regardless of background), then £2k repayable?

Yup
Original post by BethBeth
So... if I'm starting Dietetics in September I miss out on £1000 non-means tested grant? :frown: That SUCKS. That would have really helped me this year... My loan (plus whatever bursary I get won't even cover my rent for the year). And then I have another 3 years of not getting it? I hope not..

I'm happy for people that get it though :smile:

Defer?
Reply 26
great news for graduates especially! thats really really fantastic.
Reply 27
Original post by Subcutaneous
Defer?

I really don't want to :s-smilie: I'm already on a gap year at the moment ( I reapplied) and its the 4 year sandwich degree so I don't really want to wait another year... I will just have to get over it I suppose :tongue:

On another note, do you know when we will receive our bursary assessment? I got back my original documents this morning :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by rosemary22
Also is this only for Welsh students or also for English students? and would a year at uni be about eight months?

No its for anyone attending a welsh uni it doesnt matter if your welsh or english
as for the year its much longer than the other students my course started

6th spetember - 5th august

with a lot less holidays than the other students (they break up round the 30th june !!!! adn start end of september
Reply 29
Wow, just to check is that for occupational therapy? Thanks for all the info. A cardiff ot graduate seemed to suggest to me that not all ot students get nhs bursaries do you know if that's true? Sorry for all the questions but it's great to talk to someone who knows about this stuff!
Reply 30
Original post by RAPSTER
No its for anyone attending a welsh uni it doesnt matter if your welsh or english
as for the year its much longer than the other students my course started

6th spetember - 5th august

with a lot less holidays than the other students (they break up round the 30th june !!!! adn start end of september

Hi sorry for got to quote you!
Reply 31
Original post by rosemary22
Wow, just to check is that for occupational therapy? Thanks for all the info. A cardiff ot graduate seemed to suggest to me that not all ot students get nhs bursaries do you know if that's true? Sorry for all the questions but it's great to talk to someone who knows about this stuff!

not 100% sure but you do get better buirsaryies in wales much more suppport from the welsh assembersly government...its best to directly contact the uni not the student loans company they are useless as they donbt tell you the correct answers !!!...as they said i could apply but i wasnt allowed sorry i cant be more help!
Reply 32
Original post by RAPSTER
not 100% sure but you do get better buirsaryies in wales much more suppport from the welsh assembersly government...its best to directly contact the uni not the student loans company they are useless as they donbt tell you the correct answers !!!...as they said i could apply but i wasnt allowed sorry i cant be more help!

thanks. What course were/are you doing? I will ask the uni at some point.
Reply 33
Did you hear? They have made changes to the system.

No way

Yeah , now Graduate Entry Medicine is affordable :awesome:

Great!

Ever heard of Doctor Poor-Ass?

No :lolwut:

Looks like this is a case of

*puts on sunglasses*

Doctor Who :cool:

YEEEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
Anyone else know that as part of travel expenses the universities can give out cars?! Seriously.
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy =d
Reply 36
Took them long enough!
Oh it's so unfair that existing students can't get the extra funding! :frown:
Reply 38
Can somebody answer these questions for me please

1. Im doing occupational therapy in 2012 do i get the course paid for the same as past student have had ?

2. Im not aware of what the old bursary scheme was etc, is this new revised version better ? if so, how ?
Original post by Subcutaneous
Anyone else know that as part of travel expenses the universities can give out cars?! Seriously.

Nottingham was doing that 10+ years ago primarily for the Boston / Grantham based Students because of the distance between the two sites and the remoteness of Boston from Nottingham, the distance to remote placements ( given rural Lincolnshire had at that time very few buses and even fewer trains) .. admittedly they were pool cars people were expected to share wherever possible ...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending