The Student Room Group

Edinburgh Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xadmin
I hope you get in this year wavezone, but I thought last year you found out you got rejected in March when they gave out offers.

Yeah it was around about the end of February/beginning of March. I imagine probably the last batch. But you're probably referring to me finding out about my messed up grades, which I found out about on the 24th - how I remember this so well? My birthday is on the 25th... Not the best birthday, despite it being my 18th! :frown:
Reply 581
Original post by wavezone113
Yeah it was around about the end of February/beginning of March. I imagine probably the last batch. But you're probably referring to me finding out about my messed up grades, which I found out about on the 24th - how I remember this so well? My birthday is on the 25th... Not the best birthday, despite it being my 18th! :frown:

Ah it is depressing that was when the nearly last batch was last year! I don't think they are even half way through rejecting yet. It kind of makes sense considering offers were made earlier last year!
Reply 582
Edit:s-smilie:orry wrong thread , good luck:tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by spoinkytheduck
I know this was ages ago.. but SAME!! :eek:
I really hope it does mean something good :colondollar:

I dont really get how the 'my fees details' works. Has euclid changed from last year? Coz my fees and funding tabs are in the home page, not in the page under UG applications for previous years. And i have had the 'my fees details' for as long as i can rmb, since i applied i think. So im just wondering if its the same for everyone. FYI, when i click on 'my fees details' it doesnt say i hv an offer, only says my fees are that of an international applicant.
Reply 584
Anyone got any offers yet? I really hope I get in, but thinking my chances are pretty slim, theres so many good candidates! :smile:
Reply 585
Original post by Wellies.
Anyone got any offers yet? I really hope I get in, but thinking my chances are pretty slim, theres so many good candidates! :smile:

They haven't started giving offers yet, software update today so there won't be any news today. Week or two left before they start.
Reply 586
So, if we haven't received a rejection yet, does this mean that we have a higher chances to get accepted?
Reply 587
Original post by xadmin
So, if we haven't received a rejection yet, does this mean that we have a higher chances to get accepted?

Well if you haven't recieved a rejection yet you have a chance to get accepted :P. I'm not 100% sure if they're rejecting from the bottom up.
Original post by joytotheworld
I dont really get how the 'my fees details' works. Has euclid changed from last year? Coz my fees and funding tabs are in the home page, not in the page under UG applications for previous years. And i have had the 'my fees details' for as long as i can rmb, since i applied i think. So im just wondering if its the same for everyone. FYI, when i click on 'my fees details' it doesnt say i hv an offer, only says my fees are that of an international applicant.

I'm pretty sure I didnt have it before, then again I might have just forgotten about it :tongue:
And yeah, I know it doesnt say you have an offer.. just apparently its a good sign or something?? Trying not to get my hopes up too much anyway - it would make the rejection so much worse :redface:
Reply 589
Original post by xadmin

Well if you haven't recieved a rejection yet you have a chance to get accepted :P. I'm not 100% sure if they're rejecting from the bottom up.
Reply 590
EDinburgh medicine update

My friend at school got a rejection letter from Edinburgh yesterday.
The rejection letter said that she was an excellent candidate and was in the top 14% of applicants.
Due to the increases in numbers of applicants this year they are only able to make offers to the top 7% of applicants .
I am still waiting to hear , so hopefully in the next couple,of weeks.
Original post by elob

The rejection letter said that she was an excellent candidate and was in the top 14% of applicants.
Due to the increases in numbers of applicants this year they are only able to make offers to the top 7% of applicants .

Top 7%!!! Dear God... That's a scary percentage! :frown:
Reply 592
Yeah not sure of the stats but feel fairly sure from school and the candidates they have rejected it is being done bottom up somno news is definitely good news !!

Good luck, now it may be I won't get an offer want it bad......
It's actually the top ~13%. Feedback will say 'but not in the top 280 (out of 2150) to whom we can make an offer.

Unless the 7% refers to international apps, no idea about their stats.
Reply 594
Original post by elob

So is your friend an international applicant?
Reply 595
No an English student from the same area as me.another girl at school got a rejection last week and she had 2 more A* than me so am presuming my non academic was stronger than hers , although I forgot my ukcat was higher.
I realise it is all speculation but I really want to know now.

I thought Kings was my 1st choice but am so not sure now.

How can you decide which is your insurance offer when all asking for the same grades
Original post by elob
No an English student from the same area as me.another girl at school got a rejection last week and she had 2 more A* than me so am presuming my non academic was stronger than hers , although I forgot my ukcat was higher.
I realise it is all speculation but I really want to know now.

I thought Kings was my 1st choice but am so not sure now.

How can you decide which is your insurance offer when all asking for the same grades

Which is the better medical shool, or, more appropriately, where you want to spend 5/6 years of your life living.
Reply 597
Original post by wavezone113
Which is the better medical shool, or, more appropriately, where you want to spend 5/6 years of your life living.

I love that about applying to medicine, out of any offers you get you can choose based on where you'd like to live rather than which is the better uni, in the comfort that any university will provide you with a medical degree that will help you realise your ambitions :smile:
Offer might be made soon (March is only next week!!)
But more rejections too...
SO SCARED!! :eek:
Original post by nk2012
i know this is an edinburgh thread so i probably shouldnt be posting this here - but i also applied to both UCL and Edinburgh - and i was just wondering if you two got rejected pre-interview or post-interview?

I haven't been rejected yet, still waiting for the interview :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending