The Student Room Group

TSR hindi/urdu thread

Scroll to see replies

namaste!!!:P

Mera naam woh hi hai jo uppur likha hai! maine abhi
A2 khatam kiya hai aur mai ab warwick janne ki sooch rahan huin! Mere results 18th august ko aaye ge..mai issliya itni bakwass kar rahan huin kyunki mera pas aur kooch bolne ke liya nahi hai!!
Original post by Long Time Coming
:ninja:

:blush:
Dat Ass.

Original post by soyasauce
i dont like this thread :frown: dont understand a word of anything !

You bring shame to the famileeh.
Reply 182
Original post by futuredoc77
Agar main Hindi lekhna seek gaye, koch credit aap ko bhi melega. :flutter:

"Muhe sharminda kar rahi hai" :lol: :lol:
That sounds so cute. :blushing:

Bollywood inni? :smug:

You should be ashamed of yourself really. Sharam aane chaheyay aap ko. Itne ache source hai Hindi seekhnay ki liye aur koi oose use nahi kar raha. :naughty:

While that is true, I still find it hard to believe that you would live in a country for a long time and still not speak the national language... :moon:
But given the illiteracy statistics, I guess it kind of makes sense. I bet all the literate ones are still able to write/read perfectly even if they have dropped Hindi at a younger age for English.

my point is that english is so valuable in India to get jobs/higher education that I don't know what hindi will look like say in 50/60 years time.
Original post by anshul95
my point is that english is so valuable in India to get jobs/higher education that I don't know what hindi will look like say in 50/60 years time.
Yeah, while that is true it doesn't mean their Hindi is completely ignored. I'm sure they won't do such a good job of anything if they aren't able to speak/read/write in Hindi. :dontknow:
Reply 184
Original post by goodboy4444
namaste!!!:P

Mera naam woh hi hai jo uppur likha hai! maine abhi
A2 khatam kiya hai aur mai ab warwick janne ki sooch rahan huin! Mere results 18th august ko aaye ge..mai issliya itni bakwass kar rahan huin kyunki mera pas aur kooch bolne ke liya nahi hai!!

aur salam walaikum urdu speakers ki liye!!!!
ech aap chemistry kartha rahunga - yeh bakwaas hai. Main chemistry nafrat kartha hoon. Maine bahut koosh tha jab maine final chemistry exam kiya. Thank god.
Reply 185
Yeah, while that is true it doesn't mean their Hindi is completely ignored. I'm sure they won't do such a good job of anything if they aren't able to speak/read/write in Hindi. :dontknow:

yeh sach hai. Lehkin humhare bhat sirf speculation hai - shiad anjana India hojaunga. Especially when compared to today.
Reply 186
I don't understand Gujrati. :ashamed2:

Any other Indian language apart from Hindi tbh. :sigh:

Club join karo! Read my earlier post to see what my mum thinks of my gujarati.
I don't understand Gujrati. :ashamed2:

Any other Indian language apart from Hindi tbh. :sigh:

tut tut, tujhe sikhna parega!

Holidays thiq hai? Naya job liya? :tongue:
Reply 188
aap sab log gandu hai :tongue:
yeh sach hai. Lehkin humhare bhat sirf speculation hai - shiad anjana India hojaunga. Especially when compared to today.

True. :moon:

I think it's a shame every country is losing it's language or at least some of it while seeking English blindly. :nopity:

Club join karo! Read my earlier post to see what my mum thinks of my gujarati.

Link me inni? :colondollar:

Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?
tut tut, tujhe sikhna parega!

Holidays thiq hai? Naya job liya? :tongue:

Mujhe tu bahoot kuch sekhana parega. :moon:

Holidays to lazy days in ke sewa aur kooch nahi hai, and you know what I'm like. :couchpotato:

Job leena to kab ka choor deya mainay... interpreting job ke baaray may bataya mainay aap ko? Bas wohe hai... dosre jobs dhond nahi leya. :nopity:

Aap ki holidays kaisay hai? Volunteering kar rahi hai kahi? Mainay to woo sab bhi choor deya. :facepalm2:
Reply 190

You bring shame to the famileeh.

lol well not really .. my family never taught me it :rolleyes: lol
Reply 191
Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?
Haan gi fluent che. Taru?

oi kem che bhai, saru chai ne. mane bohut gharmee lagech, salu bitish weather bhi kharu che.
Original post by soyasauce
lol well not really .. my family never taught me it :rolleyes: lol

I was kidding. :bigsmile:

The family brings shame to you. :smug:
Original post by uer23
oi kem che bhai, saru chai ne. mane bohut gharmee lagech, salu bitish weather bhi kharu che.

How are you brother (?) I'm very hot, the stupid British weather something...

:gah:
Reply 194
I think it's a shame every country is losing it's language or at least some of it while seeking English blindly. :nopity:

Link me inni? :colondollar:

Aap ki holidays kaisay hai? Volunteering kar rahi hai kahi? Mainay to woo sab bhi choor deya. :facepalm2:

Yes it is but that's the main reason why India is so successful at the minute - because even though only 15% of the population speak and write English this equates to 180million people. 3 times the population of the UK. So if that's where the jobs are people WILL learn english.

The general gist of the conversation was:
Mum: Tum hindi jante ho, lehkin tum gujarati nahin aate hain? Yeh kya baquaas Anshul beta.
Me: Lekin mum mere liye, main Hindi mein bolna enjoy kartha hoon. Gujarati is just so boring.
Mum: Tum sharminda nahin ho?
Me: Mujhe sharminda kyun hotha?
Mum: Doesn't matter. Jab tum thin sal ho maine tum ko gujarati boli. Toh tum hindi kyun aata aur Gujarati bulqul nahin?
Me: Yeh sach nahin hai. Main Gujarati samajata hoon. Main ja raha hoon.

Main relax kartha hoon, bhar jaatha etc.
:ninjagirl:
Yes it is but that's the main reason why India is so successful at the minute - because even though only 15% of the population speak and write English this equates to 180million people. 3 times the population of the UK. So if that's where the jobs are people WILL learn english.

The general gist of the conversation was:
Mum: Tum hindi jante ho, lehkin tum gujarati nahin aate hain? Yeh kya baquaas Anshul beta.
Me: Lekin mum mere liye, main Hindi mein bolna enjoy kartha hoon. Gujarati is just so boring.
Mum: Tum sharminda nahin ho?
Me: Mujhe sharminda kyun hotha?
Mum: Doesn't matter. Jab tum thin sal ho maine tum ko gujarati boli. Toh tum hindi kyun aata aur Gujarati bulqul nahin?
Me: Yeh sach nahin hai. Main Gujarati samajata hoon. Main ja raha hoon.

Main relax kartha hoon, bhar jaatha etc.

Aha, that makes a lot of sense. :holmes: But I don't understand why they'd have to give up Hindi to do it. :confused: Surely they can do both? :dontknow: Plus, with languages, the more you take up, the better you'll get at all of them. So doing both would actually help them.

:giggle:
She's talking in Hindi as well. :mmm: The first step is to start Gujarati herself if anything. :teehee:
Reply 197

I was kidding. :bigsmile:

The family brings shame to you. :smug:

LOL

leave my fam alone :tongue:
Reply 198
Aha, that makes a lot of sense. :holmes: But I don't understand why they'd have to give up Hindi to do it. :confused: Surely they can do both? :dontknow: Plus, with languages, the more you take up, the better you'll get at all of them. So doing both would actually help them.

:giggle:
She's talking in Hindi as well. :mmm: The first step is to start Gujarati herself if anything. :teehee:

that's exactly my opinion as well - when my french was really good that I could string sentences easily my hindi was fairly fluent then, but interestingly after I stopped french and my hindi got gradually worse and worse and only now is it starting to pick up again.

I guess because we were talking in Hindi she just decided to carry on. Agar woh hindi mein bolthi thi , probably main answer English mein detha tha :tongue:. Which is what I usually do. I think perhaps she has given up. In any case, hindi is a more useful language to know than Gujarati.
Original post by uer23
aap sab log gandu hai :tongue:

aur tu chutiya hai!! :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending