The Student Room Group

I cringe at ‘Skinny Vs Curvy’ *PICS*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by loonyplatypus
That's because you're a size 12 who can pull off tight tops and skinny jeans! I have a huge muffin top/stomach bulge all the time so there's no way I can wear anything tight-fitted around my stomach. That's my aim though, I'd love to be able to wear anything I wanted without worrying about it having to hide my stomach.

Get yourself some of these bad boys: http://www.marksandspencer.com/Solutions-Bonded-Sculpt-Knickers-Control/dp/B005AZCIPA?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_27&nodeId=42967030&sr=1-27&qid=1311471196 :tongue: They really work! All praise the Gok gospel. :angel:
Reply 61
That's because you're a size 12 who can pull off tight tops and skinny jeans! I have a huge muffin top/stomach bulge all the time so there's no way I can wear anything tight-fitted around my stomach. That's my aim though, I'd love to be able to wear anything I wanted without worrying about it having to hide my stomach.

Dont take this the wrong way but I bet you have a stunning figuire and maybe just lacking a bit of self confidence, I havent seen a pic (not asking for one), but I bet your muffin top isnt as big as you think and I bet a lot of girls would kill for a figuire like yours, just think at least you dont look like this...

Original post by Lugosi
4ft 11!

Whoah! Who knew?! (probably everyone but me :tongue: )
Original post by colin4president
er..... i think i'll keep on using the term 'skinny' thanks. i hope that's alright with OP?

What do you mean? :confused:

Beautiful skinny :P
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by The-Dream
Ohh, I didn't read that it was a reply to someone else!

And seriously? You'd rather be this picture...

Than this one....

Yes I would. Tbh the bigger girl's figure isn't all that far from mine - if my arms were more toned and I had as much airbrushing as she had! She's clearly sucking her stomach in a fair bit and they've taken off any hint of a muffin top, which doesn't look natural if you look at where her stomach meets her knickers. So even if I was her I'd be self-conscious and want to lose weight. Plus I think the first has a prettier face (if she was smiling, obviously).
Yes I would. Tbh the bigger girl's figure isn't all that far from mine - if my arms were more toned and I had as much airbrushing as she had! She's clearly sucking her stomach in a fair bit and they've taken off any hint of a muffin top, which doesn't look natural if you look at where her stomach meets her knickers. So even if I was her I'd be self-conscious and want to lose weight. Plus I think the first has a prettier face (if she was smiling, obviously).

Yeah you can practically see where the creases and bulges have been shaved off and coloured in :nope: it's terrible...

I would love to look like her! She has a well proportioned figure, good boobs, and she's a good 'middle' size so she can probably fit clothes from most shops and styles. She looks so womanly and grown up.. I feel like a little girl :frown:

Silly you! Be happy with yourself! (says the hypocrite :tongue: )
Original post by Lugosi
Dont take this the wrong way but I bet you have a stunning figuire and maybe just lacking a bit of self confidence, I havent seen a pic (not asking for one), but I bet your muffin top isnt as big as you think and I bet a lot of girls would kill for a figuire like yours, just think at least you dont look like this...

I really don't. I'll admit that my boobs are nice and my legs aren't awful, but my stomach is horrible. I actually posted an anon rate-me thread on here once (yes, I'm that sad) and the general consensus was that I needed to lose weight. So I'm not being irrational :smile:

I would if I could breathe in them. And I'd be so embarrassed if someone found out I wore them :colondollar:
I really don't. I'll admit that my boobs are nice and my legs aren't awful, but my stomach is horrible. I actually posted an anon rate-me thread on here once (yes, I'm that sad) and the general consensus was that I needed to lose weight. So I'm not being irrational :smile:

I would if I could breathe in them. And I'd be so embarrassed if someone found out I wore them :colondollar:

Haha, really? I wouldn't mind too much. I don't think it's any secret that they exist :tongue: And anyway, if it makes you look good with your clothes on, by the time you are having them taken off, it will probably be dark and he/she won't give a hoot what kind of undies you're wearing :teehee:
Original post by Amwazicles
What do you mean? :confused:

er... well OP says that using the term 'skinny' is offensive. I say that OP needs to recognise that the world doesn't revolve around her and people use language in many different ways. her interpretation of the word 'skinny' isn't the be all and end all, and I just use it to describe a girl who is objectively thin, no connotations attached.
er... well OP says that using the term 'skinny' is offensive. I say that OP needs to recognise that the world doesn't revolve around her and people use language in many different ways. her interpretation of the word 'skinny' isn't the be all and end all, and I just use it to describe a girl who is objectively thin, no connotations attached.

I think what they meant was skinny is often used as an opposite to curvy - which could make girls feel bad about themselves if told they are 'skinny', because they might take that to mean the opposite of curvy, ie square or shapeless. Not saying this is everyone's (or mine) interpretation of the word, just seems to be a fairly common one.
I think what they meant was skinny is often used as an opposite to curvy - which could make girls feel bad about themselves if told they are 'skinny', because they might take that to mean the opposite of curvy, ie square or shapeless. Not saying this is everyone's (or mine) interpretation of the word, just seems to be a fairly common one.

okay. just seems that people seem to love taking offence at a word and telling others that they can't use that word anymore. words have multiple meanings.
Haha, really? I wouldn't mind too much. I don't think it's any secret that they exist :tongue: And anyway, if it makes you look good with your clothes on, by the time you are having them taken off, it will probably be dark and he/she won't give a hoot what kind of undies you're wearing :teehee:

I know, but I take self-conscious to a whole new level :tongue:

And in response to your previous post, I know they won't have completely changed her body shape, but it's obvious that she's been airbrushed, particularly her stomach. And besides, I wish I was tiny! It's awful to be tall and big, it's so unfeminine, you always end up being the one who has to hug people instead of getting hugs because other girls are too small to give proper bear hugs, and guys are put off by you being so big and you never get to feel pretty and dainty compared to them :cry2:
okay. just seems that people seem to love taking offence at a word and telling others that they can't use that word anymore. words have multiple meanings.

Yeah, that's the beauty of language I guess :tongue:
Curvy :

The woman in the OP is slightly tubby.
You should be curvy yet in good shape due to your natural figure, not your fat.
(edited 12 years ago)
I know, but I take self-conscious to a whole new level :tongue:

And in response to your previous post, I know they won't have completely changed her body shape, but it's obvious that she's been airbrushed, particularly her stomach. And besides, I wish I was tiny! It's awful to be tall and big, it's so unfeminine, you always end up being the one who has to hug people instead of getting hugs because other girls are too small to give proper bear hugs, and guys are put off by you being so big and you never get to feel pretty and dainty compared to them :cry2:

Unfeminine?! Says the girl with big boobs and nice arse and sensual (yeah I said, it sensual) belly?!! I have no boobs, practically no arse, and look like a thirteen year old (if that). And my ribs stick out because I have bad posture, which makes my middle look weird. :sad:

I will win this put-down war!!
Original post by Jimbo1234
Curvy :

The woman in the OP is slightly tubby.
You should be able to be curvy yet in good shape due to your natural figure, not your fat.

er.... anyone else noticing the oxymoron.

and if the woman in the OP is slightly tubby.... all girls need to hit the ice cream NOW
Reply 77
Meh everyone has a different definition of what is considered skinny, curvy, or fat. It doesn't really matter :indiff: Let's not argue about semantics.
(edited 12 years ago)
Unfeminine?! Says the girl with big boobs and nice arse and sensual (yeah I said, it sensual) belly?!! I have no boobs, practically no arse, and look like a thirteen year old (if that). And my ribs stick out because I have bad posture, which makes my middle look weird. :sad:

I will win this put-down war!!

It's not sensual, it's revolting! And yes it's unfeminine, I'm like an ogre compared to most of my female friends! And considering that only one of my close male friends is over an inch taller than me, I'm constantly aware of both height and weight because I don't feel like a girl. Girls are supposed to be fragile and dainty and able to be picked up and hugged tight. They're not supposed to be clumsy and oafish and take up all the room in bed and be too heavy to do anything fun with :frown:

And bad posture?! That doesn't count! If I have bad posture I look enormous, if I have good posture I just look like I'm sticking my chest out and being slutty :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
‘Skinny Vs Curvy’ girls has become a growing theme on TSR threads. The common thread goes like this:

Of course the vast majority of men would prefer the first woman to the second, so why even debate such things? :lolwut:

Being curvy refers to having fat in the ass and breasts, whereas being skinny refers to not having much body weight at all hence the lack of defined curves. ‘Curvy’ should never be used as a synonym for being ‘overweight,’ as a slim girl can also be curvy- curvier in comparison an overweight girl in fact.

Overweight, but not curvy:

Spoiler

With this in mind, can we stop using the word ‘curvy’ as a synonym for being overweight considering that a person does not necessarily have to be curvy when overweight?

But most importantly, can we please stop referring to slim girls as being ‘skinny?’ The word ‘skinny’ is quite offensive as it suggests that slim girls are shapeless sticks, when they can actually be ‘curvy’ too.

I’m sorry if this thread has caused any offense and I will probably be negged quite a lot for this, but I find it insulting that most 'chubby' girls will simply be referred to as being 'curvy' in order to not seem unpleasant, but a slim girl can quite easily be degraded as being called 'skinny'.

Thanks. :colondollar:

The first one is not attractive at all.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest