The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine MBChB A100 Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Samy
Anyone know the minimum academic requirements for an international candidate (Canadian qualifications)
PS: The link on their page seems to not work, hence why I am asking.

At least a 90% on subjects of Chem/Bio/Maths/Physics. :smile: I am a fellow Canadian applicant as well :smile:

P.S. It was working two months ago, I dont know what happened :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 181
Original post by lizzy999
At least a 90% on subjects of Chem/Bio/Maths/Physics. :smile: I am a fellow Canadian applicant as well :smile:

P.S. It was working two months ago, I dont know what happened :smile:

is physics a requirement? i thought it was optional
Reply 182
Original post by .eXe
is physics a requirement? i thought it was optional

Canada: Usually at least 90% in Grade 12 High School Diploma with a minimum of 90% in Biology and Chemistry. English, Maths and Physics would also be required.

Yeah, Its a requirement
Reply 183
Original post by Samy
Yeah, Its a requirement

hey Samy!
are you applying to Liverpool as well? Where else are you applying to? :smile:
Reply 184
Original post by lizzy999
hey Samy!
are you applying to Liverpool as well? Where else are you applying to? :smile:

Aberdeen, Leeds and Birmingham :biggrin:
How's the waiting going guys?
Original post by IamBeowulf
do liverpool count dida as a gcse :s-smilie:

No, they do not.

"Some qualifications which are not GCSEs may be awarded points as follows:
Level 2 DiDa: Dist/Merit = 2 points; Credit = 1 point
Level 2 CiDa: Dist/Merit = 1 point; Credit = 0.5 points"
Reply 187
Original post by laurenl93
So unbelievably jealous at all the brummie applicants with interviews :|

From what I know they've not sent any interviews out yet lol :s-smilie:. Maybe some one is messing with ya? :redface:
Original post by Doctor.
From what I know they've not sent any interviews out yet lol :s-smilie:. Maybe some one is messing with ya? :redface:

Birmingham have sent out quite a few interviews. Just check the stalking page.
Original post by Doctor.

Like last year, Birmingham has been giving out interviews since the 17/18th October...
Reply 190
Original post by HeldAtNeedlepoint.
Birmingham have sent out quite a few interviews. Just check the stalking page.

Oh sorry I thought you were meaning- people from Birmingham are getting offers from from Liverpool :P
Original post by Doctor.
Oh sorry I thought you were meaning- people from Birmingham are getting offers from from Liverpool :P

Ha, nothing to apologise about. I can see all this 'applying for medicine' is getting to your head. :tongue:
I am not sure about you guys, but the waiting is killing me!.
Original post by Phil90974
No, they do not.

"Some qualifications which are not GCSEs may be awarded points as follows:
Level 2 DiDa: Dist/Merit = 2 points; Credit = 1 point
Level 2 CiDa: Dist/Merit = 1 point; Credit = 0.5 points"

oh thanks, well at least they still count as the same number of points
This may be cheeky but if you have more than 18 points, would that count in your favour is 18 the max?
Original post by This Honest
This may be cheeky but if you have more than 18 points, would that count in your favour is 18 the max?

You can't have more than 18 points. Top 9 GCSE's A*/A = 2, B = 1, therefore 9 A*s (or 9As) is the maximum you can have which = 18 points. Any extra GCSEs beyond your highest 9 DO NOT COUNT. Foolish child. :P
Original post by BlackThought
You can't have more than 18 points. Top 9 GCSE's A*/A = 2, B = 1, therefore 9 A*s (or 9As) is the maximum you can have which = 18 points. Any extra GCSEs beyond your highest 9 DO NOT COUNT. Foolish child. :P

So I'm foolish, huh?
For asking a question on a student room
:rolleyes:
Only kidding bro, I've asked tons of questions relating to the points system myself :smile:
Oh that's good, I have 9A*s and 1 A and read somewhere that GCSEs taken early may not count so I thought my score would go down because I took one of them early but if 18 is the max then no problem!! :biggrin:
Just wondering if anyone knows whether there was an advantage going to the liverpool open day in terms of interviews/offers? Obviously, it was a fantastic opportunity to look around the university, talk to tutors and students there, and get a feel for the place, which I thoroughly enjoyed :smile: but, just wondering about this, as they seem to track the people who registered (ID number etc) and when I arrived I tore of the slip on my welcome letter that had my ID number and name, and put it in one of the containers. They've also been emailing me information, having got my details from the open day registration, so I'm just curious as to whether this would hold you in good stead with them as they have proof that you actually bothered to turn up?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending