The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Original post by pdk
I was going to send a PM to you but think I'm doing something wrong that I can't send you one! It was about something I saw in another thread :smile:

lol it took me ages to figure out how to do that :L
Original post by atomos
oh yeahh

i think aberdeen...although glasgow is very much growing on me.
ah i dont know, i'd jump at the chance to go to either :redface:
what about you?

Definitely Glasgow, I don't think I'm ready to move as far away as aberdeen yet (I live in Largs)
Reply 1982
Original post by pdk
True that...but I'm out yet still refreshing this page through my phone every 5-10 mins lol Glasgow has taken over my life...but I really want it to take over for the next 5 years so all good :smile:

Haha, I'm just waiting on an email coming through on my phone. I just keep checking the thread to see if everybody else has an offer and I don't.

Glasgow is my first choice but it was by far my worst interview...
Reply 1983
Original post by Braddd
Haha, I'm just waiting on an email coming through on my phone. I just keep checking the thread to see if everybody else has an offer and I don't.

Glasgow is my first choice but it was by far my worst interview...

Same here, I have been checking it all the time. Really? I'm surprised, because everyone seems to have done really well in the interview. Where do you think you did wrong? I'm sure you must have done well :smile: Leeds is my first preference because it is near home , but I like everything about Glasgow :smile:
Reply 1984
wow its starting to feel like they really did mean 31st when they said 31st :/
Reply 1985
Original post by pdk
Same here, I have been checking it all the time. Really? I'm surprised, because everyone seems to have done really well in the interview. Where do you think you did wrong? I'm sure you must have done well :smile: Leeds is my first preference because it is near home , but I like everything about Glasgow :smile:

It was honestly terrible. I messed up with most questions. It was my first proper interview so I was extremely nervous. I felt like I didn't have a chance to finish any of my answers and there were a couple of questions where I just didn't have a clue where to start.

It was nothing like my St Andrews interview. It was more like a friendly chat. I'm just happy to have somewhere to go this year.

Where have you still to hear back from? Hopefully we both get an offer :smile:
Reply 1986
My Glasgow interview was also an absolute clusterfudge. My appointment was for 12:20, and I was not seen until 13:30. They told me they'd have to keep it short and they certainly weren't kidding - maybe 5 or 7 minutes long? Really short.

Not really bothered, got my unconditional to Dundee and on further reflection I don't fancy a course where all I'd do is teach myself medicine in the library all day every day due to PBL.

lol @ negs.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1987
Original post by Braddd
It was honestly terrible. I messed up with most questions. It was my first proper interview so I was extremely nervous. I felt like I didn't have a chance to finish any of my answers and there were a couple of questions where I just didn't have a clue where to start.

It was nothing like my St Andrews interview. It was more like a friendly chat. I'm just happy to have somewhere to go this year.

Where have you still to hear back from? Hopefully we both get an offer :smile:

Oh right, my interview was pretty fast paced and I was interrupted most of the time. But overall I think it went pretty well and it was my first ever interview as well. I'm sure they realise every applicant is a bit nervous so you will get away with that :smile: I thought interviews at St Andrews are very tough so if you did well in there you must have done well at Glasgow :smile: fingers crossed we both get in at Glasgow :smile:

I haven't got any offers from anywhere but was rejected from Barts and Dundee and yet to hear from leeds! Argh the stress is max lol
Original post by JackG1
My Glasgow interview was also an absolute clusterfudge. My appointment was for 12:20, and I was not seen until 13:30. They told me they'd have to keep it short and they certainly weren't kidding - maybe 5 or 7 minutes long? Really short.

Not really bothered, got my unconditional to Dundee and on further reflection I don't fancy a course where all I'd do is teach myself medicine in the library all day every day due to PBL.

Fine! Then withdraw your application so those who actually appreciate Glasgow have more of a chance of getting in. :colone:
Reply 1989
Original post by JackG1

Not trying to offend you but it really would be a shame if you got an offer and others like me who really want to study there didn't. don't know why you applied there in the first place when you didnt even like the course! Ofcourse you can have first or second preference but you'd still have to like the course to actually apply there! But all the best at Dundee - it was one of my choices :smile:
Reply 1990
Original post by _Jasmine
Fine! Then withdraw your application so those who actually appreciate Glasgow have more of a chance of getting in. :colone:

Original post by pdk
Not trying to offend you but it really would be a shame if you got an offer and others like me who really want to study there didn't. don't know why you applied there in the first place when you didnt even like the course! Ofcourse you can have first or second preference but you'd still have to like the course to actually apply there! But all the best at Dundee - it was one of my choices :smile:

I've not heard back from them yet, just saying my worries have been lessened by receiving an offer from a university I'd rather go to. Please take your not-received-an-offer-yet butthurt elsewhere.

It wouldn't be a shame. Offers are based on merit, not how much a shame it would be if you didn't get one. Also, I applied because I don't want to pay any fees but didn't want to apply to St Andrews, and there are only 5 Scottish unis that do medicine.

Negs anticipated because people hate it on here when you aren't a carebear...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1991
Original post by JackG1

lol @ negs.

Negs are harsh 'cos that's pretty much what Glasgow is.

(although justified because you can't really come into a thread full of glasgow medicine keens and essentially slate it and not expect to be negged ay :wink: )
Reply 1992
Original post by JackG1
I've not heard back from them yet, just saying my worries have been lessened by receiving an offer from a university I'd rather go to. Please take your not-received-an-offer-yet butthurt elsewhere.

It wouldn't be a shame. Offers are based on merit, not how much a shame it would be if you didn't get one. Also, I applied because I don't want to pay any fees but didn't want to apply to St Andrews, and there are only 5 Scottish unis that do medicine.

Okay, I take it back, negs entirely justified, if you hate it so much (and there are certainly valid negatives to this course) then just withdraw your application and let someone else get your offer. Also your posts here are just winding up people who are already pretty tense right now so kindly take your negatively elsewhere ay? It's hardly contributing to the discussion.
Reply 1993
Guys, presuming you haven't heard tonight as otherwise the thread would be flooded. Fingers crossed for tomorrow, can't imagine they'd leave it another weekend.
Original post by lekky
Guys, presuming you haven't heard tonight as otherwise the thread would be flooded. Fingers crossed for tomorrow, can't imagine they'd leave it another weekend.

They'll have to section me if they do.
Original post by JackG1

Wee bit unnecessary I think..Even if you genuinely feel like this it's not a great time to post it. Wonder if you hadn't been sitting with an offer things would be the same:rolleyes: Some people are desparate to get into Glasgow and the course might suit them, everyone is different.
Anyway good luck to everyone waiting to hear surely it will be today!
Reply 1996
Come on glasgow!! :frown:
Original post by JackG1

Says the boy who was 'butthurt' enough to create a thread moaning about how he didn't get into Edinburgh.
Original post by atomos
Says the boy who was 'butthurt' enough to create a thread moaning about how he didn't get into Edinburgh.

I pure love you like.
Original post by CocaineSquirrel
What date was your Glasgow interview?

12/12/11 why?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending