The Student Room Group

Edinburgh Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Hi, everyone. For international applicants, are offers sent by email, post or through the applicant portal? Thanks in advance.
Reply 381
Original post by xadmin
Do any of you who apply to the Edinburgh medicine program have to send in your transcript of grades? I am an international and they did not ask for my transcript at all

As far as I'm aware, Edinburgh does not require a transcript of grades. They seem to trust us. :wink:
Reply 382
Original post by roar558
They seem to trust us.

Lol, that was funny :tongue:. Normally universities (including Edinburgh) ask for your transcripts after you're given or you accept your offer, so there's less to process :smile:.
Reply 383
Original post by K-man.
Lol, that was funny :tongue:. Normally universities (including Edinburgh) ask for your transcripts after you're given or you accept your offer, so there's less to process :smile:.

I'm here all day. :tongue:

On a serious note they don't always, if I remember correctly there was one story a few years back about a guy who only got caught out in the 3rd year who claimed something like 14 A* at A level for Oxford.
Reply 384
Original post by roar558
I'm here all day. :tongue:

On a serious note they don't always, if I remember correctly there was one story a few years back about a guy who only got caught out in the 3rd year who claimed something like 14 A* at A level for Oxford.

I seem to remember someone like that (I'm not sure if it is the same person), but I think it was to do with falsified results rather than Oxford not asking for them. I could be wrong though, Oxford can be weird like that :tongue:. But, irrespective, Edinburgh asks for it after you accept :smile:.
Reply 385
Original post by K-man.
I seem to remember someone like that (I'm not sure if it is the same person), but I think it was to do with falsified results rather than Oxford not asking for them. I could be wrong though, Oxford can be weird like that :tongue:. But, irrespective, Edinburgh asks for it after you accept :smile:.

Thanks for the response, K-man, are you a current student at Edinburgh?
Reply 386
Original post by xadmin
Thanks for the response, K-man, are you a current student at Edinburgh?

Yeah, I'm a first year :smile:. If you, or anyone have any questions, I'll try to answer them - I need some distractions from studying :tongue:.
Reply 387
I want to know what is the fee structure for an international student? for 5 yrs?
Reply 388
Original post by K-man.
Yeah, I'm a first year :smile:. If you, or anyone have any questions, I'll try to answer them - I need some distractions from studying :tongue:.

Ahh, I have some questions regarding the class make up.

1. How many older students are in the class? (I am talking about 22 or above)

2. Are there older international students in the class?
Reply 389
Original post by xadmin
Ahh, I have some questions regarding the class make up.

1. How many older students are in the class? (I am talking about 22 or above)

2. Are there older international students in the class?

1. Emm, I'm not 100% sure since I haven't met everyone yet, it's actually really hard to tell who is postgrad or not. I would probably say less than 10, but that's pretty much a guess, sorry. The ones I have met have fitted in fine :smile:.
2. Again, not sure. There are a lot of internationals, but I haven't met a postgrad one yet.

Sorry, I can't be any more help :smile:.
Hi there, does anyone experiencing problems when accessing Euclid?
I got this message -
Error:
The Channel timed out
MyEd is unable to display the EUCLID for Applicants channel.
Please try restarting this channel.
Reply 391
Original post by Jelly Butterfly
Hi there, does anyone experiencing problems when accessing Euclid?
I got this message -
Error:
The Channel timed out
MyEd is unable to display the EUCLID for Applicants channel.
Please try restarting this channel.

No, it seems to be working for me. Try refreshing the page and try to log on again.
rejection :frown:
Reply 393
Original post by atomos
rejection :frown:

Really sorry to hear that!! :frown: I had a rejection from kings not long ago. Are you grad or undergrad?
Original post by jasqur
Really sorry to hear that!! :frown: I had a rejection from kings not long ago. Are you grad or undergrad?

undergrad

so annoyed, must have got a lower score this year because i didnt get rejected til like march last year :redface:
Reply 395
Original post by atomos
undergrad

so annoyed, must have got a lower score this year because i didnt get rejected til like march last year :redface:

I wouldn't worry too much, I've heard many people comment on how unpredictable Edinburgh's selection process is. Also they've had a significant increase in applicants this year apparently....
Good luck with your other choices :smile:
Reply 396
Original post by atomos
undergrad

Atomos,

I am sorry that you got rejected :frown:. What are the rest of your 3 choices?
Original post by atomos
dundee - but been rejected from that, and then aberdeen & glasgow (thankfully had interviews for them) :redface:

rejection from edinburgh too :frown:
Reply 398
Original post by ChangedMyMind

Awww don't worry. Where else did u apply ? All will.be well.:smile:
Original post by ChangedMyMind

I can't believe you of all people have been rejected :frown: , your blog has helped me (and probably many many others!) so much! Don't worry, its their loss not to have you! Thanks for all of your helpful blog/tsr posts and good luck with your other applications :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending