The Student Room Group

Anyone work for Card Factory?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by djsims2
Yeah i hate the latex balloons cause they annoy your fingers. I cannot for the life of me tie a knot in the latex ones its just awful. When the foil ones burst it does hurt quite a bit... it says to wear goggles but no one does.

How long have you been working there?

I know it's been ages since you posted this, but I didn't even see this quote lol. I never ever wear goggles! Ever. I've been there since last November, so almost a year now. Are you still there? Still enjoying piles of 29p cards? :wink:
Reply 21
Hey Guys,

How do you apply for a job instore? Do you do it online or through your local store?

Thanks!
Reply 22
I would just go in to the local store and ask, they may tell you to keep an eye out online if they don't have a vacancy but if they do have a vacancy it would be much quicker to hand a CV to the manager, I did that and she called me for an interview before I'd even got home.
Reply 23
I worked for Card Factory in St Helens Hardshaw Centre. I enjoyed working with my colleagues and most of them were there to build the brand and work hard. I was employed on a temporary contract and did feel that it would be near impossible to get a permenant contract. The structure at the time meant that my supervisor was the area managers daughter. Card Factory have 2two shops in St Helens and the Manager of both shops had her mum also working there with her it seems you have to be family to get further. Hard work (but I liked that), bith physically (deliveries), and mentally hard work but I have the greatest respect for my former full time colleagues and the hard work they put in, If you're staring at Card Factory, don't let this put you off.. they are professional and no problems with pay and breaks but don't let them use you. Especially if you're in the northwest area
Hi, I have applied for jobs at the Card Factory at different stores by either applying online or by handing in a CV. However I never seem to get a reply for an interview. I have full availability and previous experience working in retail so I'm not sure why I never get replies. How quickly have they replied to you? And what method of application? What is the interview like? I really want a job at the card factory because there are lots of stores local to me
Reply 25
Do you have to blow up balloons if work in card factory ?
Does anyone who currently work here know what the hourly rate is for a 17 year old please?
I think its minimum wage so £3.87
Reply 28
It's £3.98 for 17 year olds. May go up in the annual pay review later this month though!
What was the type of questions they asked you? How many was in the interview room? How long did the interview last? Ive an interview tomorrow and as u can see im stressed lol
Reply 30
Just basic questions like why do you want this job? What is the most important aspect of working in a team? Who is the most important person in the shop? It's very informal though.
When I had mine last year it was me and the 2 managers, but this year interviews were conducted at my shop by the area manager so probably 1/2 people max. It lasted probably 10 mins and they offered me the job straight away. Smiling is important as its retail so just go in and act happy and friendly and you'll be fine.
Hey guys! I've been working with the card factory for about two weeks and its pay day already....I was wondering if I would get paid for the two weeks ive already done or will it be added to next month's pay.
And also, do you get paid before Christmas or is it still strictly at the end of the month?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Evieanned
Hey guys! I've been working with the card factory for about two weeks and its pay day already....I was wondering if I would get paid for the two weeks ive already done or will it be added to next month's pay.
And also, do you get paid before Christmas or is it still strictly at the end of the month?

I don't work there but if you've not been paid then it'll roll over depending on when their cut off dates ar e
Original post by Leacy23
Do you have to blow up balloons if work in card factory ?

Most likely. I worked at Clintons and I did a lot of work with balloons!
I start at the card factory on Saturday! When did u get your uniform ?
Hi, does anyone know the sizes of the uniforms? Mens and womens and the size range they go up to?
Original post by djsims2
Hey I got a job at Card Factory as a sales assistant the other day and have my first day tomorrow! I have been applying for jobs since February so thank god I got one at last! I'm just wondering if any of you people work there, worked there or know people who work there so I know what to expect.
Was certainly the fasted job application process ever. I applied for the job on a Thursday, got offered an interview on the Thursday, did the interview on the Friday and got offered the job an hour later.

Thanks
Matt

Wow, congrats on your swift appointment. I worked there in 2015 as a xmas temp. I worked with a nice team and once you learnt the till it was just your standard job. Learning the till initially was a tiny bit nerve wracking because I was just thrown in but once I leant where everything was it was a very easy job. As I was working during the busy periods the shifts would go quickly and I was almost always on the till but on the odd occasion I would sort out the cards which could be a wreck towards the end of the day. So, I am imagining if you were doing the job during quiet times it could potentially be a little boring. I remember there being a rule about not taking calculators with you to the till? which was odd so if I ever had to work anything out it had to be old fashioned pen and paper. Not the best job I've ever had but DEFINITELY not the worst. It was just a regular retail job but I would totally work there again as a xmas temp, if I didn't have another job right now.

Hope that helps.
Reply 37
Original post by lavender_rose
Wow, congrats on your swift appointment. I worked there in 2015 as a xmas temp. I worked with a nice team and once you learnt the till it was just your standard job. Learning the till initially was a tiny bit nerve wracking because I was just thrown in but once I leant where everything was it was a very easy job. As I was working during the busy periods the shifts would go quickly and I was almost always on the till but on the odd occasion I would sort out the cards which could be a wreck towards the end of the day. So, I am imagining if you were doing the job during quiet times it could potentially be a little boring. I remember there being a rule about not taking calculators with you to the till? which was odd so if I ever had to work anything out it had to be old fashioned pen and paper. Not the best job I've ever had but DEFINITELY not the worst. It was just a regular retail job but I would totally work there again as a xmas temp, if I didn't have another job right now.

Hope that helps.

Manual counting on the till? That's a bit weird imo.
Original post by Mokona
Manual counting on the till? That's a bit weird imo.

Apologies for the confusion. I'm referring to those times for e.g. when you put the money through the till and then the customer says oh do you want the change, so you've got to work out the change which I hate doing because I don't like maths and it makes me feel like i've been put on the spot. So a calculator would have been great in those situations but oh well. As for the till its the kinda one where all the items are in particular locations and you just have to press the buttons. So it's super easy once you have it memorised.
Original post by Kelsey rose
I start at the card factory on Saturday! When did u get your uniform ?

Congrats, from what I remember I believe I got in on my first shift.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending