The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by ssebonive
If you're an effective parent from the word 'go' it needn't get to that stage at all.

Also, to the OP. Fair point, but half the parents are out there doing the looting, so there isn't much hope there, is it? And I'm sure half the kids are parents themselves...

Smh

If you think that external factors can't make a kid, with good parents, bad then you are extremely naive, have no experience in the area and essentially you are wrong, so shh
Reply 41
Original post by antonia95
Because u have to teach them before their 16. 16 is not an adult, it's still a child and lots still live with their parents. It's disgustingly stupid for a parent to think on my childs a teenager now they can do what they like. These parents need more lessons than the kids

Naive, ignorant and generalized, how embarrassing.

Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x
Most adoption system workers haven't a clue themselves. Don't try to justify yourself by claiming that.

Hahaha oh dear
Your so pathetic you need to sink to this level? How sad
Because u have to teach them before their 16. 16 is not an adult, it's still a child and lots still live with their parents. It's disgustingly stupid for a parent to think on my childs a teenager now they can do what they like. These parents need more lessons than the kids

Agreed. +rep.
They should all be shot. They're of no benefit to society and are just a negative influence on society. A civilised world has no place for them.

But, it could be argued that they are benefiting society? I mean, in a vague sense, and I still don't condone the rioting one bit, but in a sense it has bought people together. People seem to have more respect for the police, and my facebook news feed (not a very valid source I know, but hey) is going mental with "These rioters are pricks" or "I have so much respect for the police up there right now".

So yeah, although the rioting is awful, the people in it are awful, and the excuses they're giving for the rioting are awful ("Getting our taxes back" being a personal favorite), you have to have these things happen. For the social togetherness, moral tightening and helping to fix up the laws/funding within this country. Hell, Millwall and Charlton fans both joined forces to protect Eltham high street and help the police tonight, if that's not comradeship I don't know what is.

Ps. I may be talking complete *******s to some, just my opinion. And I guess trying to be optimistic has skewed my views a bit...

EDIT: Just realised I skewed off topic from the original post, sorry about that :colondollar:
(edited 12 years ago)
Mate, I went to a dive of a school, gang orientated and full of drugs. I never went down that road, no one else has an excuse too either. Plenty of London school children make something of themselves, the bad ones have nothing but themselves to blame and their parents are responsible for letting it happen.

Stop making excuses for them.

obviously you aint been to a bad enough school then... some children miss out on father figures too, hence they seek gang members for authoritive figures, you sticking it straight onto the parents aint right, you are not taking into account any extraneous variables, you are just applying your own unsocial life to what others should follow by your example, thats not how the real world works, theres soo many people in soo many different situations yet you blame the parents directly....

yes you are right about the whole "the bad ones have nothing but themselves to blame" and that is where that statement should have ended, as a person grows up its there choice for what path they want to follow, most of these kids as i already said have no fathers, only mothers, and you probably already know they can become quite overpowering physically from an early age, ive seen children assault there own mothers, you cant just go off blindely and blame parents for what is going on, its there own choice whether they want to turn the life around or not and obviously many go with the latter because its easier or they miss out on oppurtunitys.
Reply 45
Original post by Tommyjw
If you think that external factors can't make a kid, with good parents, bad then you are extremely naive, have no experience in the area and essentially you are wrong, so shh

of course they can, but parent it is their responsibility to give them a good start in life, with some discipline and teach them morals. These kids just want a new pair of trainers, but essentially the parents have a responsibility (forgetting about how they've brought them up) to call their kids and see where they are. What kind of parent let's kids as young as 11 out on the streets whilst all this is going on, Granted there are other factors but the parents should be finding put where their kids are
Original post by Indian_Prince
obviously you aint been to a bad enough school then... some children miss out on father figures too, hence they seek gang members for authoritive figures, you sticking it straight onto the parents aint right, you are not taking into account any extraneous variables, you are just applying your own unsocial life to what others should follow by your example, thats not how the real world works, theres soo many people in soo many different situations yet you blame the parents directly....

yes you are right about the whole "the bad ones have nothing but themselves to blame" and that is where that statement should have ended, as a person grows up its there choice for what path they want to follow, most of these kids as i already said have no fathers, only mothers, and you probably already know they can become quite overpowering physically from an early age, ive seen children assault there own mothers, you cant just go off blindely and blame parents for what is going on, its there own choice whether they want to turn the life around or not and obviously many go with the latter because its easier or they miss out on oppurtunitys.

I didn't say it was solely the parents fault my friend, I said they're partly responsible. Manchester Police have even stated that the parents have a responsibility and they're absolutely right.
Thats a joke right? ill bet some of these so call parents gave their scally kids shopping lists on friday afternooon. Picture the Shameless Cast
Reply 48
of course they can, but parent it is their responsibility to give them a good start in life, with some discipline and teach them morals. These kids just want a new pair of trainers, but essentially the parents have a responsibility (forgetting about how they've brought them up) to call their kids and see where they are. What kind of parent let's kids as young as 11 out on the streets whilst all this is going on, Granted there are other factors but the parents should be finding put where their kids are

Didn't realize anyone was this ignorant.

Again, a kid can have the best upbringing possible in there situation but external factors can easily counter that. To deny that is stupid.

Again, a parent cannot physically drag a child home. Who says they let them out? Even more ignorance from yourself. You really think a phone call from mum would stop them? How naive. You clearly have no experience with these type of kids.

Hope none of you imbeciles are everparents.
Original post by Tommyjw

Again, a kid can have the best upbringing possible in there situation but external factors can easily counter that. To deny that is stupid.

Again, a parent cannot physically drag a child home. Who says they let them out? Even more ignorance from yourself. You really think a phone call from mum would stop them? How naive. You clearly have no experience with these type of kids.

Nonsense. My cousin was an A grade yob and he got dragged home a number of times by his mother and made an example out of and repeatedly embarrassed because he was mixing with the wrong crowd. She showed him that if he was going down that road she would not tolerate that bull****.

Of course parents can enforce authority, anyone who says they can't are delusional. Funny how the leader of the Manchester Police Force agrees with us and not you. Of course parents have a responsibility.
Reply 50
Nonsense. My cousin was an A grade yob and he got dragged home a number of times by his mother and made an example out of and repeatedly embarrassed because he was mixing with the wrong crowd. She showed him that if he was going down that road she would not tolerate that bull****.

Of course parents can enforce authority, anyone who says they can't are delusional. Funny how the leader of the Manchester Police Force agrees with us and not you. Of course parents have a responsibility.

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize your cousin represents the whole country :smile: I also remember a bbc article about a kid beating his mum up for not letting him take a baseball bat out with him, am I allowed to say this represents everyone? No.

How stupid are You? It is against the law for a parent to take such physical force necessary to get some of these kids home.

Funny, I didn't realize the police have said that all parents are completely to blame and should use physical force on their children. Please show me where they said this :smile:... Oh wait..
I didn't say it was solely the parents fault my friend, I said they're partly responsible. Manchester Police have even stated that the parents have a responsibility and they're absolutely right.

just because the police say that, it doesnt mean they are right, yes maybe for the majority of the kids, the parents should put there feet down and take some action, but most of these people are 18+ who knows if they even live with there parents anymore? theres alot of factors to take into consideration...
Reply 52
Original post by Tommyjw

your so closed minded and probably never listened to your parents
It's not like this parents are trying to keep their kids home, some are even encouraging them and others don't care.
But just because their a good person doesn't mean they know how to parent properly or how to teach their kids, and they might not always be around.
no ones suggesting they drag them home, their suggesting preventing it in the future or before it gets this bad. Jeez
(edited 12 years ago)
I got called a pansy etc because I didn't try drugs, I didn't give in to the retarded peer pressure. If anything, im stronger than the weak minded individuals who gave in to look 'cool' as they say. We'll see who is laughing when I got a massive pay packet and a nice family and there struggling.

Im sick of people who obviously cannot accept the common sense concepts of parenting. You keep letting your child push the boundaries and gradually they'll keep pushing them further to see just how much they can get away with.

i hate to disappoint you but your wrong my parents raised both me and my sister the exact same way

i am perfectly fine my sister is a little bitch that's her personality and the people she is friends with not the
Reply 54
your such a retard and so closed minded and probably never listened to your parents
It's not like this parents are trying to keep their kids home, some are even encouraging them and others don't care.

Said it yourself.
SOME.

Now, you have said it yourself, shut up and go away.

But just because their a good person doesn't mean they know how to parent properly or how to teach their kids, and they might not always be around.
no ones suggesting they drag them home, their suggesting preventing it in the future or before it gets this bad. Jeez

Yes they are suggesting this. Can you even read? Pathetic.

'Prevention' is easier said than done. Which anyone with any experience would tell you. You are naive, just shut up and go away, you know nothing.
Original post by Tommyjw
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize your cousin represents the whole country :smile: I also remember a bbc article about a kid beating his mum up for not letting him take a baseball bat out with him, am I allowed to say this represents everyone? No.

How stupid are You? It is against the law for a parent to take such physical force necessary to get some of these kids home.

Funny, I didn't realize the police have said that all parents are completely to blame and should use physical force on their children. Please show me where they said this :smile:... Oh wait..

No one is saying they're completely to blame, I didn't even say that which instantly proves you did not read my post.

Ignorance is bliss. I said they have a responsibility, I never said they're solely responsible. Note the difference.
Reply 56
No one is saying they're completely to blame, I didn't even say that which instantly proves you did not read my post.

Ignorance is bliss. I said they have a responsibility, I never said they're solely responsible. Note the difference.

Lol i'm actually embarrassed for you.

responsibility indicates a direct blame. Your first post was a clear 'every yob out there has bad parents, if there parents were good parents this wouldn't be happening' . What a complete lack of logic you possess.
Original post by Indian_Prince
just because the police say that, it doesnt mean they are right, yes maybe for the majority of the kids, the parents should put there feet down and take some action, but most of these people are 18+ who knows if they even live with there parents anymore? theres alot of factors to take into consideration...

A lot of them are around 10-16 years old. The parents have a responsibility, not solely responsible. I never once said that.
Original post by Tommyjw
Lol i'm actually embarrassed for you.

responsibility indicates a direct blame. Your first post was a clear 'every yob out there has bad parents, if there parents were good parents this wouldn't be happening' . What a complete lack of logic you possess.

Yes, whatever. I stated, they have a responsibility, look at the thread title.

responsibility does not indicate direct blame. A number of people can be responsible, not just one select group.

Every yob out there does have bad parents. Every single yob I know, I went to an extremely rough school with on site police, had bad parents who didn't care about their children or let them do what they want and didn't enforce discipline.
Reply 59
Yes, whatever. I stated, they have a responsibility, look at the thread title.

responsibility does not indicate direct blame. A number of people can be responsible, not just one select group.

Well done for ignoring the core message but whatever, i'll say it again for your pleasure.

Your post was a clear 'if the parents were better parents, we wouldn't have this problem'. This you are essentially saying that good parents = no problems. thus are are saying that no other reasons could make a child, with good parents, like this. Read your own post before commenting.

Every yob out there does have bad parents. Every single yob I know, I went to an extremely rough school with on site police, had bad parents who didn't care about their children or let them do what they want and didn't enforce discipline.

Every 'yob' i know doesn't have bad parents. Sorted. Funny how different experiences show different things isn't it :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending