The Student Room Group

Mature Students Applying for University 2012

Scroll to see replies

I am growing restless. Not a single reply so far. Just acknowledgements (and not even all of them).

PLEASE, JUST ONE. THAT'S ALL I ASK FOR.
I got a offer for Keele just now. Now I can relax thankfully.
Original post by admbeatmaker
I am growing restless. Not a single reply so far. Just acknowledgements (and not even all of them).

PLEASE, JUST ONE. THAT'S ALL I ASK FOR.

They certainly like taking their time that is for sure.
Original post by chicagowonderland

Very nice indeed! Well done.

They certainly like taking their time that is for sure.

Yeah, they certainly do. I view it in two lights. One: I could be a more high risk choice so they're weighing me up against other applicants. Or two: They're just taking their time. Especially since out of all my choices I haven't seen more than two or three offers posted up on here. Three of my choices have given zero offers.
Very nice indeed! Well done.

Yeah, they certainly do. I view it in two lights. One: I could be a more high risk choice so they're weighing me up against other applicants. Or two: They're just taking their time. Especially since out of all my choices I haven't seen more than two or three offers posted up on here. Three of my choices have given zero offers.

I think leicester will be giving me a offer since they just emailed mw that I forgot to put what couse I wanted do after the foundation year in the information box :colondollar:. Wont get my hopes up too high though.

Better to hear nothing than a rejection.
Urgh got rejected form manchester
Urgh got rejected form manchester

If you think you'll meet the entry requirements. Try and appeal against the rejection.

I read last years thread that some young girl got rejected by Manchester for law, appealed it and received an offer (don't get your hopes up, though). It's worth a try.

(I don't know how to do it, so I can't offer any advice there)
If you think you'll meet the entry requirements. Try and appeal against the rejection.

I read last years thread that some young girl got rejected by Manchester for law, appealed it and received an offer (don't get your hopes up, though). It's worth a try.

(I don't know how to do it, so I can't offer any advice there)

They don't give the entry requirments for the course and I already have my qualifications so it is certianly a wft moment especially when it's a foundation year. I have sent a email to them to ask why i was rejected.
(edited 12 years ago)
Hi all, I think I can trump you all so far! At the the ripe age of 42 I have a place at the UEA to study adult nursing. I would not have even considered this had I not had a year as a Healthcare assistant in the commmunity. A return to full-time study seems a little daunting particularly with a family (even though they are very supportive)!

All the best, Iain
Hello Iain just be super organised and you'll be fine.

many congrats chicagowonderland m8 thats superab news,bet u pleased ^_^ have no doubts that will be one of many offers u receive
still waiting on my referee to send my ucas form off looks like he has a backlog of students to do most likely be next week now
at least i finally decided on my universities ^_^
Reply 191
Congrats to everyone that got a conditional offer.

Oh my God, I am so nervous! ~_~
Original post by wizardtop
many congrats chicagowonderland m8 thats superab news,bet u pleased ^_^ have no doubts that will be one of many offers u receive
still waiting on my referee to send my ucas form off looks like he has a backlog of students to do most likely be next week now
at least i finally decided on my universities ^_^

Thank you Wizardtop I am very pleased indeed. Which universities did you decide on? I hope he gets your application sent off soon.
Original post by IGotThat
Congrats to everyone that got a conditional offer.

Oh my God, I am so nervous! ~_~

Remember to breath:smile:
Reply 194
Ohhhh, I'm trying :P
Thank you Wizardtop I am very pleased indeed. Which universities did you decide on? I hope he gets your application sent off soon.

I decided upon Chester,Staffordshire,Bradford, Worcester and Northumbria all for MHN in the end chicagowonderland.Our Refree has until 17th November to send them as i believe thats our college cut off date UCAS wise.It took me ages to decide on my Universities choice and also had to check with each one whether they would consider the type of Access diploma i am doing

Plus i do believe Keele has a good reputation for its Sciene degrees chicagowonderland ^_^ so best of luck with your UCAS application and i really mean that
Plus i do believe Keele has a good reputation for its Sciene degrees chicagowonderland ^_^ so best of luck with your UCAS application and i really mean that

When I first read that I thought you wrote Keele wasn't good for sciences so I better hold out for my other choices lol I nearly hit the roof.

It took me ages to pick as well when I had sent off the application I ended up changing Dundee for leicester. You'll be fine with getting your university choices I'm sure of it you worked to hard on your application for it not to happen.
When I first read that I thought you wrote Keele wasn't good for sciences so I better hold out for my other choices lol I nearly hit the roof.

It took me ages to pick as well when I had sent off the application I ended up changing Dundee for leicester. You'll be fine with getting your university choices I'm sure of it you worked to hard on your application for it not to happen.

no u got that out of context chicagowonderland it has a great reputation for its sciences ie Keele lol ,cant spell now dam u stress aww thanks m8 i appreciate that some of the choices i have picked are asking for a lot of merits which i do think could be achieveable but as i still dont understand how this grading works i will just have to do my best chicagowonderland
no u got that out of context chicagowonderland it has a great reputation for its sciences ie Keele lol ,cant spell now dam u stress aww thanks m8 i appreciate that some of the choices i have picked are asking for a lot of merits which i do think could be achieveable but as i still dont understand how this grading works i will just have to do my best chicagowonderland

lol I struggle readng things properly so you bet everyday I will read something wrong. For example if a newspaper headline was to say 'Women bags gets blow away' my mind will stupidly read it as 'women gets blown away while trying to save her ball' its ridiculous but does make me laugh.

Wizardtop if all in life we do our best then we have achieved a lot already.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending