The Student Room Group

Peninsula Medical School Applicants thread 2012 entry.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by oldbatty
And I thought Medicine was a caring profession......who are these sad people that neg others success?

Why have I been negged for this???!!!!
Original post by pan_93
^ with?......

With choosing whether Peninsula is right for me.

My list so far:
Barts (90%)
Newcastle / Glasgow (100%)
Southampton (95%)
BSMS or Peninsula or St Andrews (or should I go for both Glasgow AND Newcastle)

Stats: UKCAT 690, UCAS Tarrif 600+ and I'm not sure how good my PS will be.
Reply 142
i have AAAB at AS, the B is in economics :/ and I am predicted A*AA. i got 8A* and 3As at gcse
my ukcat is 655. do I have a chance???
Reply 143
Original post by Long Time Coming
With choosing whether Peninsula is right for me.

My list so far:
Barts (90%)
Newcastle / Glasgow (100%)
Southampton (95%)
BSMS or Peninsula or St Andrews (or should I go for both Glasgow AND Newcastle)

Stats: UKCAT 690, UCAS Tarrif 600+ and I'm not sure how good my PS will be.

With 690 UKCAT you should apply to Newcastle and Glasgow.

Peninsula have a low cut off, so it wouldn't benefit you.
Original post by no.name
i have AAAB at AS, the B is in economics :/ and I am predicted A*AA. i got 8A* and 3As at gcse
my ukcat is 655. do I have a chance???

Your grades are fine.
Not sure about the UKCAT. Last year it was 642.5 average cut off and was set to increase.
Original post by eemooz
With 690 UKCAT you should apply to Newcastle and Glasgow.

Peninsula have a low cut off, so it wouldn't benefit you.

Aha, I might just do that. Thanks.
Hi guys

I emailed Peninsula and they told me that applicants were ranked on academics and UKCAT and then chosen for interview. Does anyone know how offers are made? Is it based entirely on the interview, or is a score for it added to the other factors and then offers made?

Original post by platty1907
Hi guys

I emailed Peninsula and they told me that applicants were ranked on academics and UKCAT and then chosen for interview. Does anyone know how offers are made? Is it based entirely on the interview, or is a score for it added to the other factors and then offers made?

once youve had the interview its just the interview that they base the decision on
Reply 148
I have a question, for people with A2 grades, do you still need to fill in your AS grades (for subjects you took on to A2). ?
Original post by aj2010
I have a question, for people with A2 grades, do you still need to fill in your AS grades (for subjects you took on to A2). ?

Put it as A2 but fill in all the modules completed (including AS and A2)
Is it necessary to complete modules? I only put my grades in arghhhhhh
Original post by Abbasmerali
Is it necessary to complete modules? I only put my grades in arghhhhhh

I don't think it is, just had that drilled into my head by my old admissions tutor!
well if it gets sent back to me then I'll change it just in case...
Original post by Abbasmerali
well if it gets sent back to me then I'll change it just in case...

Have you not got an admissions tutor to ask?
I got 645 in the UKCAT.... a bit of risk to go for Peninsula. Does anyone know by how much does the UKCAT cut off usually rises each year :biggrin: Thanks
Original post by areyousure?
I got 645 in the UKCAT.... a bit of risk to go for Peninsula. Does anyone know by how much does the UKCAT cut off usually rises each year :biggrin: Thanks

it rises by around 12.5 each year.
Last year it was 642.5.
Original post by joemullally
it rises by around 12.5 each year.
Last year it was 642.5.

Well, I need to talk to UEA on Monday. It will all depend on what all they say...
Original post by aj2010

I didn't as As is only half of A2, and technically when you get an A2 you use the As towards it, so you don't have As's anymore (unless you dropped) You have full A levels.
Reply 158
Original post by joemullally
I didn't as As is only half of A2, and technically when you get an A2 you use the As towards it, so you don't have As's anymore (unless you dropped) You have full A levels.

I took all 4 to A2 so like if the uni's ask for AAAa they won't be able to see it? cuz I have AABB.
Also i was thinking would the AS grades show that you were on track to acheiving the grades but didn't.
( my questions might be very stupid, sorry :smile: )
Thanks for your reply :smile:
Original post by aj2010
I took all 4 to A2 so like if the uni's ask for AAAa they won't be able to see it? cuz I have AABB.
Also i was thinking would the AS grades show that you were on track to acheiving the grades but didn't.
( my questions might be very stupid, sorry :smile: )
Thanks for your reply :smile:

Could always put it in the module information, but putting your As's in aswell would be innacurate, the last thing you want is for them to think you're lying (that you've done extra As's etc).

AAAa is a minnimum
A B at A level is better than an a at As.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending