The Student Room Group

Good Television Society Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pheylan
Disagree. But yeah, we like Homeland ITT

You serious? how can you disagree, they have quality programming :colone:

What do you think of the ABC series Pan Am? it looks okay but it could be better (although I am on episode 2 so it may just be one were there is a slow start :frown:).
Reply 181
Original post by tehFrance
You serious? how can you disagree, they have quality programming :colone:

There's a lot of it that I don't particularly care for

Dexter - it's alright, but it seems like everyone else likes it a lot more than I do
Weeds - bleh
Californication - didn't really like the pilot, but I'm going to give it another go soon
Shameless - go away Showtime, just go away

Original post by tehFrance
What do you think of the ABC series Pan Am? it looks okay but it could be better (although I am on episode 2 so it may just be one were there is a slow start :frown:).

I watched two or three episode before I packed it in
Reply 182
Really impressed with the Walking Dead this time around, I was meh with it on the first season but this time around I think it's my favourite of all the shows I currently watch. I'm really disappointed with Dexter though, the plot is so silly and frankly boring.
Reply 183
Original post by Pheylan
Sons of Anarchy: any good?

It's OK, it's what I call an underachiever TV show, it has so much potential but never gets there. I got bored of it tbh but people evidently like it as it's been renewed for a lot of seasons now.
Reply 184
My only worry about Homeland is that they drag it out for too long, like 24. Surely it should end once they reveal whether Brody's good or bad? And they could probably do that within the remaining six episodes of this season.
Original post by Pheylan
My only worry about Homeland is that they drag it out for too long, like 24. Surely it should end once they reveal whether Brody's good or bad? And they could probably do that within the remaining six episodes of this season.

I quite like the way they are expanding it, it builds up tension so hopefully it will be an explosive end... there is already a season two ordered apparently :colone:

The series is apparently based on Hatufim from Israel and that went on for three seasons I believe, I think they are using most of the same material but in English with the odd thing changed :smile:
Original post by Pheylan

Spoiler:

Spoiler

Reply 187
Anyone watched the pilot of Hell on Wheels?? How was it??
Damn, just read another theory about the show (Homeland in regards to Episode 5) that I previously didn't consider and some major details which I seem to have thought were minor thus forgot about it. A real game changer:

Spoiler

Reply 189
that cheese wire scene with the Irish guy was freakin' savage!
Reply 190
Original post by 2ndClass
that cheese wire scene with the Irish guy was freakin' savage!

lol, didn't realise you were talking about Boardwalk Empire - thought you'd just watched The Wire and were talking about a scene involving Cheese Wagstaff
Reply 191
Original post by Pheylan
lol, didn't realise you were talking about Boardwalk Empire - thought you'd just watched The Wire and were talking about a scene involving Cheese Wagstaff

:lol: in hindsight I see why you might think that actually.
Original post by Susanoo

Not really that great.

Original post by Pheylan

That's what I was thinking. I guess if this season ended up with him being found out as a bad guy they could have another series of trying to catch him or prevent some kinda attack but after that **** would just start to seem contrived (not that that's anything new on TV as RATINGS = EVERYTHING!!12)

Original post by 2ndClass
It's OK, it's what I call an underachiever TV show, it has so much potential but never gets there. I got bored of it tbh but people evidently like it as it's been renewed for a lot of seasons now.

For sure. It's been doing what I highlighted above for a while now I think, it shoulda got to the point it's at now at least 1 series ago, there's going to be a series 5 I believe and I guess I can see how that could go through providing it's the last.
Pheylan, you need to edit the OP and move Entourage if you want your post to have any credibility. Also Summer Heights High needs adding as it's one of the best series of tv ever.
Reply 194
Man I never get to overdose on TV these days, always playing catch up and sacrificing sleep.
Reply 195

I suppose that's the Nebraska pussy Cy Tolliver seems to like so much
Reply 196
Good god Homeland was amazing
The twist was a little disappointing but extremely surprising so I'll see where this goes.
Reply 198
Original post by Susanoo

Nope, not seen it. Freakin' love the Walking Dead though!:biggrin:
Original post by Pheylan

I suppose that's the Nebraska pussy Cy Tolliver seems to like so much

I miss Cy. ;<

As far as Homeland goes my only real problem is the drunk acting. It wouldn't be an issue if it didn't seem like they were gonna be drunk all the time. >_>

Lotsa actors kinda suck at acting drunk though, especially in dramas. I guess Jane in Deadwood was pretty good. She's pretty hawt without all the makeup.

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest