The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pdk
mate, so glad your interview went well...would love to hear more! hope the same for me! mine's on 23rd monday eek! Just worried esp if they ask anything about the NHS structure in england, scotland or the difference!

Also, any idea if Glasgow does prosection or dissection? :smile:

I doubt they'll ask that. Good luck with your interview.

They use dissection with some prosection I believe.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by AishaTara
Hiya, I was just wondering if anyone can advice me for 2013 entry if I should apply to Glasgow, as the student satisfaction as a percentage is only 64%.

I believe a main reason for this was the pbl heavy course that was offered which apparently you either loved or hated, however they're changing it this year to add more lectures etc. so this will almost definitely change.
Hiya, I was just wondering if anyone can advice me for 2013 entry if I should apply to Glasgow, as the student satisfaction as a percentage is only 64%.

tbh this is probably down to whether or not the course type suits you.
although it is changing
Original post by pdk
mate, so glad your interview went well...would love to hear more! hope the same for me! mine's on 23rd monday eek! Just worried esp if they ask anything about the NHS structure in england, scotland or the difference!

Also, any idea if Glasgow does prosection or dissection? :smile:

They use both Pro and Di section in Glasgow,
You might even get a different set of questions to me so you never know what they'll ask.
A guy I know is also getting interviewed on the 23rd.
Are you a grad or DSL?
Reply 1184
Original post by joemullally
They use both Pro and Di section in Glasgow,
You might even get a different set of questions to me so you never know what they'll ask.
A guy I know is also getting interviewed on the 23rd.
Are you a grad or DSL?

lol I'm a biomedical sciences graduate mate! Hmm I'm really worried tbh :redface:

I take the student satisfaction reports with a hint of salt tbh. Every Glasgow graduate doctor I have spoken to (around 10) says they hated the course when they were studying it but now they feel it has helped them to be a better doctors (quicker thinking etc). That being said; everything can be improved and balance is often better than the extremes, in this case the extremes are pure pbl and pure lecture based.
Original post by yomomalomo
How long was it between your interview and your offer?

Interview was dec 10th and I got my offer on 11th jan
Original post by pdk
lol I'm a biomedical sciences graduate mate! Hmm I'm really worried tbh :redface:

The guy I know is also a grad, he's applying A100 aswell, Should be a set of questions aimed at grads then tbf because y'know some questions may not be so suitable for graduates.
Anyway yeah, all i'll say is that the ethical scenario's wern't stricly Ethics in the way that they were set, they were more about proffesionalism and attitudes from what I understood.
The interviews were really rushed but they were SOO lovely.
I really didn't see the reputation they have for having harsh interviews there tbh.
Original post by hamandcheese

Thanks mate and congrats on your offer :smile:
Original post by yomomalomo
Thanks mate and congrats on your offer :smile:

Thank you, and all the very best to you:smile: Hope to see you there!
So who else is freaking out due to their interview being on Monday.....
Reply 1191
Original post by baztech
So who else is freaking out due to their interview being on Monday.....

ME! Was just coming on here to write exactly the same thing ha!
Original post by LPScot
ME! Was just coming on here to write exactly the same thing ha!

I know, it's OK we have TSR, when is your interview?
Reply 1193
Original post by baztech
I know, it's OK we have TSR, when is your interview?

Mines at 12:15, I'm glad because it means I can't worry about it all day! What about yours?
Original post by LPScot
Mines at 12:15, I'm glad because it means I can't worry about it all day! What about yours?

2.15 I don't mind cause even when I'm most likely up till 3am I'll get a decent amount sleep! Good luck :biggrin:
i applied to glasgow but i did not received yet any answer...does anybody know why is that?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1196
Interview tomorrow - bricking it does not describe how I'm feeling!!!
Original post by aplopeanu
i applied to glasgow but i did not received yet any answer...does anybody know why is that?

Is it on your track?

Have you recieved anything from them, e.g acknoledgement, interview etc?
Original post by joemullally
Feel's good.
Walking around Glasgow felt right aswell, I really Really liked the city.
Met a fair few friendly people.
Some of the locals I met though found my accent slightly difficult.

Whereabouts are you from? Glasgow's great. I felt the same. In a way it makes the application more nerve wracking because you now really want to go there.
Original post by hamandcheese

What were your conditions and are you studying in Scotland?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending