The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by ChangedMyMind
Good luck :smile:

Thanks, I'll need it.
see if youre asked about anything medical in the news, would it be alright to mention women being able to choose caesareans in england and wales? even though its not scotland but could discuss whether or not this should happen here?
Original post by atomos
see if youre asked about anything medical in the news, would it be alright to mention women being able to choose caesareans in england and wales? even though its not scotland but could discuss whether or not this should happen here?

Can't see why not :smile:
Original post by Braddd
Are you being serious?

Yeah I realise now that I was being a bit stupid :tongue:
Glasgow has a spiral course structure, does anyone know roughly how many med schools also teach in this way?
Original post by why-hello-there
Glasgow has a spiral course structure, does anyone know roughly how many med schools also teach in this way?

Erm, most of them? Dundee and St Andrews are similar spiral, but notice that they are all taught is vastly different ways :wink: (Glasgow is PBL, Dundee is Integrated, St Andrews is traditional)
Original post by Harbour Seal
Erm, most of them? Dundee and St Andrews are similar spiral, but notice that they are all taught is vastly different ways :wink: (Glasgow is PBL, Dundee is Integrated, St Andrews is traditional)

Thank you :smile: It's just someone said that st andrew's make a great deal about it, so it seemed like it might be something that's not common to most med schools...but as you say, they were probably just making a big deal of the specifics of how it's taught :tongue:
Reply 787
Original post by atomos
just a word of warning, my test centre didn't have keyboards, just had to click the onscreen calculator, but I did get 20 more in QR than last year!

I'd been practising for UKCAT using the keyboard and when I arrived they told me to use the mouse. I argued and they simply said that people made more mistakes using the keyboard. I used the keyboard and got 720 in QR. I'd advise anyone who has a keyboard on hand to use it and I feel so sorry for those who didn't.
Reply 788
Well that was horrible.
Original post by Braddd
Well that was horrible.

I was just about to message you to ask how it went. Don't worry mate, remember people are saying that if you think you did badly, the chances are that you've done alright. Chin up big man.
Reply 790
Original post by Leavemyarcelona
I was just about to message you to ask how it went. Don't worry mate, remember people are saying that if you think you did badly, the chances are that you've done alright. Chin up big man.

My day was just horrible start to finish. Train was delayed nearly two hours, got soaked in the rain, taxi driver got lost on the way to the medical school, rubbish interview, taxi driver got lost again on the way to my friend's flat so dropped me off at a random location, train home was full of wrecked celtic fans singing. *sigh*

It was sooo obvious that I didn't have a clue what I was talking about half of the time....

Oh well, it's gonna be a long wait until March.
interview tomorrow...well today now D:
only got in from work about ten minutes ago, came on here to print off some last minute stuff and i am stressing to the max
think i may have a breakdown on the train tomorrow...
Reply 792
I was wondering if anyone knows, are the interviews that have been sent out already only the Scottish applicants or was it the whole of the UK?
Original post by Rachel637
I was wondering if anyone knows, are the interviews that have been sent out already only the Scottish applicants or was it the whole of the UK?

pretty sure people who live all over the UK have received interviews...not me though...I am east anglia....waiting and hoping...
Reply 794
Anyone who didnt get neither rejection nor invite for interview? Is it worth contacting the admission office?
Thanks!
Original post by hania123
Anyone who didnt get neither rejection nor invite for interview? Is it worth contacting the admission office?
Thanks!

No...lots of people still haven't heard. Just chill and enjoy the ride!

But seriously, you can if you want if it will make you feel better.
Reply 796
I wouldn't say it's worth contacting admissions. I'm a re-applicant and last year I didn't hear anything until mid Feb (ok, it was a rejection) but I have a friend who was interviewed in Feb and interviews run until March anyway. Still plenty of time to hear!
are all decisions post-interview made in march?
Reply 798
Original post by atomos
are all decisions post-interview made in march?

that's what they told me at the interview the other day...it's going to be a long wait! :frown:
Original post by Inv191
that's what they told me at the interview the other day...it's going to be a long wait! :frown:

I know - its rotten!

How do you think your interview went?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending