The Student Room Group

Anyone work for Card Factory?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by lavender_rose
Apologies for the confusion. I'm referring to those times for e.g. when you put the money through the till and then the customer says oh do you want the change, so you've got to work out the change which I hate doing because I don't like maths and it makes me feel like i've been put on the spot. So a calculator would have been great in those situations but oh well. As for the till its the kinda one where all the items are in particular locations and you just have to press the buttons. So it's super easy once you have it memorised.

Oh yeah! I hate those lol but when i see if the total is like 3p change or so, I normally ask if they have 3p anyway ><
Original post by Mokona
Oh yeah! I hate those lol but when i see if the total is like 3p change or so, I normally ask if they have 3p anyway ><

Yes, I know they are just trying to be helpful too, but it really isn't and there is always usually plenty of change in the tills anyway so it is totally unnecessary and frustrating. Ah the life of retail workers.
Reply 42
Original post by lavender_rose
Yes, I know they are just trying to be helpful too, but it really isn't and there is always usually plenty of change in the tills anyway so it is totally unnecessary and frustrating. Ah the life of retail workers.

Or when they buy like £2.55 worth in stuff or summat and they pay with a £20. Pfthahahahaha
"Sorry I don't have anything smaller"
Original post by Mokona
Or when they buy like £2.55 worth in stuff or summat and they pay with a £20. Pfthahahahaha
"Sorry I don't have anything smaller"

Tell me about it, when I worked at BHS people would pay for a £3 - £5 breakfast with a £50 :confused: that was more first job and the first I had even handled a £50 note.
Reply 44
Original post by Mokona

I got the job! i start on the 20th. Is anyone else under 18? The pay is really *****y.
Original post by slndn
I got the job! i start on the 20th. Is anyone else under 18? The pay is really *****y.

How much an hour do they pay under 18s?
Reply 46
Original post by dietpepsicolamax
How much an hour do they pay under 18s?

They were giving me £4 so i rejected it. That is ridiculous pay.
Does anyone know the seasonal temporary job contract ends?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending